COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
D&SS claiming mode temporarily disabled

Greetings Elyrians!

Due to the volume of people concurrently trying to claim domains this morning, we're experiencing a unique site deadlock that we didn't encounter during prior claim periods. Your experience on the website is our highest priority and to ensure that the site remains usable for everyone while we're actively investigating, we're temporarily returning the D&SS app to Read-Only mode.

Thanks for your patience.

As soon as we've resolved this issue, we'll notify the community that D&SS is re-enabled and claiming can resume. Again, this is our top priority today and we're committed to getting this fixed as quickly as possible. Until then, please avoid submitting Support Tickets specifically for being unable to pick at this time, and thank you so much for your patience!

Update 10/7/2019 4pm PT:

Hello Elyrians!

We've done work to identify the root cause of the site issue that surfaced this morning when we re-enabled the D&SS app and claiming. We're working on solutions now and this may take us some time, but we did want to communicate that we don't expect to have this resolved today. We're working hard to get this fixed, tested, and back in your hands, and we'll continue to provide updates when they're meaningful. For now we wanted to let you know that we're making progress.

We know you're eager and excited to claim your holdings, and we're just as enthusiastic to get you on your way. This will remain our top priority until D&SS is re-enabled.

Thank you again to our community for your patience!

Update 10/8/2019 3:30pm PT:

Hail Elyrians!

Over the past day we've made significant headway in our investigation, but have reached a point where it is necessary, both for furthering the investigation and to validate a working theory, that we re-enable the DSS portal to capture some additional logging. This means we'll be intermittently re-enabling the D&SS app throughout the day to capture information and run diagnostics under expected load. During this time, people are encouraged to use the portal as normal.

To help set expectations, please note that you will continue to encounter the same issues that appeared yesterday as no solution has yet been deployed.

Our team appreciates your patience while we perform these diagnostics and want to communicate that our top priority remains resolving this issue. We'll continue to keep you updated as we work to address the problems. Thank you for your support and understanding!

Update 10/10/2019:

Greetings Elyrians!

We've got an update regarding D&SS and claiming your domains. We're continuing to monitor the D&SS app following our logging efforts and some updates to our services, and we believe the issue previously reported has been resolved.

If you have yet to claim your domains, we encourage you to do so! If you experience any further issues with the D&SS app or claims process, please don't hesitate to submit a support ticket.

Thank you for your patience and we appreciate your ongoing understanding!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

10/7/2019 6:29:34 PM #1

We believe in you guys! You can do it!

Will you post a new date for it to happen anytime soon?

Friend Code A81A5F

10/7/2019 6:40:40 PM #2

Posted By Khalifah at 1:29 PM - Mon Oct 07 2019

We believe in you guys! You can do it!

Will you post a new date for it to happen anytime soon?

As soon as we've resolved this issue, we'll notify the community that D&SS is re-enabled and claiming can resume.

Divide et Impera

10/7/2019 7:12:02 PM #3

Not gonna lie, I was a little miffed this morning. Lol I apologize for my lack of faith.

10/7/2019 7:34:58 PM #4

I just hope we get some notice before it’s unlocked instead of just “claiming has been re-enabled. Go!”

I’m out of the house for the next 8 hours. I set a proxy, i can’t expect him to sit at home and be ready to jump into the map for the next 8 hours.

10/7/2019 8:21:19 PM #5

I am pretty disapointed, was waiting, so ready ! but.......

Now I am out off the house the next 14 days !

10/7/2019 8:22:04 PM #6

I agree that unless you make it another time gated event you are punishing those of us that have already put forth the money into the game for the opportunity to claim land.

10/7/2019 8:49:23 PM #7

Any update on the status? Will it be today? Trying to make plans... TIA

10/7/2019 9:01:58 PM #8

You guys can do it! MEGA support from all of us!

You cannot have life without death. I create death, therefore I create life.

10/7/2019 9:09:48 PM #9

Posted By Tilarium at 3:34 PM - Mon Oct 07 2019

I just hope we get some notice before it’s unlocked instead of just “claiming has been re-enabled. Go!”

I’m out of the house for the next 8 hours. I set a proxy, i can’t expect him to sit at home and be ready to jump into the map for the next 8 hours.

What else are children good for? Have them vacuum the house or clean out the cat box while waiting. 😄

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

10/7/2019 9:10:30 PM #10

So, sorry for the dumb question and equally dumb placement of this question, but how does this affect those of us who aren't dukes, counts, mayors or the like?

10/7/2019 9:11:01 PM #11

Posted By Isuzu at 3:12 PM - Mon Oct 07 2019

Not gonna lie, I was a little miffed this morning. Lol I apologize for my lack of faith.

Scary....

😉

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to get angry. JAMES 1:19 NLT

10/7/2019 9:12:26 PM #12

Posted By Kyleran at 5:09 PM - Mon Oct 07 2019

Posted By Tilarium at 3:34 PM - Mon Oct 07 2019

What else are children good for? Have them vacuum the house or clean out the cat box while waiting. 😄

No kids, that’s how I can afford to be a whale.

10/7/2019 9:14:50 PM #13

Posted By Kyleran at 4:11 PM - Mon Oct 07 2019

Posted By Isuzu at 3:12 PM - Mon Oct 07 2019

Scary....

😉

Ok. thanks. -_-

lol, but does this mean people can choose where they want to start? I'm guessing not but I like being certain of some things.

10/7/2019 10:54:17 PM #14

Hello Elyrians!

We've done work to identify the root cause of the site issue that surfaced this morning when we re-enabled the D&SS app and claiming. We're working on solutions now and this may take us some time, but we did want to communicate that we don't expect to have this resolved today. We're working hard to get this fixed, tested, and back in your hands, and we'll continue to provide updates when they're meaningful. For now we wanted to let you know that we're making progress.

We know you're eager and excited to claim your holdings, and we're just as enthusiastic to get you on your way. This will remain our top priority until D&SS is re-enabled.

Thank you again to our community for your patience!

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

10/7/2019 10:55:29 PM #15

Will you be rescheduling the kick off,

or just throwing the Frankenstein switch and stepping back....?