COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Yet another award :)

Old news maybe, but I didn't see it mentioned yet here on the forums. CoE has won the Massively OPs PAX East reward for most potential MMO.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/03/17/massively-ops-pax-east-2017-awards-and-best-in-show-reader-vote/

Brash

3/20/2017 2:17:11 PM #1

COE is also leading the "best in show" poll at the bottom of the post.

though Legends of Aria (Shards Online) isn't far behind.

3/20/2017 3:38:21 PM #2

Posted By Blankwindow at 3:17 PM - Mon Mar 20 2017

COE is also leading the "best in show" poll at the bottom of the post.

though Legends of Aria (Shards Online) isn't far behind.

Good point. And apparently I can vote even though I didn't attend Pax East or see any footage from it ;).

Brash

3/23/2017 5:42:29 PM #3

Honestly, these shows giving out tons of awards to games that are still being made has never made much sense to me, look at no mans sky, it got like 200+ awards before it was released, and we know what happened with that.

btw, not ripping on CoE at all, I have high hopes for it. But giving out awards to incomplete games just doesn't make much sense to me.

3/23/2017 5:55:06 PM #4

Just take it as free publicity which is never bad. When you introduce an innovative game you want as many heads turned towards it as possible.

Also everyone should go click that link and vote for CoE!

3/23/2017 6:24:07 PM #5

Quoted: "The demo of Kickstarter-funded Chronicles of Elyria at PAX was beautiful if relatively limited. But if the game is developed and embellished as promised -- and more importantly, if griefplay is adequately discouraged as promised -- the game has tremendous potential to be the next big thing. It's just got a long way to go!"

I can see right away that some care bear wrote those articles.

3/23/2017 8:37:59 PM #6

Posted By Gothix at 11:24 AM - Thu Mar 23 2017

Quoted: "The demo of Kickstarter-funded Chronicles of Elyria at PAX was beautiful if relatively limited. But if the game is developed and embellished as promised -- and more importantly, if griefplay is adequately discouraged as promised -- the game has tremendous potential to be the next big thing. It's just got a long way to go!"

Or someone who is being political correct in their writing so they don't get in trouble like the one's that praised NMS before it was released. But I agree that CoE has great potential as long as the hype train can be controlled.

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.

3/24/2017 5:52:27 AM #7

We are off of 1st place by 8 votes, make it happen guys.

Vote here!

We can use all the publicity we can get :P

3/27/2017 11:37:09 AM #8

Push!

Don't forget to vote here

...we're leading atm :-)

Kernothia

3/27/2017 12:52:12 PM #9

well deserved

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

3/27/2017 1:01:02 PM #10

Posted By Gothix at 1:24 PM - Thu Mar 23 2017

Or someone familiar with what players as a whole want. Targeting a large audience is generally what you want to do if you want to be a success in a market that has a high up front investment and little consumer loyalty.

Maybe if the game does get big enough they could spin up a chaos server. No rules, no penalties for killing, only penalties for being killed.

3/27/2017 1:08:14 PM #11

Chaos server sounds juicy. There are issues I see with that but it still sounds like it would be a blast.

Friend code: 172B2A

3/27/2017 1:16:38 PM #12

The game is basically player run for the most part, if the majority of players want a controlled society with everyone following laws and working together the game will be like that, if the majority want anarchy and open warfare happening 24/7 that will happen. Most likely it's going to be a bit of both.

3/27/2017 3:31:52 PM #13

Posted By Deinjl at 08:37 AM - Mon Mar 27 2017

Push!

Don't forget to vote here

...we're leading atm :-)

Yes, everyone please vote!

3/27/2017 4:45:09 PM #14

How likely is it that Shards has a bigger community than CoE? :unamused:

Vote!

3/28/2017 6:14:58 PM #15

Posted By Anconia at 6:45 PM - Mon Mar 27 2017

How likely is it that Shards has a bigger community than CoE? :unamused:

Vote!

tbh I don't know, but we're only about 30 votes ahead, which is super creepy...

Kernothia