COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Dungeon Theme Park Guild Suggestion

There have been multiple threads questioning adventuring and dungeon diving in Elyria. Someone should take over a cave or build a dungeon and charge admission.

So a group of 1-5 adventurers would pay to enter and then the guild would have fighters/beasts throughout the dungeon. If they survive to the end there would be a chest with money/prize in it. Both sides would increase combat skills and either side has a chance of earning a little coin.

5/22/2017 2:40:46 PM #1

I love this idea! Sort of like a really high-stakes obstacle course you pay to participate in.

QQ - would you have a maximum incapacitation count before they are "out"? Seeing as monsters won't coup de grace more than once (correct me if I'm wrong) within a short space of time, what's to stop someone from entering, dying over and over and over until they get to the end?

There have to be lose conditions other than permadeath, one would hope hahaha

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

5/22/2017 2:51:21 PM #2

I won't be doing this, but would participate if one was near me. I just think it would be a reliable way for players to do dungeon runs without having to wait a long time for a cave to naturally become a hiding place for a group.

There could be referees that follow behind adventurers and keep count of incapacitations (and make sure no one breaks house rules).

Win/Lose conditions could be negotiated to calculate fees/reward. And I imagine that a well run/well developed dungeon would become highly famous quickly as people run around talking about their runs.

5/22/2017 2:57:16 PM #3

Ooh, I'm sure there are many craving for some dungeon crawling.

Maybe I should get in on the business and rent out some catacomb space if I ever get them built. I am sure the dead wont mind some visitors and if someone happens to permadie, well.. they are in the right place.

5/22/2017 3:02:07 PM #4

OH! That's a great idea. I could pay to have a dungeon created on a parcel of land I own a little ways outside of my settlement, and then just lease it to a guild willing to run it and pay me a small percent of earnings. I was just throwing this out there hoping a few people would go into the entertainment business but I guess I could get a part of the action this way.

5/22/2017 3:28:27 PM #5

This sounds like fun. You could do a hide and seek contest in there. Lots of jumping and climbing and secret rooms. Add in non-lethal traps to slow folks down. Then much like the PAX east demo, you can time folks. The fastest time wins a prize, fame, etc.

5/22/2017 3:43:25 PM #6

Blade Runner anyone? :)

Cool idea tho. If arenas are a thing we could set up challenges, more likely in the bigger cities. Depends if you can dump an untamed beast safely in an arena.

If you can, let's hope you can't drop untamed beasts in people's houses or village streets. That would be evil.

5/22/2017 5:31:16 PM #7

I plan to make eventually this as one of the industries Fehu is known for, hopefully game mechanics give us meaningful tools to create it

5/22/2017 5:41:53 PM #8

Kind of a long the same lines..I hope the kingdoms hold some type of tournament or Olympics. It would be a pretty funny idea.

5/22/2017 5:43:34 PM #9

you could create a labyrinth easy enough, just need high walls (and a goblin king) ;)

The Adventurer's Guild of Vornair

5/22/2017 5:58:57 PM #10

This would be a good middle ground for competing OR training up skills. This will be a capitalist world, so if there is money to be made someone will hopefully invest in creating it.

Also, just noticed the Adventurer's Guild banner Kuli, so your guys should jump all over this idea.

5/22/2017 6:03:38 PM #11

Reminds me of my D&D adventures playing forgotten realms and our main campaign was the city of waterdeep. It was a place where all the adventurers gathers to the lure of ancient treasures found in the depths of Undermountain, If my memory serves me well a dwarf named Duran build his Inn called the Yawning portal over a well that went into the depths of Undermountain. Our dungeon master would charge us a fee to enter and to come back up. So you had to stay down in the depth's until you had enough coins to pay off Duran, Seems like they invited the brave and foolish at heart. Most times we were the foolish, or he just liked getting us killed and taking our gear.

We had three groups and most times we ended up fighting them over the creatures. It was a great time going down into the dungeon we had a awesome time.

I can see someone doing something similar in CoE.

5/22/2017 6:05:04 PM #12

Make it an arena and charge for spectators to watch the brave band work their way through the obstacles. :)

5/22/2017 6:29:23 PM #13

I love the slew of ideas this game has inspired. I only hope we get to enact even a fraction of them in-game...

"It's not the scales, the wings, the teeth, or even the breath that set a dragon at the pinnacle of creation. It's not the strength or senses, nor the size of his hoard. It's something that a dragon knows that only comes with age and experience. It's a skill mortals never truly master."

"A dragon...knows how to wait."

5/22/2017 7:30:13 PM #14

Posted By Barghest at 2:05 PM - Mon May 22 2017

Make it an arena and charge for spectators to watch the brave band work their way through the obstacles. :)

This. ^

-MX.

Alt text - can be left blank

5/22/2017 7:40:25 PM #15

Posted By Deftly at 1:41 PM - Mon May 22 2017

Kind of a long the same lines..I hope the kingdoms hold some type of tournament or Olympics. It would be a pretty funny idea.

Might already be a thing

As far as the OP tho, I like this idea. I am making a guild basically using the same logic except for PvP. Why wait around for Wars when you can....not?

My only question is how feasible it would be to populate a dungeon with monsters. Far easier and less risky to populate it with Human opponents imo. (Tho, I am also more PvP minded)

Posted By Barghest at 2:05 PM - Mon May 22 2017

Hey...

So I have a thing now! 📣Also this is my signature until Sieraen gives me one. 🤷1 Like 👍 = 1 Prayer 🙏