15 March

Thank you for another fundraising milestone!

By Kaizen

In June of 2016, Soulbound Studios crossed an amazing milestone - not only a successful Kickstarter, one of the most funded video game projects of all time. Today, we've made it to another milestone: over $4 million donated in crowdfunding pledges!

Without the support of our awesome community, we literally wouldn't be here. The community is helping us achieve our vision of Chronicles of Elyria by keeping us independent through crowdfunding. It's an indescribable experience, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your support.

To celebrate, we're going to broadcast a livestream next Wednesday, March 21, at 12 PM PDT / 3 PM EDT / 7 PM UTC where we show off character creation! We want the community to help us test out and play with our latest iteration of our character creation system, so we'll be fielding suggestions from the chat. Let your imagination run wild with us in chat next week!

We love our community, and luckily for us, our community loves us back! Some community members have even sent us gifts - they know who they are...but I wager not many of you know who they are. So on top of playing with the character creator, we're going to be dedicating a segment to the community members who've sent us all the things! (also this is me crossing my fingers hoping we don't miss anyone. :sweat_smile:)

So follow our Twitch channel and tune in next Wednesday to see what the team has been working on!

Until next time. . .

Sarmat - 1 week ago

we still have more or less the same amount of financing:

5 711 per day or a bit more than 2 ml in 2018

good but not enough

Oracle - 2 months ago

Almost 4,205k now, up 25k in a week, and no seasonal promo :)

Oracle - 2 months ago

6 weeks after the article over 4,180k, averaging around 30k a week? Investors begin kicking yourselves...

Halvgrim - 4 months ago

Here is an idea for a simpler GUI for character creation. Would this be useful?

• 1: The client chooses random face as a starting point.
  • 2: The client proposes 9 faces that are all similar to chosen face.
  • 3: Let the user select one of the 9 proposed faces.
  • 4: Go to 2.

If the user has chosen a face with a longer nose, then the client could perhaps try to guess what the user wants to do and try to propose at least one face with an even longer face next time.

Zunjin - 4 months ago

I was really impressed with the character creation and the style of the tribes.

I already liked the Dras from their tribe description, but I thought that they looked way to ghoulish, but the stream showed that Dras can really look good.

But the tribe I loved most was the Waerd, which I never expected. And I can't wait for more tribe-themed hairstyles!

Deinjl - 4 months ago

The character models and the character creation process itself felt already pretty awesome for a pre-alpha WIP release. It was also very nice to see some models from the tribes not playable, but existing at launch! Thanks for the stream. :-)

...on a side note: Maybe you guys at SBS should celebrate the 4 Mio. $ funding also by adapting the landing page of the website to state "$4,000,000+ Crowdfunding" instead of the "$3,900,000+ Crowdfunding" at the moment. ;)

Oracle - 4 months ago

Actually managed to catch the livestream this time :) EU here. Curious how many US folk watched the stream in their lunch breaks too :)

Orashna - 4 months ago
@Oracle:

Posted By Oracle at 02:48 AM - Thu Mar 22 2018

I had a half day at work yesterday and was able to catch "most" of the stream between taking care of the toddler and infant. Was awesome to watch and see the range of the tribes!

HolyAvengerOne - 4 months ago

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Serpentius - 4 months ago

We decided on this time and it isn't going to change at this point.

Your feedback is noted.

Also, we have said all we are going to about the timing of the live stream for now.

Warmest regards <3

Terrantal - 4 months ago
@Serpentius:

Posted By Serpentius at 3/21/2018 4:45:57 PM

We decided on this time and it isn't going to change at this point.

Your feedback is noted.

Warmest regards <3

Just for the record, I love this timeslot. Yes I live in Europe, but I have had to miss almost every Q&A so far, so really excited I can finally watch one!

TheCoz - 4 months ago

HURRAY FOR RECORDINGS!

:P

Czermoon - 4 months ago

The Kypiq are freaky!

If I'm traveling through their forest, I'll be terrified of encountering the little weirdos. Going to make certain that none of my trade routes dip into their territory, less I face their squirrely wrath!

HolyAvengerOne - 4 months ago

Thanks for the screen capture, Serpentius.

Can you guys please address the timeframe concern for the stream?

Serpentius - 4 months ago
@HolyAvengerOne:

Posted By HolyAvengerOne at 07:20 AM - Wed Mar 21 2018

Thanks for the screen capture, Serpentius.

Can you guys please address the timeframe concern for the stream?

Most welcome.

We can't accommodate everyone and every timezone, and we looked at lots of times that we'd be able to do it, and this was the time we selected for many reasons.

Hopefully, we'll have a great live stream with many participants, and others can still enjoy the recordings later.

We do appreciate the feedback!

HolyAvengerOne - 4 months ago
@Serpentius:

Posted By Serpentius at 12:28 PM - Wed Mar 21 2018

Posted By HolyAvengerOne at 07:20 AM - Wed Mar 21 2018

Thanks for the screen capture, Serpentius.

Can you guys please address the timeframe concern for the stream?

Most welcome.

We do appreciate the feedback!

What kind of reasons? From my POV, this looks literally like the worse timeframe. Working hours for NA-E and NA-W, sleepy time for APAC. There's litterally just part of EU that would be in primetime.

RedDoggybone - 4 months ago

Can't wait for Q&A and well done on 4 million.

Gunnlang - 4 months ago

Makes joke about Hrothi female not having a beard

Awesome work SBS, can't wait to see the stream.

EsCue - 4 months ago

I think these Humanns look a lot like Humans, but I like them :)

Mhaura - 4 months ago

I thought it was strange a character creation video was being released but not all the tribe models were revealed yet. My gut feeling was right :') Tomorrow got so much better!

Verde - 4 months ago

that kypiq at the top looks like its a blend with neran blood hmmm handsome 😉

Oracle - 4 months ago

Very cool serp. I hope I can make it. I'm just up late tonight at work on an overnighter though it's all quiet now - hopefully get a nap soon.

Ah - looking at times I might well do :D

Serpentius - 4 months ago

Caspian was nice enough to tease us a few screens of what our live stream will be featuring tomorrow, the Character Creator!

Here's a few shots he shared:

Kypiq male

To'resk female

The Waerd male

Hrothi female (last minute add)

To see these and more creations the Soulbound team shows off using this sweet new tool, make sure you watch the live stream tomorrow!

See you all there!

Exose - 4 months ago

Sweat != sweet, but I kid because I love. :D

Mhaura - 4 months ago

What a perfect birthday present :) Thanks SBS

Androlus - 3 months ago
@Mhaura:

Happy Birthday nachträglich.

Polite - 4 months ago

Seems to me they're scheduling it at a time that works for them in the middle of their work day. They are folks that like to kick back and relax when they're not in the office I wager as well :P

HolyAvengerOne - 4 months ago
@Polite:

Posted By Polite at 3:48 PM - Sun Mar 18 2018

I don't know, as far as I'm concerned, I find it a weird timeframe. Middle of the week, middle of afternoon for America, yet it will be like 9pm-10pm for most of Europe, so not exactly primetime there either.

For an event they touted as a "thank you" and "celebration" for this accomplishment, where they want to build a character with the community... If there's ONE event I would expect to be scheduled in a way that would work for most of the community, it's this one.

It's disappointing.

HolyAvengerOne - 4 months ago

Congrats and gg everyone on the $4m mark. That's significant.

Great idea about the stream, very appreciated, but why do that in the middle of the day in the middle of the week for such a large proportion of your fan base? Why not do that on a weekend day for instance?

It seems to me that you either think that's a time where most of your players can be available (it isn't, imo), or that you are trying not to get too many to participate...

At any rate, if you want to do something for the community maybe do it in a way so that thr community can participate.

AmrielAngel - 4 months ago

What an amazing milestone! Congrats to every one at SBS, and I am stoked to watch the stream!

Rojinn - 4 months ago

Looking forward to seeing character creation.

Orisoll - 4 months ago

Sounds good, I'll have to set aside some time to catch that stream.

Sarmat - 4 months ago

It took 73 days to collect another 500 k. So with the same rate of fundrising COE will have aditional 2 ml this year - and it will be 6 ml by the end of the year.

2,5 ml per year is not bad actually, especially taking into consideration that speed of fundcollecting could increase later if they show some real progress and content.

Till 2020 this game will have at least 8,5-9 ml of funds from pledges and it's smth already - it could be about half of the sum they need to create the game.

Sagan - 4 months ago

Extremely happy forever SBS. Please don't forget what people have done for you.

Esoba - 4 months ago

Congrats SBS. Here's to many, many more milestones to come.

_ac - 4 months ago

Congratulations SBS 👍 I think it pays off that you always show you have a clear and approachable plan, allowing people to be confident they will get a great game.

However, at this point there is still an – understable – lack of footage. Are you planning on doing some high-gloss teasers anytime soon to attract new backers and funding? The scenes we have seen of the akashic records: eye candy. More please :-)

By the way, I noticed the resemblance of the word akashic with the Akha people who happen to represent all of humanity, at least on wikipedia that is. I guess this is coincidence though.

mushilea - 4 months ago

Congratulations team. Love the passion and looking forward to the results of your hard work. =)

TheZar - 4 months ago

Congratulations you guys

Aemon_Blackfyre - 4 months ago

Congratulations you guys! Expect plenty of more funding from this guy, going for Rank 11 ;)

Lady Grace - 4 months ago

There is always room in the world for more stories and dreams.

Bravo on $4M - your team's passion for the dream being woven into digital reality as we watch is obvious, and worthy of all the support given. SBS has given this game soul, it's a delight to see it being made.

Donkishman - 4 months ago

Congrats to SBS and CoE! You're making the impossible possible here in front of our very eyes.

GPU - 4 months ago

I'm excited to see what you have to show us!

Hieronymus - 4 months ago

Great news! And also very encouraging to see the progress!

The topic of character creation has come up a lot recently so I'm really looking forward to seeing how you as a studio envisioned the process and what options we'll have available to us.

Quintero - 4 months ago

Hurray, and well done!

Here's to $4M more!

Matriarch - 4 months ago

Great! So hyped for VoxElyria!

Johan Housel - 4 months ago

<3 More than happy to do my part! I think I'm averaging $100-200 a month since kickstarter at this point :P

NiHZ - 4 months ago

This is awesome! 4 Million Hype!

SgtShadoWolf - 4 months ago

SWEETTTTTTTT!!! I hope we see some special goodies come out tomorrow and during stream

Vladius_Glacius - 4 months ago

How do we send you guys Gifts If we have made something to send?