COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
[Show Us Your Domain] Scarington

In the midst of our Duchy Feann lies fair woodland surrounded by a savannah, rivers, the sweet scent of hay and the beauty of our blue spring flowers. In the center of this joyous County Caprise is the enchanting hamlet of Scarington, ruled by the noble family who has given it its name.

One foot in the land of the fae, one in the mortal realm, one would think, looking at the beauty of the land, the charm of the forest and its denizens. The hamlet itself is comprised of darling cottages that have been designed and constructed with an eye for both comfort and beauty. Scarington is known as a hamlet for those who want peace, wealth and faith, and the very layout of the town displays all three. The hamlet blessed with an abundance of fertile land, wants for nothing. Fruit and vegetable gardens sit side by side with flowers and herbs, creating a palette that is pleasing to the eye and the palate.

Who is the mind that created such beauty? Well, that my friends was none other that Mayor Scarlotte herself, a very vision of a goddess of fecundity and wealth. Her smile delighted, her curves enchanted, her laughter rang through the forest and grandest of halls alike. Known for the generosity of her table, her feasts were legendary, as was the Mayor herself. More than one man found himself smitten by her, though she never gave her heart to any of them.

It was she, a logger by trade, who saw the potential in this hamlet and so carved a life for herself, soon inviting others as she never wanted to be alone. It is she that the townspeople hold in the highest of regards.

Why, you may ask, am I introducing her in the past tense? Come to her hamlet now, my friend, an you will see black flags hanging from the center flagpole as well as in each window. Scarington is in mourning. Our enchanting mayor has crossed the bridge to the life beyond ours, leaving us all in the deepest of shock and mourning.

Her loving brother, though overwrought with grief (as is understandable) will nevertheless honour her memory by joining the game and leading the hamlet, thus continuing her legacy in the spirit which she would have wished. He will honour her by ensuring the people of her hamlet receive all the love, care and attention which she bestowed upon them I, honoured to have known our friend Scarlotte and compatriot in this realm of Al’Khezam, will also hold her memory in my heart and mind. To honour her for the bright light that she was, I will name a star Scarlotte in her memory, thus ensuring she is never forgotten. At night, when the sorrow overwhelms those of us who lost her, I invite you all to look up into the sky and think of her.

On behalf of Al’Khezam the community, and our friends, I know you will all join me in saying, May She Rest In Peace.

Duke Usifan Banner