19 August

The Domain & Settlement Selection site is live!

By Vye

Hail and well met, Elyrians!

It's my pleasure to announce the launch of the Domain & Settlement Selection website! While away the hours browsing all the various properties across 12 different biomes inside of player-run kingdoms. Peruse dozens of duchies, hundreds of counties, and thousands of settlements! Get inspired by regional names, industries, professions, and resources. Plot out likely trade routes, shipping lanes, and points of strategic importance. Scope out which player community you'd like to join because, don't forget, claiming property in another player's domain will create an undeniable link between you and them!

View the maps <-- Click this

What's next

The maps are only available to view right now, but we will soon resume picking. If you have titles, you'll receive a message with your admission time when we are ready to resume the event. Then, following the final week of Domain & Settlement Selection, we will be doing some planned maintenance on the maps and then preparing to sell off the remaining property in a Dutch-style auction. The prices will drop every day during that time, with savings up to 45% possible! There's even the possibility that a new king or queen will appear on the Selene server.

We haven't forgot about our Kickstarterversary celebrations either! Look for an announcement on that in the coming weeks.

Admission Time Adjustments and Proxies

In an effort to improve admission times, we've made the following changes:

• Admission times now take your selected server into account, and all times will be between 6am and 11:59pm for the major time zone in the region of your selected server. For Angelica (NA-W) this is PDT, on Luna (NA-E) this is EDT, on Selene (EU) we are using CEST, and Oceanus (OCE) will use AEST.
  • Admission times will be evenly distributed throughout the time window each day, which means that there will be more time between your admission and the next person's admission.
  • Due to these changes, we can no longer update admission times based on influence gained during the event. Instead, influence for the purposes of pick order will be locked, as of 11:59pm PDT on August 19. Since admission times are no longer occurring between midnight and 6am, and because admission times have been spread out better, the need to move one's time up is no longer necessary. Note: a change in highest owned title (ex. Mayor to Duke) will still move you into the appropriate week for the new title.
  • A new proxy system is being introduced for anyone who feels they will be unable to pick when their admission time comes. You will be able to request another account to stand in as proxy for you via your Account page once the event resumes and you receive your admission time.

What to expect

The kings and queens of Elyria have already chosen their kingdoms, so you will see those claims already set on the maps from the start. If you have your eye on a certain kingdom, this will make it easy for you to start researching your own picks. Duchies, counties, and settlements are placed on the map with a temporary name (shown in italics). When the property is claimed, its owner can choose to keep that name or enter a custom one. Monarchs must still choose their duchies, counties, and settlement, so don't be alarmed if you don't see their other planned property names on the map yet.

You can view the maps for any server, but picking is not yet enabled. We will soon announce new pick times and message title holders with their admission time.

The map depicts what is possible to build in our in-game cartography system by a Master Cartographer. There may be information you'd like to add (for example: where resources can be found) or elements you'd want to streamline (for example: only show trade routes and ignore terrain). That will be up to cartographers in-game. While we have no current plans to take down this map, there are still thousands of discoveries to be made in Elyria, just waiting for an intrepid soul to chart it!

Please note: the D&SS App is not optimized for mobile devices.

Any Questions?

To prepare yourself further for picking your property, you can read the Domain & Settlement Selection Details post.

Need to know more? Check our FAQ, and post a new question if you don't find what you're looking for.

Happy hunting!

Poldano - 1 week ago

The Long Night is coming up, and a promotion usually accompanies that (based on a long tradition of 2 years, albeit). I suspect that SoE won't overlap with that promotion. Also, I think that SBS will want a period of 45 days uninterrupted by major holidays to run SoE. So, I expect it to start no earlier than January 2nd.

Teland - 3 months ago

The maps are down on purpose for a little while. SBS is keeping the maps offline for a bit as they validate some updates to the portal. They'll update again when they are back online.

DracoKalen - 3 months ago

Thats because they're still down

HEGEMONZERO - 3 months ago

cant pull up map after update

Focii - 3 months ago
@HEGEMONZERO:

Posted By HEGEMONZERO at 8:50 PM - Tue Aug 27 2019

cant pull up map after update

Maps are still down.

Draguta - 3 months ago

If my roommate picks me as a proxy, does that remove his ability to pick his domains, or will he still have the ability to pick until the choice is locked in by one of us?

Sir Zyr - 3 months ago

Also Angelica, Tyria, Greenbarrow Grave, Blackcutter bight.

And there seems to be a small island visible in such view of the coast of the duchy of Brinea in Tyria as well. Seems to be part of Broadlawn

VioletWinterlynn - 3 months ago

Islands and stuff off the coast aren’t able to be seen on the map last known.

Maulvorn - 3 months ago
@VioletWinterlynn:

Posted By VioletWinterlynn at 8/27/2019 7:02:30 AM

Islands and stuff off the coast aren’t able to be seen on the map last known.

Luna, moongrave, pineridge you can see an island there in zoomed settlement view

Cesnek - 3 months ago

Seriously, no islands?

Jarox - 3 months ago

What's after D&SS?

Nanyetah - 3 months ago

Rojinn, did you actually figure all that out? I am impressed.

I am not sure what any of that landscape looks like, and that matters to me. I have to imagine with weak indications, what that land might look like.

Choose where I will set up, based on this info.

Rojinn - 2 months ago
@Nanyetah:

Posted By Nanyetah at 10:11 PM - Sat Aug 24 2019

Rojinn, did you actually figure all that out? I am impressed.

Choose where I will set up, based on this info.

I did actually. If you use the may key, you can see what type of Biome it is. Also, Since before the Kings actually chose their domain, they had pretty much sorted all that out. Vicariously, the Duchies were also set. So, yes, I knew where I wanted to be based on relationships from the community. Do some searching on Discord and Google some of the kingdoms...you can easily find you COE home.

Nanyetah - 3 months ago

someone should give us some cash right now. the game I mean

Nanyetah - 3 months ago

is about a year out? do we has enough money for that?

Rojinn - 3 months ago

Happy to see this. I know my King. I know my Dutchess. I know where I would like my little town...cant wait to see if I can Mayor up where I want. :)

coach - 3 months ago

or better yet just the VIEW THE READ-ONLY MAPS link straight on home page even bypassing this thread

coach - 3 months ago

anyway to get this thread directly linked to from the home page?

on a mobile it is tedious to make the 3 or 4 clicks to get to this thread

Swabinator - 3 months ago

Very exciting! :)

LUS Montplaisir - 3 months ago

I'm super hyped to see you guys finally start getting into the interactive portions of the development process. I know there's a lot of ground to cover, and a lot that has been covered, so its exciting for myself and others to see you guys beginning to approach places that are getting closer to Beta and Exposition. I know having a hard timeline can actually be a hinderance to game development, but is there a roadmap of sorts you can share with us? Not necessarily a "here's when we're doing things" but more of a "here's what happens now, and then".

Buteoo - 3 months ago

Very nice

Chronic - 3 months ago

Let's hope after many months wait this is actually good to go. ;)

Sersei - 3 months ago

So I'm super excited for D&SS to resume. I think most of us have all been pouring over the maps with our communities.

I know there won't be any dates given. But I'm just going to express my anticipation, and that of others when I say I HOPE IT RESUMES VERY SOON!!

Or if we can at least get a status update on it...that would be great as well :)

Valestrion - 3 months ago

There seem to be very few forts compared with settlements. I have a Baron package from the original Kickstarter, distinct from a Mayor package, which I believe was a lower tier back then. Are there enough forts to go around for all the Barons, particularly given constraints of Kingdom and tribe?

Snipehunter - 3 months ago
@Valestrion:

Posted By Valestrion at 11:32 AM - Thu Aug 22 2019

The baron package doesn't actually restrict you to only picking a defensive settlement. In fact, "Baron" isn't an explicit title that is distinct from mayor at this stage of the game, because the status is only awarded to a mayor after they sign a barony contract with their duke, either during exposition or later when the game actually goes live for all players. (This is why the package description for baron called out that you would be a baron only if pledged to a duke or duchess)

This means you have more options than you might have realized: You will lose nothing you were awarded in your game package if you select something other than a defensive settlement, opening up many more locational choices to you.

You might want to pick a defensive settlement anyway, since it will mean some of the defensive structures you may want to build will already be there, of course, but if you don't like the location of an existing defensive settlement there is nothing to stop you from selecting a different settlement and then building up its defenses during exposition or in-game with the resources and assistance of the Duke or Duchess you become a baron of.

Hope that helps! :)

Valestrion - 3 months ago
@Snipehunter:

Posted By Snipehunter at 7:51 PM - Thu Aug 22 2019

Hope that helps! :)

Thanks for the additional information but, unfortunately, no, it doesn't address my concern.

I purchased my Baron package during Kickstarter when it was a tier above Mayor. The Baron title, explicitly, was part of the package, and I chose to spend the extra money to buy that package because I wanted the military role that was described as going with the Baron title.

Furthermore, I am unable to make any arrangements with a Duke because it's not clear what's happening with Nirath, the final kingdom on Selene. The lack of a whole kingdom reduces the opportunities even further and I am not keen on any of the other kingdoms so I am still waiting to find out what is going to happen with Nirath in the hope that I might finally find a kingdom that has a name that feels appropriate for the game world, respects game lore, is not entirely PvP focused, and has a Neran biome.

I am concerned that I may be forced into a downgraded package because there are not enough Baron opportunities available.

w4dCoin - 3 months ago

This map makes me wanna play NOW ;)) love it , great job !

sparrows - 3 months ago

glad to see some map layout and resource info, great job one step closer.

DanielBlack - 3 months ago

looking forward to picking soon :-)

ulkesh - 3 months ago

This whole thing is extremely confusing to me. I suppose I should just be on the lookout for some email that says for me to pick some location/plot of land? Do I get something like a house? I believe I backed on Kickstarter at a level that equates to Merchant, what does that give me with respect to Domain and Settlement? Why do I see all kinds of stats on the map, and which looks like everything has already been settled?

Drunva - 3 months ago
@ulkesh:

Posted By ulkesh at 09:06 AM - Wed Aug 21 2019

Domain and settlement selection is for Nobility and aristocracy. Basically Monarchs, Dukes, Counts, Mayor's/Barons are picking the domains and settlements that they'll be running at game start. Anyone below the Mayor tier doesn't get a pick.

ulkesh - 3 months ago
@Drunva:

Oh, okay, good then :) I was worried I was missing out on something important. Thanks for the info!

Cole Hunter - 3 months ago

MAP HYPE!!!, & SPREADSHEETS!!! for the love of Elyria!

Lady Grace - 3 months ago

Question - as a Count, if I love a Village spot, can I claim it as my County Seat, and if it needs to be a town first how do I do that?

mathematician - 3 months ago

I'm getting even more excited. So, a question of the developers are reading. I want to start as Hrothi. My partner wants to start as a Brudvir. So, do we start with our tribes, or can we actually start in the same village, town, etc.? I mean, if not, then I will play as a Brudvir with him, but I like the Hrothi. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Gunnlang - 3 months ago
@mathematician:

Posted By mathematician at 1:01 PM - Wed Aug 21 2019

Some towns are do have both of those tribes in the same town. So it is possible to start together. It depends if you are already locked to a kingdom/duchy etc.

Silentkeeper - 3 months ago

Exciting stuff!

Erbenn - 3 months ago

Since positive feedback is the more important kind of feedback, great job guys!

OctaviosDrunmare - 3 months ago

Only "thousands" of discoveries to be made?

Hmmmm

Daarco - 3 months ago

It is on.

Let the drama begin (again).

Elorion - 3 months ago

Ahhhh! That is all, or wait. Ahhh!

Chronomgoran - 3 months ago

maps, Maaps. MAAAps, MAAAAPs, MAAAAAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeBron - 3 months ago

Wow, that went fast :D Excited to finally talk with my mayors etc. about the locations!

Serverus - 3 months ago
@LeBron:

You better bring them tacos also...why BECAUSE ITS TACO TUUUUESDAY!!! 🌮 🌮

JackShareburg - 3 months ago
@LeBron:

Oh Yea! Now with some concrete information ;D

Dakota - 3 months ago

Probably a typo but 6am - 12 pm is only 6 hours. Did you mean 6 am - 12am (midnight)?

Callan - 3 months ago
@Dakota:

listed as 6am-1159pm

Davepoleon - 3 months ago

Wait... So how does a mayor even get to duke such that they get moved into that pick week?

Also influence is locked as of August 19th.. In otherwords.. It's already locked?

Protey - 3 months ago
@Davepoleon:

Posted By Davepoleon at 12:15 AM - Tue Aug 20 2019

Someone gifts them the title.

Yes it is already locked.

Sev - 3 months ago

o.O

Brynath - 3 months ago

Thanks Guys, now go get some rest...

SerMedieval - 3 months ago

The wait has always been worth it! ✊

Gunghoe - 3 months ago

I wish there was a warning that you where locked for influence, I was waiting till closer to when it resumed. Oh well YOUR loss.

Sareseras - 3 months ago

Is this final and can be used to decide what to claim when selection is enabled, or is there still a possibility for change to the unlocked map compared to this viewable one?

Ikkerens - 3 months ago
@Sareseras:

Posted By Sareseras at 09:02 AM - Tue Aug 20 2019

This is the final map.

tochemay - 3 months ago

Woo!

Maulvorn - 3 months ago

MAP HYPE

Jon_Warren - 3 months ago

Woot! Thanks for the hard work guys!

Taymuraz - 3 months ago