COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
To all the NA/E Kings

Is there a King who has a heavy interest in pvp? Prefer no rp.

2/23/2017 11:49:20 PM #1

A double whammy, all of them hate PVP and love RP

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

2/24/2017 12:06:18 AM #2

Posted By OrangeBoy at 6:49 PM - Thu Feb 23 2017

A double whammy, all of them hate PVP and love RP

To be fair, King is a whole lot more fun if you get to BE a King (IE RP it).

I don't know if they necessarily hate PVP though.

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏

2/24/2017 12:17:41 AM #3

I hope they don't hate PvP.

Game with such possibilities and yet without large organized PvP (wars) would be very dull.

2/24/2017 12:36:58 AM #4

Posted By Gothix at 6:17 PM - Thu Feb 23 2017

I hope they don't hate PvP.

Game with such possibilities and yet without large organized PvP (wars) would be very dull.

Ditto.

2/24/2017 1:42:55 AM #5

We dont mind a king or others who want to rp. We just dont rp.

2/24/2017 2:46:21 AM #6

I don't think you have too much to worry about. Every Monarch, and Kingdom will have lots of Military/PVP in it. Military especially with Dukes. I don't think you'll find a Kingdom that wouldn't fit you're expectations of PvP, also don't think you'll find a Duchy that wouldn't either. As Kingdoms and Duchies and Baronies have militaries. Some might have a strong RP base to them, with lore and such written. But when it comes to the battlefield I don't think they are going to stop in their tracks to start rolling dice and talking.

2/24/2017 3:12:04 AM #7

Yeah. Plenty of duchies and such that have PvP groups and like to RP but very few places demand RP. Some just ask that you don't do things like mention the Lakers game while people are RPing around you.

2/24/2017 4:05:26 AM #8

So far everyone is playing the "peace and neutrality" card but I highly doubt it lasts past KoE. SBS lowkey inspires conflict in KoE by laying down neutral land between kingdoms, duchies, etc. I like this. It breeds salt before the game even starts xD.

Also if things are too stagnant SBS could always throw a famine somewhere and force raiding. Idk if they will or not but it's possible. Who knows maybe the Soulborn Engine already has story arcs like that that will inspire conflcit. I mean world war 1 was started by a single assassination if I remember right? Maybe an NPC re-creates that. You could always not go to war but who knows what that would do to your reputation and public opinion. Not going to war may inspire a coup? who knows. We'll have to wait and see.

Edit: On a side note I also feel like if everyone plays the peace card you will see bored soldiers (Players not NPCs) either turn to illegal warfare across the borders (which could spark a large scale KvK war) or guards turn to deviants to sate that need for PvP.

You have groups that want to do nothing but PvP. If your not going to find them legal forms of battle they will find their own battles. Arena's and duels can only do so much.

I don't know anymore.

2/24/2017 6:11:55 AM #9

OP,

Pick any of them, even the most pacifist kingdom will be forced to PVP. All of them seem to be run by really naive people who sign treaties and then said treaty falls apart.

I'd pull up a list of kingdoms/duchies and ask a toddler to point one out, pick that one

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

2/24/2017 7:39:22 AM #10

Most people like PvP. But not like they are going to go around being a dick this far out. You see there are a few groups going around basically declaring war on everyone, good for them. That means just as little as the kingdoms being friendly with one another. Of course I don't get why anyone believed what the troll said. As you can see all he does is talk shit.

2/24/2017 8:55:09 PM #11

Remember there are many forms of PvP.

Physical, Social, Economical.

Physical PvP will be restricted, unless in time of war.

Social PvP will be an everyday game, climbing the social ladder to get Story Points to move up in ranks and acquire better titles as you progress in the 10 year story line.

Then economical PvP would encompass almost all parts of your game. Building wealth to become a noble or tradesman that can offer large bulk buys of supplies or crafts.

But if it's "real PvP" of player physically fighting another player, you can chose to do that with anyone. Just remember that killing without cause will have a punishment.

2/25/2017 5:30:25 AM #12

Chronicles of Elyria is going to work like real politics. Sagacity is going to actually exist and be a thing in these realms. Note that the weakest vessel who is deemed most vulnerable, loses respect from his/her followers or creates hostility for the people will be plotted against and possibly destroyed, coup de graced or however you'd like to call it.

• So there will be plenty of conflict for PVPers, both massive wars and small scale excursions. But PVPers must keep in mind that this is not a PVP (in the context of physical PVP) game, where everyone gets geared up to go out and kill players; but it is survival game, that requires logic, skill and PVP when called forth. SteedSurge makes a great point also about Physical, Social and Economical PVP.

• CoE will be deep and diverse.

• More things to consider; this won't be a game like RUST or ARK where the sole purpose is to build a base and go out and KOS players, not like H1Z1's: King of the Hill. There will be many things to do and many styles of gameplay to consider; from RTS to Crafting; to Tax Paying and Property Upkeeping. So Roleplayer's and Elitist PVERs will have no choice but to coincide. Even if it is light socializing.

• Lastly, If players are the more aggressively types, they will have to discuss this with their respective Monarch's so that they can get some work that involves killing other players legally. Remember politics. Of course if you choose to be a lone wanderer with no laws (like you are living in the Wild West), good luck to you. I hope we have player bandits out there to kill...I hope so! :D

2/25/2017 6:04:56 AM #13

Honestly, if you're just in it for a good fight, you can disregard a lot of the replies. You can engage in politics if you want, but if all you want to do is kill people for someone else, I can respect that. No shame in being just a soldier, this isn't just a game of chess for nobles.

I'm NA-W, but I am pretty familiar with the eastern kingdoms, so allow me to help you out to the best of my abilities.

Bordweall is heavily military focused, and from my experience not so much rp. Probably your best pick.

Kairos is more of an economic kingdom, but with pvp subgroups. From my time there before things got interesting, there was no RP.

Riftwood wishes to remain neutral, so most likely no pvp outside of defensive forces. No RP that I know of.

Vornair has a large focus on everything, and they definitely have the numbers to back it up. Pvp is present, and so is RP. both are optional by the sounds of it so you can pick and choose what you're comfortable with.

I do believe Blah64 is setting up a kingdom as well, but I don't have any information on that.