COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE ORGANIZATIONS
[EU/Tarsis] 🏰 The Atheneum

Spanish version -:- Discord Channel

The Countess moved briskly through the rooms, filled with empty shelves. Her footsteps echoed in the stone rooms.

"The building is ready, now we just have to fill it," she said to herself and his fiancee who was waiting at his side. She continued, in a tone of absolute conviction: "One day soon, this will be the largest library ever seen in the entire world, a monument to knowledge, accessible to anyone who wants to learn "

The young lady smiled, she knew that if something could passionate the Countess, were books and maps.

What is the Atheneum?

The Atheneum is an institution based in the city of Meridia, county of Tarsis, settled in the Kingdom of Nirath, whose objectives are the collection, study, copy and conservation of books and maps of all eras, themes and realms. Also we want to collect relics and artifacts from the past.

The Atheneum is also a school that will train scribes, astronomers and cartographers, offering, likewise, workspace for those who want to develop architecture.

Structure:

The Atheneum has three wings:

• School of Scribes, astronomers, Cartographers and architects: where veterans will teach the students.
  • Library: Where books and maps are copied and studied. Part of the copies can be purchased. The library is open to anyone (after paying a little contribution).
  • Bookhunters: As the name suggests, the bookhunters is a group of explorers and travelers, with high movement freedom. Although, they gather not only books, but maps, songs, and any other curiosities and artistic or scientific expressions they find in their journies.

Ranks:

• Director: Rank currently in charge of the Count of Tarsis. Manages the institution.
  • Librarians: People in charge of maintenance, copy and conservation of library materials (books, atlases, maps, etc).
  • Teachers: Members specialized in different areas of knowledge (scribe works, astronomy, cartography and architecture), who are responsible for teaching students.
  • Apprentices: Those members in training, help with their homework librarians.
  • Bookhunters: travelers and explorers who collect information, stories, chronicles, legends, songs, etc (including any artistic expression or knowledge) to include such knowledge in new volumes to the library.

Affiliation:

The Atheneum is affiliated to "La Madraza"

6/12/2016 9:47:53 AM #1

Here one who wants to play as architecter.

6/14/2016 7:49:13 PM #2

Ah, finally someone who will train scribes in EU and where I can by maps, we will need both of them a lot :D

6/14/2016 7:52:19 PM #3

Your explorers can draw maps for us, they'll be payed or exchanged ^^

6/17/2016 10:14:11 AM #4

We are searching Scribes, cartographers, architects and explorers. Do you want to learn more and more? Join us! Do you want to draw the best maps in Elyria? Join and help us to have the best maps! Do you want to see your dream buildings done? Come, design and build them!

Or you just want to travel around the world? Our bookhunters are looking for more comrades! We will pay you to travel around the whole and the only thing you need to do in return is gathering books and knowledge, drawing maps if you know how, explore ancient ruins to uncover the past and share with us all the knowledge.

Don't hesitate! Join us!

Pd: If you are looking for healers or want to become one, we are partners with La Madraza, guild anb school of healers

7/7/2016 7:46:15 AM #5

We continue looking for scribes, cartographers and explorers! Join us!

8/1/2016 9:31:13 PM #6

I would love to become a bookhunter, though I have heard that the Atheneum is mostly a spanish community, so I`m not so sure if I should join...

8/2/2016 6:30:01 AM #7

While it's true that the atheneum is based on the spanish community city, the guild is international.

Bookhunters are travellers and adventurers, they will need good english skills due to that. An overwhelming majority of settlements in coe are english-speaking.

I don't thing you will have any issue because language, if you wan't to talk with us you can find us in discord o IRC, our names there are Gammea and Daedhel ^^

8/2/2016 2:02:40 PM #8

Thanks for the answer Daedhel. This concept of bookhunters and of the atheneum is actually exactly what I want to be in elyria,so I am happy that something like that exists. Now I just need to figure out, how dicord works and how I should call myself xD (I definetly won`t call myself greenwizard)

8/2/2016 2:03:25 PM #9

*discord

8/2/2016 9:37:53 PM #10

Just a quick question: How can I join your discord server?

8/3/2016 6:58:21 AM #11

My fault, here is the Discord

8/3/2016 12:39:46 PM #12

The link doesn't work

8/3/2016 1:06:32 PM #13

Hello!, try to use this one. Maybe the last one expired.

8/3/2016 1:48:07 PM #14

That one doesn't work either

8/3/2016 2:02:33 PM #15

Ok, I check this one: https://discord.gg/ksEB9 and it works.