COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Coronavirus and a suggestion for CoE Community

Hail Elyrians,

First let me say this is just a suggestion and nothing more. If you feel this is not a useful suggestion just ignore it. If this is already done and is ongoing on Discord, then ignore this message...

Considering that Coronavirus has impacted humanity at a global level. And considering the growing and ongoing Lockdowns around the world. Aside from those of us who have to go to work in these conditions. I suggest those of you who are on Discord and might have some time on your hands, you might consider creating a CoE Coronacirus Support chat channel on Discord in an effort to support one another mentally and emotionally. And leave a message on forum here so people who don't check discord to find out this is going on for CoE community on Discord, if they choose to join in...

Just remember some people are taking this whole situation very hard. Some have been impacted economically through loss of jobs, etc. Some might be experiencing difficulties coping with ongoing lockdown not knowing what to do with themselves except worrying themselves to death. And some are ill and bed bound, some are worried about their loved ones who are stuck miles away on another continent away from their family..., etc.. So people are going through all sorts of mental and emotional stress...

I think if there is no such Support channel for CoE community on Discord already, perhaps some of you who are now stuck at home and are looking to do something positive might want to create such Community Support channel for all CoEers. Share music, share jokes and laughter, share all sorts of tips, or just listen to one another and concerns, etc., just do whatever to keep people’s mind off the ongoing problems for a bit and momentarily, and support one another in these trying times.

Remember the Mental and emotional effects either short term or long term of this whole situation could be as bad as its immediate physical impacts. So my idea is, if you can do something positive on Discord to support one another? This is the time for it. Be there for one another.

Unfortunately, my hours do not match most of you and I've got to go to work every day.. at least for now LOL or I would have initiated this move myself.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope we all succeed in being there for one another and for the sake of humanity at large, in these times of uncertainty...

Though I am optimist and am certain this will pass too; question is as a people and as humans how we get through this? Are we going to be proud of ourselves at the end of all this or are we going to feel as if we failed ourselves and others in these extraordinary times. Cheers. Wishing you and your loved ones much health and endurance.

"I'd rather die standing than live on my knees."