COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Thoughts About Game Feautures and Community Joining

Hello!

I first heard about this game back in 2017. It was such a unique concept that I stupidly rushed to make an account just to find out it wasn't done yet. (the YouTube video i watched on it back then unfortunately failed to mention most the games in their list were all still in development stages.) I was disappointed, but still I understood a good game takes time to make.

Anyway, I really want to talk about what made me interested about the game in the first place back then and now.

1. Children I really love the idea of there being children in game and the fact you can have your own children. I read many posts about how the whole children thing work and I am very satisfied with what I saw so far. I did see people kind of feel disappointed there won't be things like sex or pregnancy represented in game. However, in my opinion I feel that is something not needed in the first place since after all having children is great by itself. Also, another opinion I have is, it's not like you can't role play the sex and pregnancy part which I would think could be fun to try if that is what one really chooses to do for their game play experience. Actually I think that would be very easy to role play, visually it may look awkward... but I mean if you ever role played in WoW before then you just get used to not having everything you role play being visually represented in the game.

2. AI I am so excited to see there will be an actually good AI being developed. The idea that your on character, your friends, family everyone continues to live even when you are offline I think is ingenious. The only other game I know of that attempted to do that as one of it's main features was Age of Wushu/9yin, but the way they did it was quite limiting and disappointing since offline players there provided no real interactions with environment or players and other npcs around them.

3. Your character is your "Soul" I really am not sure whether or not other games have done this or not. Either way it is really unique. The fact that it is your soul that lives on really makes it both unique and a working game mechanic. Since at first i thought when character die... boom! game over! haha!

4. Player controlled world This part is probably my favorite because for someone like me that started my first role playing experience in WoW... I always felt extremely limited to my role playing. Since I mean i don't mean to offend any WoW role players that may be reading this, but it just felt like the players had no real place among the lore of the world. The stories just revolved around the NPCs while players were all viewed as generic "Champions".(I understand why they do it like this and I am not saying they should change that, but as a first time role player back then it felt a little disappointing after some time.) So l love the idea that players are actually involved in the lore of the game and are ever shaping that story ALONG with the NPCs.

Anyway, these are just some of the things that attracted me to the game I wanted to mention.

Now as for joining the community.. at first I thought I should just wait until the game actually finishes in development then work on that.. However, after reading a lot of post I am starting to realize it would probably be more beneficial and create a much better game experience if i start joining the community now. I saw the different servers and I will probably be under the NA-E one. Can anyone give me more info on how I can start actively being apart of the community, or are forum posts the main way? Honestly as of now I not sure what there is to do in the community while the game is still in development. Either way I am more interested in building relationships with others so when game comes out I won't have to be on my own.

Also, if it helps, here is some info about myself when it comes to playing games. I really like social interactions in games, thus why I became so interested in role playing in games like WoW. I like to keep my social interactions as an in-game thing though, but I don't mind sharing very limited information about real life things if I feel a certain amount of trust. I like playing at a slow pace and really enjoying all features of a game. I really care a lot about looks of characters when playing games, probably to the point where I would consider myself a pay2look pretty player (i mean if most cosmetic items were things you had to buy with real money).

Anyway these are just some thing about me, I just felt would good to say a bit about myself in games since I want to join the community.

Thank you all for your time for reading!

12/23/2019 5:44:51 AM #1

Hey Ranea, welcome to the community. As the game isn't out yet, there isn't anything you can really do to be "active" in the community other than hopping into the discord for a bit every now and then, and looking at and replying (or starting your own) to forum posts.

When it comes to the question that's probably plaguing you, we are currently in a unreleased development of pre-alpha. SBS has not released any timelines (by demand, as I have heard) but progress seems to be steady and we are looking at some sort of (just my guess) deliverable of alpha in 2020.

As for pledge packages, if you have the money to spend and if you want to get into the game at its earliest, Proprieter is good for you. However, my personal recommendation is to spend whatever you feel comfortable with losing, just in case ;). If your just looking to get general beta access, any of the lower packages will do just fine :D.

We are currently doing a Settlers Of Elyria event (that's just crashed two times, sbs is fixing some issues haha) that, unless you plan on purchasing a town, shouldn't be of any importance to you when it comes to deliverables.

Hope you enjoy the community, if you have any other questions feel free to contact my discord (By the way, did I mention that EVERYONE in this game practically uses discord for communication, its a free chat app you should get). My discord is Zeek#9476

As for your questions, I suggest looking at the game articles on the site, or asking people (or me :D) on their Official Discord, or check out their Wiki (The wiki has some outdated stuff but most of its pretty updated).

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •

12/23/2019 5:52:53 AM #2

Posted By Zeek_Halykr at 12:44 AM - Mon Dec 23 2019

Hey Ranea, welcome to the community. As the game isn't out yet, there isn't anything you can really do to be "active" in the community other than hopping into the discord for a bit every now and then, and looking at and replying (or starting your own) to forum posts.

When it comes to the question that's probably plaguing you, we are currently in a unreleased development of pre-alpha. SBS has not released any timelines (by demand, as I have heard) but progress seems to be steady and we are looking at some sort of (just my guess) deliverable of alpha in 2020.

As for pledge packages, if you have the money to spend and if you want to get into the game at its earliest, Proprieter is good for you. However, my personal recommendation is to spend whatever you feel comfortable with losing, just in case ;). If your just looking to get general beta access, any of the lower packages will do just fine :D.

We are currently doing a Settlers Of Elyria event (that's just crashed two times, sbs is fixing some issues haha) that, unless you plan on purchasing a town, shouldn't be of any importance to you when it comes to deliverables.

Hope you enjoy the community, if you have any other questions feel free to contact my discord (By the way, did I mention that EVERYONE in this game practically uses discord for communication, its a free chat app you should get). My discord is Zeek#9476

oh wow haha like such a coincidence it is you that is first to reply to my post xD I like just replied to one of your post i saw on the recent post section of forums haha.

And ok thank you for the info! Thank your discord too I will add you and ask questions if I have more :D

12/23/2019 5:54:27 AM #3

Posted By Ranea at 9:52 PM - Sun Dec 22 2019

Posted By Zeek_Halykr at 12:44 AM - Mon Dec 23 2019

oh wow haha like such a coincidence it is you that is first to reply to my post xD I like just replied to one of your post i saw on the recent post section of forums haha.

And ok thank you for the info! Thank your discord too I will add you and ask questions if I have more :D

Thanks and of course :D

• Proprietor • Programmer • Gamer • PsalmFirewall • NA-W • Friend Code: 62E37D •