COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Questions about noble titles post launch

Are there any ways to acquire a noble title post launch without the use of nefarious means like forgery? Perhaps creating a new settlement to become a Baron or a series of settlements to become a Count or any other more "nice guy" means? Ok so it seems this was kind of answered in regards to just sprouting up with a new city in the middle of nowhere here https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/13861/the-new-nobility but I'd like to be more specific. Can a duke or Count give me the tile of Baron or Count if I was to construct these settlements for him or some other deeds of merit. How likely would would an AI lord (player lord obviously depending on the person) be willing to accept a deal of forgoing taxes and payment on the land until the settlements begin populating and producing taxes from residents or forgoing payment entirely and only taxing due to me or my team incurring all effort and possibly all cost of construction. Would it even be possible to create such a contract and if my settlement did sprout up out of thin air and was discovered by a kingdom could I then submit peacefully to that kingdom in exchange for a noble title? Which level of government would I have to treaty with for that title Count, Duke, or King (as I imagine a Baron's authority does not extend beyond his town) or would they normal be too upset for anything less than a beheading and if I did submit would that be something for AI residents to be upset with me for (as again I imagine player reaction to vary). And perhaps most important of all can a Baron, Count, or Duke even grant noble titles at all or will I have to go strait to the king. Basically is there any way for me to acquire a noble title without stepping on anybodies toes? A couple more, is Baron a noble title if not whyyyyyyyyy? And can Barons manage they're forts and what not the same way as a mayor like collecting taxes and selling or leasing land?

12/13/2016 11:56:25 AM #1

Yep...

Read THIS!

12/13/2016 8:23:29 PM #2

you also dont need to make a new settlement, hell you dont even need to make a new kingdom, just take them over :P

Alt text - can be left blank

12/15/2016 8:57:20 PM #3

you can always create a new settlement but you need to buy the land as all land on the continent will be in a county I suggest you to to discus with the count in wich county you'd like to build your settlment while buying the land for it to find a space where you wouldn't slow the growth of another settlement and where your settlement could grow without having to compete with another settlement for local ressources

then once your settlement reaches a certain size you'll be able to register it to your count to get an official title of mayor.

a duke can't really create a count title if it's even possible in game mechanics he would just anger the counts from wich he took away land to create yours, wich puts a target on your back for all the counts you took land from and their allies. not beneficial for anyone

other than that you'll have to take over with troops most probably.

also a baron is not a noble he's an aristocrat, why is up for someone else to answer :P

1/1/2017 9:38:52 PM #4

I too have a question about the nobles. I just started a layaway plan for the Mayor. I am not sure where to go from here. It says that I would have to pledge my allegiance to a Duke but also see that the Count is my Boss. I would like to be a Baron so how would I start from here and will I be responsible for recruiting my own people?

1/1/2017 9:44:39 PM #5

Posted By Johnno at 9:38 PM - Sun Jan 01 2017

I too have a question about the nobles. I just started a layaway plan for the Mayor. I am not sure where to go from here. It says that I would have to pledge my allegiance to a Duke but also see that the Count is my Boss. I would like to be a Baron so how would I start from here and will I be responsible for recruiting my own people?

First, if I were you I'd look at the kingdoms on your chosen server and see if there are any that seem to match what you want to do and be in CoE.

I'd then get to know the various counts and dukes in the kingdom and chat with them being open about wanting to be a baron and see who you gel with.

In regards to recruiting your own people that most likely depends on your kingdom but in most cases I'd say yes, but you have plenty of time.

Coming Soon(tm)

1/1/2017 10:17:55 PM #6

Thanks! Where would I find the different Kingdom info on the forums?

1/1/2017 10:18:18 PM #7

And the servers?

1/1/2017 10:28:56 PM #8

Posted By Johnno at 10:18 PM - Sun Jan 01 2017

And the servers?

There are atm four servers EU NA-East NA-West and APAC

Posted By Johnno at 10:17 PM - Sun Jan 01 2017

Thanks! Where would I find the different Kingdom info on the forums?

Almost all of the pledged kingdoms (and some unpledged kingdoms) have posted recruitment threads in the Recruitment forum.

Coming Soon(tm)