COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
alignment vs. prefered playstyle

So, I recently took a quiz online to see what DnD alignment my personality fits (eg. chaotic good, true neutral, lawful evil) i found it rather interesting that my desired role in Elyria is a perfect fit with my personal alignment, true neutral. as a true neutral person i wanted to build my town as a place where every play style is accepted and embraced including deviancy. so i guess lets create a discussion. do you find that your preferred play-style matches your alignment? discuss.

Buzzfeed Quiz Link

1/31/2017 10:55:03 AM #1

link for the test bro xD

1/31/2017 10:58:34 AM #2

I cannot break rules, I am incredibly lawful almost to the point it is a bit ridiculous. I find it very difficult to go against that in games and will very carefully follow the rules and laws in Elyria. The issue is there will be a lot of different rules and laws and you have to pick a priority. Do I follow the laws of the land first or those of my religion? These are not issues I face in real life and I personally am not sure whether I am good or neutral (or occasionally a mild shade of evil), so it is a bit less clear cut exactly how being lawful will play out.

I will certainly follow the rules, but which ones and what impact that has on Elyria we will have to wait and see.

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

1/31/2017 10:58:58 AM #3

lol it was buzzfeed, im not sure how reliable their test is though i think they plagiarized someone elses. umm ill find it.

1/31/2017 11:13:25 AM #4

I like to do the evil character in games, but I find very few games give you the chance to interpret an evil character in a good way without simply going around to pillage or destroy/kill everything. Being evil i'ts a bit different but not many games really allow or rewards such a conduct.

1/31/2017 11:28:25 AM #5

Good and evil are subject to the views of those around you. You really cant say you'll do evil in a place that accepts all preferences as nothing would be considered evil and treated as such. To do good or evil it must be done and viewed that way by others. Your actions are just that, your actions, otherwise.

Upvoting and downvoting indiscriminately

1/31/2017 11:45:34 AM #6

Posted By Sicarius at 04:28 AM - Tue Jan 31 2017

Good and evil are subject to the views of those around you. You really cant say you'll do evil in a place that accepts all preferences as nothing would be considered evil and treated as such. To do good or evil it must be done and viewed that way by others. Your actions are just that, your actions, otherwise.

would stealing someones purse not still be morally evil if nobody was around to see it? can you not have your own views on your own actions? could somebody truly be without morals without having a mental disorder?

1/31/2017 1:42:05 PM #7

Posted By annfrank at 05:45 AM - Tue Jan 31 2017

Posted By Sicarius at 04:28 AM - Tue Jan 31 2017

would stealing someones purse not still be morally evil if nobody was around to see it? can you not have your own views on your own actions? could somebody truly be without morals without having a mental disorder?

Are you stealing the purse for your own wealth or are there other reasons? Robin Hood for example.

Friend code: 172B2A

1/31/2017 1:51:25 PM #8

I felt like I picked a few "evil" things and still got lawful neutral. Denied.

1/31/2017 2:17:35 PM #9

and there i was thinking i was answering the quiz as a goody twoshoes!

1/31/2017 2:50:01 PM #10

In my last Dungeons and Dragons campaign I suggested a list of alignments that more accurately reflect the way people really play the game. A few examples follow:

Petty Evil,

Nominally Good,

Chaotic Stupid,

Neutral Indecisive,

You get the idea ;)

The Adventurer's Guild of Vornair

1/31/2017 2:51:38 PM #11

I'm Lawful Indifferent, but lean toward Neutral Greedy.

The Adventurer's Guild of Vornair

1/31/2017 2:55:37 PM #12

Oh oh oh those are great junkbarbarian. Please put me down as Lawful Clumsy. Trying to follow an alignment but continuously causing a mix of good, evil and neutral events by doing things accidently!

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

2/3/2017 2:07:59 PM #13

i got chaotic good, which i kind of see i believe that the lines of good and evil are blurred and like to play around that