• Biome: Alpine Tundra
  • Tribe: Hrothi only
  • Focus: Role-play / PvX
  • Industry: Mining; Metal Works; Masoning; Courier service
  • Size: ~ 799 - 1082 parcels
  • Population: ~105 - 141
  • Ruling Family: Greyforge
  • Language: English
  • Motto: akrâgu ib-barâf (Honor the Ancestors)
  • Current Leader: Count A. Greyforge, Baron of The Greyforge
  • Discord: Discord

FOREWORD

Here we go another wannabe dwarven county.

Khazad-Thaldur shall be a county for role-playing interested Hrothi - in-game we will take a very isolated, stubborn mindset and will only accept Hrothi in our lands as permanent residents, for this very purpose I have chosen a small backwater county with no big impact and only 7 per cent of “outsiders”.

My very goal is to establish a Hrothi community with cross-references to The Lord of the Rings since I started gaming, I have been fascinated with dwarves regardless of being called dwarves. I have sucked in all the various novels about dwarves and most of the game where you can play dwarves are in my possession.

Due to my short height in real life, I am going even that lengths and playing a dwarf in Live Action Roleplay.

Also, I am active in online role-play for example in World of Warcraft, playing Pen & Paper now and then, also I am writing stories.

Like Firesmith, I am a great fan of in-game activities such as crafting and gathering resources.

I am starting this from the scratch so I have unlike others, no community to back me up, which will be the chance for like-minded persons to make their mark.

IN CHARACTER

“For centuries my ancestors have carved mines in these mountains - our mountains - long before any of them, have set their dirty feet on our land. I pity them, fighting wars over wars without meanings to fill their own greed.

They are ill-minded and weak in character, our sacred duty to protect them? Ha! We can’t help the wicked - they mindlessly destroy their society for a handful of gold. Instead of honest and hard work, they rely on a fast coin - there is no fast coin with honest work.

No foreigner shall dwell in our mines, shall wander our cities or benefit from our fortune. I had rather let them starve outside our gates then let these cretins wander the land of my ancestors.

There is no peace as long as they wander the lands - I swear my allegiance only to one lord, who reigns deep in the halls of Omaur Khazat.

No proud Hrothi should lower himself to serve such cretins. We will not compete in this wars over the so-called Demalion - however, if our lord in Omaur Khazat calls us, we will gladly march into great battles for the greater good of our race.

Count Borim Greyforge Family chronicles of Greyforge*

The Hrothi of Khazad-Thaldûr have been known for centuries now as isolated, but brave couriers, miner and smiths a few notable masons came also from this lands - their exact first written appearance in the royal chronics is unknown - they reside upon the so-called Greyforge a large forge - they clinch to old values: Wisdom is everything, honour is forever

Rumours say they are existing since the age of creation itself, a proud and stubborn bloodline of old Hrothi who developed the idea of supremacy. While they still honour most of the Hrothi traditions, they have clearly some radical ideas which conservative Hrothi would certainly not agree with

INDUSTRY & ECONOMY

So let us talk a bit about industry, as every County we can’t just make a living outta nothing, due our location we will be in all industries which need ores or stone but in general, we have four main pillars - since there is not much known about industry, in general, we will make it brief.

Minning Carving out those mountains of ours we either sell that ores and materials or just process them into something more valuable.

Smithing The second pillar is, of course, any metal works, be it utilities such as horseshoes, weapons or even armour.

Masoning Third, we like to engage in masoning which will be our third pillar.

Royal Sarnur Postal Service By her wisdom and grace Lady Firesmith gave her approval for the establishment of the very first postal / courier service which will be operating in Sarnur only.

It will transport packages and letters across the whole duchy - the service is faster than a merchant but can’t carry resources or any bulky stuff - so if you need to deliver a letter or important documents you should choose a courier.

For service the Count himself grants special privileges such as a plot of land, equipment and payment.

SOCIAL LIFE & NOTABLES

Hierarchy Regardless of which social class you belong to, you will be judged by your knowledge, wisdom and deeds - if you do great, you will get rewarded. You get what you deserve.

1. Count Greyforge Leads the county and has the final say.

2. Household Members & officials (Captain of the Guard / HeadCleric / Seneschal): Family members don't have any specific authority but the appointed officials do have authority in their specific fields

3. Gentry (landowners, knights…) well-born citizens who own land or have earned special positions either through heritage or through their deeds

4. Peasantry (citizen) Normal citizens, no special rights and most of the inhabitants are peasants.

5. Outlaws (criminals with no rights) Outlaws have no rights and therefore nobody cares what happens to them - can be slaughtered on sight.

The County Ting The County Ting is a gathering of all citizen to discuss pressing matters - you can present matters to the Count & the Public or let the Count handle disputes.

Everyone present at the ting has a voice and it will be heard.

Court There is no court, if you have a dispute the Count will handle it. If you are a lawless wandering our lands - you can only expect the mercy of death if caught.

Settlements

The Greyforge Is the main city and the largest of the two settlements in the harsh mountains of Khazad Thaldûr its a fort and military installation carved into the mountains located at the border between Sarnur and Aerilon it is said that it once was a bulwark against invaders but once Emperor Vaizer united the domains it is from no strategic value anymore. It is also the name sake of the now ruling dynasty in the County.

If you cross the County on the trade road you have to pass by The Greyforge - merchants and wanders are easily spotted.

It was not uncommon for the family to hold the title of Baron in the past linked with military position, but well that is in the past and now it is just an acknowledgement of previous deeds.

Loch Thal Is a small hamlet in the valley and produces mainly food - it is also administered by the Count who is also the Mayor of this settlement.

Military Let’s face this one straight - you will learn how to use a weapon and you will use it when the time comes - in such a small County no player character can run from his responsibility - it is mandatory to defend your land.

There will be no large hierarchy - The Captain of the Guards will command all military forces and if he deems necessary, he will appoint officers.

Count A. Greyforge; All hail Lady Firesmith best Hrothi EU West