COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SOULBORN ENGINE
Ancient Language ?

I had read from here and there about exploring dungeon and world. Since there are old civilization/magic...etc are mentioned. Will there be ancient language which needed players to learn about the history of the land, if so, what do u guys think this system should be?

10/19/2016 11:21:15 PM #1

There will be ancient languages.

From the professions and skills overview;

Bardic: The skills of the academic and the performer. Whether it's performing music to embolden their allies, reading ancient languages, performing forensic analysis to track down a murder, or creating finely detailed maps, the bardic tree is about information and discovery.

It's not a problem, it's a plot hook!

11/4/2016 3:37:04 PM #2

My take on the ancient languages is that they will most likely use the Bardic skills to decipher a language that could lead you to riches, power, or maybe even a safe haven that has not been touched in hundreds of years. The possibilities with just adding in a deciphering skill are endless. Having the ability to read things that not everyone else can also makes your skills marketable. For example, you may want to sell this treasure map for a steep price, or maybe you are working for your king and the safe haven becomes a refuge for a retreat from an enemy attack. It could become your new kingdom or base of operations to regain your land. After all, they did state that you could destroy anything anywhere, which I would also like to assume means to build anything anywhere.

Guild Master