COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
[Show us your domain] Duchy Bloodheim

Argos land of peace and hope. Once a land lush and bountiful now a woodland savanna after the war of Resolute. Named as such for the stance their warrior Queen, Duchess Evangeline Zorel took against the King of Kalous. The king of Kalous was a greedy man who fought wars and took over lands only to imprison their people. This King approached Duchess Evangaline Zorel with the proposal of marriage.

She had heard from one of her spies in his council that the King planned to marry only to enslave her and her people. Knowing her people would not be safe with a man like this as King she took up her sword.

Unknown to the King, Duchess Evangeline had known long ago she would be tasked in protecting her people. Handed down from mother to daughter through the years a magical necklace. Each being told "Only she with golden hair, the strength of a lion and love for her people shall embrace her true love with lips of crimson. Only immortal stone shall save her and her people from the greed of man." Each woman in her line was taught how to use a sword and to fight for her people.

As the war took many of her people her eyes filled with tears for the fallen. Knowing what must be done to save them she looked to her first knight. "Peace has died here today. Argos we are no more, for this is Bloodheim. Never shall our people be enslaved by the cruelty of war. You are my Knights, The Knights of the Vein. Protect our people, protect the Duchy and the Kingdom. Make them all strong. I love you one and all."

Turning from her knights she approached the King on the battlefield. "Let it be known I Duchess Evangeline Zorel give my heart to my Duchy, Kingdom, and its people. Only one with true love for them and I will be the one by my side. You and your people are banned from our lands as I give myself to save my people." Upon these words and as she took her last step covered in the blood of his men. She turned to stone before his eyes and the eyes of his soldiers. A flash of light blinded everyone upon the battlefield as the King and his men were magically repelled from the lands.

Now and standing in the center of her former Duchy of Argos, Now known as Bloodheim. Duchess Evangeline's statue stands in the center of where her home still stands in Ippotis Valk (Knights Valkyrie) in the county of Thermondon.

Many travelers come to the statue leaving gifts and occasionally placing a kiss upon it. The hopes of her people to see her awaken one day. Knowing the stories to be true for every war or time her people are endangered the statue cries. Her love still strong through the years for her people and her heart still beating for the one who will awaken her.

So that we are clear. She is a Warrior Queen. Not the Queen of all the lands. Evangeline is the Duchess of her lands. Well was. :P

10/14/2019 6:11:58 AM #1

I like it.

10/15/2019 6:07:01 AM #2

Excellent historical tale of the Duchy of Bloodheim's past and its then Duchess Evangeline. I like it!

Friend Code -- FDC413

10/16/2019 12:51:04 AM #3

My cousin told me to check this story out. [justicevalla is my cuz] I'm a big fan of amazon's history. Will your knight's be all women?

I really liked the story and the bit of the history of your lands!

10/17/2019 2:52:53 AM #4

@ Justicevallance The knights of the vein yes. there is another division called the berzerkers (Blood Sworn) which will be the men.

Blood Sworn ("Sworn by Blood")

Some Blood Sworn are known to bathe in the blood of their enemies. These men seen coming back from battle drenched in the blood of those who had fallen. Often where they have battled, there has been scribed by witnesses many of the fallen enemies had vanished from where they fell. One poet scribed this as I had asked one of these Sworn what has happened to the fallen. He only stated, "To relish this dish, one must first bathe in the enemy." These men are known as the Berserkers of Blood Sworn.