COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Just PC?

Will this just be on PC or will it go to console?

9/22/2015 2:56:05 PM #1

From the FAQ:

Q. What platforms will it be released on? As we're currently built on the Unreal Engine, it will run on Windows PC. We are looking at compatible consoles as well, and the game is being built with a game pad in mind.

9/22/2015 3:08:04 PM #2

Oh sweet game pad would be cool

5/5/2016 9:00:39 AM #3

If this was on console, I would like this game to exceed Bethesda's Skyrim for the console. I can only imagine they are currently making another one as we speak but from what I've read about Chronicles of Elyria, I can very well say this will be just as good as Skyrim if not immaculantly better.

5/5/2016 12:32:11 PM #4

I've been trying to find rough minimum tech specs - i've only got a Surface Pro 3 and 2013 Macbook pro - I'd hope I'd be able to even run it..

3/13/2017 4:47:31 AM #5

Kapan DIrilis?

3/13/2017 4:52:50 AM #6

Posted By iMythD at 07:32 AM - Thu May 05 2016

I've been trying to find rough minimum tech specs - i've only got a Surface Pro 3 and 2013 Macbook pro - I'd hope I'd be able to even run it..

They say it will be comparable to ark: survival evolved in terms of system requirements.

as to the original question. The client side will be unreal engine 4.

which can be run on both the ps4 and xbox one.

so yes it is technically possible for it to be on the console. whether it will or wont. see the quote above from Reality it is the best answer that can be provided.

3/13/2017 6:46:22 AM #7

Please note: The minimum specs posted for ARK are not considered realistic by the user community, and don't perform at all well.

Recommended baseline (ie for Ark)

Take this with a pinch of salt, but should give you a better idea for what's playable / performs reasonably well. More realistic specs would be something in the lines of:

• Processor: 3.5Ghz+ Dual core or 3Ghz+ Quad core

• Memory: 8 Gig+ RAM

• Graphics: 2GB+ ram. Geforce - GTX 750Ti or higher / Radeon - R7 265 or higher.

• Disk space: Likely 60GB+ free

Note: The GTX 750 isn't a very powerful card. In terms of the Geforce series, each series starts with a prefix ie 7XX, 9XX, 10XX. The higher the prefix, the later the series. Within each series, the cards vary in gaming power. As a result, you may find a GTX 780 outperforms a 1050 significantly, so do shop around and compare performance if you're on a budget.

The link below is a good site to compare graphics card performance. Obviously, first and foremost, don't put too much emphasis on "market share" and "popularity" or such fluffy figures. Go by raw performance stats. Many powerful cards from older series can be found at bargain prices second hand. A GTX 780 for example, you can pick up for approx £120 on ebay quite frequently ;)

Video comparison example link

If your specs are above those posted above, you shouldn't have any trouble at all with decent settings. If you're close to the mark or struggle, drop anti aliasing first if it's a configurable option - it happens to be one of the most cost intensive, and only reduces angled edges on polygons etc.

3/13/2017 7:48:17 AM #8

I heard they're trying to get it ported on GameBoy

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

3/14/2017 8:26:40 PM #9

I hope it does release on console. If it does, it has me wonder if the PC and console servers will be seperate.

3/14/2017 9:57:11 PM #10

For now it is PC only, but at PAX many were reassured that SBS has intended to eventually release on multiple platforms.

Evidence? The stretch goals included multi-platform release. The Unreal engine has back end plugins for just such a thing, and SBS has stated that while they won't be making the features we didn't reach FOR launch, they will implement them at some time after Launch.

Personal opinion time:

I would love to believe that since they are net positive in funding... (Caspian said so at PAX), that perhaps features will 'creep' that are easy to implement? Please Caspoon? STIRRER OF WORLDS, WE BESEACH THEE!

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF