COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Deities of Elyria

Would like to know if there is any information on the Deities of Elyria. Will it be a complex list such as the Forgotten Realms ect?

11/6/2015 7:42:36 PM #1

All we know for now is that there are in fact multiple gods. The Astral Plane acts as a barrier of sorts between the Mundane World and the Realm of the Gods. Who they are is still very much up to debate, as we have only heard about a FEW lore characters so far in passing. Beyond that, I believe most religion in game will be player created and role-played.

Alt text - can be left blank

11/6/2015 8:27:02 PM #2

We actually dont KNOW that there are gods. Their are religions in Elyria. These religions each have their own gods, and I do believe there is at least one monotheistic religion. And there is a growing number of 'atheists' in Elyria. So we really only know the current lore of a single religion.

There arent player created religions, according to the devs.

The current lore I know:

Angelica - First god(dess) Angelica turned her shadow into a living being named Luna - Second god(dess). Angelica made Ao, god of life(third god). Luna made Sanguine, god of death(fourth god). Luna had a child with Ao(Angelicas 'husband') and created Mann. Angelica and Ao had 2 children and Luna and Sanguine had 2 children. Those four are Terra, Oceana, Daemon and I can never remember the god of air. Mann was banished from Haven and given souls to track their deeds through many lives.

This is the very VERY basics of the lore I have seen.

11/6/2015 8:40:31 PM #3

Could you post a source possibly?

Alt text - can be left blank

11/6/2015 8:45:08 PM #4

It came from Caspian in IRC. Im not sure if it has made its way to an official post by the devs. I will look for it. All the info I posted is directly from Caspian though. There are 4 main religions, and then the atheists. Each religion has different gods, different creation lore, and most likely different customs of worship. The people of Elyria do not know whether gods exist or not, but many believe they do. Some do not.

11/7/2015 1:35:28 PM #5

As Deffcon stated, there are many religions on Elyria. So that means, as in IRL and unlike many other fantasy worlds that usually the gods are a certainty, in Elyria they are not.

So far, we have only known about one religion. It might turn out that all of them are just fairy tales.