The Monarch- Leader of your kingdom.

Duke/Duchess- Leader of your Dutchy

Count- Leader of your county

Mayor Leader of your settlement

"Pope" Leader of your in game religion

Guild Master Leader of your Guild

Your in game race/species

Which one and why?

The Keshi family, is intend on bringing democracy and economic stability to Elyria.

3/24/2020 2:00:06 PM #1

Guilds will always reign supreme for loyalty in mmos for everyone except the most die-hard roleplayers.

Having a real relationship and friendship with someone >>> RP

3/24/2020 3:23:43 PM #2

Posted By Vucar at 2:00 PM - Tue Mar 24 2020

Guilds will always reign supreme for loyalty in mmos for everyone except the most die-hard roleplayers.

Having a real relationship and friendship with someone >>> RP

The traditional concept of Guilds is a little more nebulous in CoE though. Being part of a kingdom/duchy and participating in the corresponding discord server and making bonds is no different to being in a discord for a WoW guild for example. But the difference here is that you have guilds within guilds; such as a trade guild within a county, or a duchy 'guild' within a kingdom etc.

I could be a member of a smithing guild discord, independent of but within a duchy of which I am also in a discord server, which is itself in a kingdom server. I may have long term friends and acquaintances and enjoy the microcultures of each. But should they fracture for any reason which will my loyalty lie?

That is OP's question.

3/24/2020 3:25:34 PM #3

I got my county to help my guild. For me, it would be:

Guild - County - People I meet over time

I doubt I going to even need to interact with anyone else enough to care about who they are or what they do. The people I do interact with daily or weekly, I'm sure they'll earn my loyalty in some way. Like if a find a merchant that has good deals or a fighter I can count on.

3/24/2020 4:01:26 PM #4

Well to put it bluntly, you should be aiming for "all of them". Any and all divisions will simply weaken your kingdom/ duchy / county / group etc.

By all means if you want to have a crack at gaining from the chaos, have a go, but be warned there will likely be bigger fish that will make the most of any opportunities you present, so scheming may well backfire.

3/24/2020 7:43:06 PM #5

me>guild>count>duke>king

idk yet if guild is the "kingdom" itself, time will tell.

prob wouldnt go to war anyway when count say go to war with duke so cant really can say i would "follow the count" intro a war with the duke, since they are usually part of kingdom anyway and then part of "guild" as well. So still hard to answer that question

3/24/2020 7:53:29 PM #6

This topic was already made at least several months ago. It's somewhere in the ever growing archives of the forums. LOL.

Count of Free Plains, the County whose focus is to create a central home for mercenaries

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34856/New-County-offers-as-its-main-Industry-a-Hub-for-Hires-Hub-for-PvE-PvP-Organizations-solos-groups

3/24/2020 7:54:49 PM #7

like 80% of the posts.

3/24/2020 8:06:59 PM #8

Posted By Sir_Pen at 12:53 PM - Tue Mar 24 2020

This topic was already made at least several months ago. It's somewhere in the ever growing archives of the forums. LOL.

Everything has been discussed to death at this point. I've come to terms that these topics will perpetually recycle themselves with enough time and occasionally add to them anyway.

3/24/2020 11:42:39 PM #9

county(because its mine), duchy, then kingdom in that order

3/25/2020 1:13:08 AM #10

I'll primarily be loyal to myself and my friends. Beyond that, titles and loyalties will likely change. Loyalty's earned. Titles mean nothing.

On my secondary character I'll be loyal to my guild (of which she'll be the leader of), and the tenants on which it was founded.