COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
SHINY DAY (12/19/2020) - Presenting this week's GLOWY!

Hail Elyrians! It’s the last shiny before the holidays! But, don’t let that thought bring you down! Things are shaping up nicely and there’s a lot to sink your teeth into!

Over the course of the shinies this year, you’ve watched characters gain the ability to fight with customizable martial arts styles in a system that both rewards player skill and requires character investment to learn and master.

This year, you’ve also watched the character gain a whole new suite of traversal abilities, including the basics such as wall climbing and more advanced techniques such as wall running, vaulting, and sliding. And more is on the way! The next time you see pre-alpha footage, you’ll see characters climbing and swinging on ropes and much, much more.

And, of course, you’ve also seen and read about the work that went to into generating the four worlds of Elyria. From an in-depth video that offered a peak behind the code that simulated the conditions necessary to populate the settlements of the world, to an explanation of the utterly massive scope and scale of the worlds we’ve created for you!

It may not have seemed it to everyone, but this was a critical year for the game team, and we’ve made pivotal progress in our drive to bring the core adventuring experience to fruition.

But, wow, was that a mouth full! Let’s look at something that GLOWS, yeah? And let me tell you, getting you these images was difficult, they were hard to scale. I shed crocodile tears trying to get it done…

…Or we just really love our puns here. But seriously, you remember when I showed you all that sculpt of the sailfin? Have a look at it now, in all its glory:

Vanimus has done a hell of a job with this one, and I can’t wait to see the glowing tips of its sail peeking out from the reeds in all their glowy glory!

That said, we’ve hit the tail end of this week’s post, so let me just say: Happy Holidays everyone and thank you so much for your support!

The shinies will return in January!

Until then…

Stay Shiny My Friends!

• Snipehunter
12/20/2019 3:03:03 AM #1

Huzzah!

Alt text - can be left blank

12/20/2019 3:04:27 AM #2

awesome, Happy Holidays

12/20/2019 3:04:58 AM #3

Oh my, I LOVE that!

12/20/2019 3:07:41 AM #4

Oooh, that looks cool! I just wish the images more clearly showed how much the sides of the tail curve upwards. It's like a spoon!

12/20/2019 3:08:52 AM #5

Nice! A "little" angry reptile :D And it glows!

12/20/2019 3:09:02 AM #6

Great work you guys!! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

12/20/2019 3:09:51 AM #7

glowurking in the depths <3

Imgur

12/20/2019 3:12:15 AM #8

Depending how large they will actually be, I expect they will be rather intimidating!

12/20/2019 3:17:37 AM #9

That would be an impressive fishing trophy.

12/20/2019 3:18:13 AM #10

OK first it is an awesome shiny. But now I am rethinking my travels in the swamp/rain forest. They totally need a low frequency roar that makes the ground shake so you can hear them before you see them. Scary...

Divide et Impera

12/20/2019 3:27:23 AM #11

Wonder how big they get...betcha they could pull boats.

Or capsize them...

"It's not the scales, the wings, the teeth, or even the breath that set a dragon at the pinnacle of creation. It's not the strength or senses, nor the size of his hoard. It's something that a dragon knows that only comes with age and experience. It's a skill mortals never truly master."

"A dragon...knows how to wait."

12/20/2019 3:31:42 AM #12

Posted By Daynen at 9:27 PM - Thu Dec 19 2019

Wonder how big they get...betcha they could pull boats.

Or capsize them...

Did you come up with that or is it a quote?

12/20/2019 3:33:16 AM #13

Is there a size comparison to the tribes or boats?

12/20/2019 3:37:04 AM #14

I second and third that question. Snipe! 😃 How long can these get?

12/20/2019 3:37:20 AM #15

As a true test of this monster, I am curious how many Janoans it takes to take down such a creature? Also, where would you rate the trophy head of this monster in comparison to other monstrous fauna that you have created so far on a 10 point scale?