COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAN MEDIA
CoE Civilization V Mod

Link to Updated Thread with more Kingdoms

Chronicles of Elyria Kingdoms

A Civilization V Mod about CoE

As most, if not all of us know, Chronicles of Elyria is a long way off being a released and playable game, but a lot of us are playing the dance of dynasties with our respective kingdoms already, but what if you could actually push your kingdom to greatness in a game already? (and make your enemies suffer at the same time)

Well thats where I come in, because I have made a Civilization V Mod called "Chronicles of Elyria Kingdoms" (CoEK) for everyone to pass the time with.

It is my intention to put ALL Kingdoms into this Civ V Mod but I had to start somewhere, so naturally I started with the two kingdoms that I am involved with; Blackheart (on NA-W) and Nirath (on EU), as well as Vornair that i chose at random. I have tried to be as neutral as possible with adding content regarding these Kingdoms, and I will be doing the same with others, otherwise whats the point in making it at all right? So if you play this Civ V Mod and think that your kingdom or another is not balanced correctly, please let me know by replying to this thread or joining my Discord Server and letting me know there.

DOWNLOAD & INSTALLATION

You can DOWNLOAD IT HERE and for installation instructions, see the first reply to this thread.

CIV LEADER UNIQUE ABILITIES

For the kingdom leaders Unique Abilities (UA) I have tried to add something that the game allows me to do, that is unique compared to the vanilla Civ's and is representative of the kingdom itself. It might not be too balanced right now, but I've tried to make UA's that are not that OP, and if they have OP aspects to them, I've given them a downside as well.

LEADERS

Currently the following leaders are in the game

King Dragor - Nirath Rowena Darkholm - Blackheart Evelake Rhyne I - Vornair Emery Reves

The above leaders/kings/queens have helped the Mod out greatly by giving me their "Diplomatic Responses", so if you trade with someone or declare war, the resulting personalized text that is displayed is the relevant leaders own response. If the leader hasn't had the time to get back to me, the default responses will be used and I'll update them in a future version of the Mod.

The 3D leader screens are also slightly editted to represent the individual leader, though I they aren't customised 3D models, that would take too long to sort out on my own, so I have used the models that currently exist within Civ V. I'll be reskinning the character models eventually as well so as to better represent them, so for now the Civ V ones act as placeholders until then. However if anyone wanted to volunteer to model the leader models, I'd add them to the game, just contact me so I can let you know what you need to do.

For leaders not currently in the game, I will be adding more leaders as time goes on but in no particular order. I'll be contacting the relevant kings/queens for help, but if you (or your leader) wants adding to the game next, please contact me on my Discord Server and I'll get the needed information from you so I can get started. With help from the leader of a kingdom, it'll take me 1-2 weeks max to get them ingame.

UNIQUE UNITS & BUILDINGS

For each kingdom added, I have added one Unit and one Building, each are representative of a group within that Kingdom. I've done some research on the kingdoms in the game, as well as ones I'm planning to add, and I believe that I have picked ones that represent their respective kingdom and at the same time they fit into the mechanics of the game. Only one Unit and one Building can be used per kingdom though, so I apologize to any high profile groups that may have been left out.

SETTLERS

When a settler makes a new city, they will make a city that is a location within that kingdom according to the kingdoms current census (as of June 21st 2017). I started with the capital, then duchies, then counties, then other settlements until the max limit is reached. Any future kingdoms I add MUST have a list of at least 36 settlement names, I want to use individual player settlements to make the game more authentic, but if some kingdoms don't have that many then I'd accept a list of made up ones by their community.

CITY STATES

Upon loading the mod all vanilla City States will be removed from the game (i may have missed some though) and new CoE specific City States will be added to the game. For the new City States I have used the below rules in deciding to add them,

• Large groups that aren't settlements and have been in the community for at least 6 months
  • Old CoE Kingdoms that didn't become Kingdoms
  • CoE specific locations

The current City States included in this Mod are

• Titan's Steppe
  • New Haven
  • Silver Run
  • Fennec Academy
  • Azaleas Ascension
  • Zygethia

All have their own quirks and different needs.

I need a much larger list than this to finish things up, so if you think your group/settlement/etc deserves to be in the Mod, please contact me on my Discord Server or reply to this thread, because it's probably that I either forgot to add you, or I wasn't aware of your group/settlement.

SPY'S

Each Civilization in Civ 5 has "Spy's". Any name that appears in the list of Spy's is a member of that communities kingdom during the making of their Civ. There's approx 10 for each kingdom, one of which is a random SbS Staff Member's alias that I've included. I'll leave all Spy names open for discovery ingame, but they'll tend to be either people I know, names I recognize, or people who have been helpful in giving me information while I was doing my research. Failing that I just picked a random name off of their Discord server.

FUTURE OF THE MOD

It is my intention to get ALL kingdoms in the game, no matter the size or server they play on. I'll be as neutral as possible as previously mentioned. Also I want to go beyond just kingdoms and replace all World Wonders in the game with CoE related WW's, not sure how that would work yet, but will probably be influential guilds/schools or perhaps even groups that are not specific to one kingdom.

Once land selection happens, I will be updating the game with a custom map or two. This way there will be a land mass ingame that reflects the size and shape of the continent for each server, making it feel that little bit more CoE like. To that effect as well, when biomes are decided, if it needs doing, I'll be updating the art asset picks for each kingdom to reflect which biome they are in (so desert tribes are desert based in the mod etc).

SUPPORT THE MOD

Please give this Mod a Thumbs Up on Steam Workshop and click the Star "Favourite" button, regardless of any bugs or anything like that. I know I shouldn't ask that really but meh, a good rating on Steam Workshop will give Chronicles of Elyria that little bit more notice, which can't be bad, right? :D

Also, if you want to show your support, please join my Discord Server and +1 this thread, it'll be much appreciated and it shows that people want me to keep updating this Mod until it's complete.

7/2/2017 12:30:51 AM #1

INSTALLING THE MOD

1) You must have Civilization V

2) Open Steam Workshop (or Click Here and skip to Step 4)

3) Search for "Chronicles of Elyria Kingdoms"

4) Click "Subscribe"

5) Load up Civilization V and click "MODS" on the Main Menu

6) Click "Accept"

7) Click the circle on the right so it lights up Green and click Next

8) Setup the game and your good to go.

If you have done the above but still have trouble installing the Mod, please contact me on my Discord Server and I'll do my best to help you get it working

BUG REPORTING

It's hard to test EVERYTHING on my own and I haven't played out full games with all these Kingdoms (yet) so please feel free to bug report on this forum thread, but I'd much prefer it if you reported bugs on my Discord Server because it'll be easier for me to filter through the messages.

CHANGELOG

v2.0

• Added City States... Dol Aderyn.
  • Removed more vanilla City States.
  • Editted Evelake Rhyne Leader image to better represent the leader.
  • Added Evelake Rhyne's Diplomatic Responses
  • Changed Vornair's Trait from 3 Settlers and 3 Workers to 2 each.
  • Added the Kingdom "Aequitas" (APAC)
  • Made it so that Unique Units can't be upgraded (the first upgrade is usually weaker than the UU).

v1.0

• Added Blackheart as a playable Civ
  • Added Nirath as a playable Civ
  • Added Vornair as a playable Civ

• Added City States... Titan's Steppe, New Haven, Silver Run, Fennec Academy, Azaleas Ascension, Zygethia

• Removed all vanilla City States

• Added Queen Rowena Darkholm Diplomatic Responces

• Added all known Kingdom logo's (only added kingdoms will display)

• Added Unit icons for the first 5 kingdoms
  • Added Building icons for the first 5 kingdoms
  • Added Rowena Darkholm leader icon
  • Added King Dragor leader icon
  • Added Evelake Rhyne I leader icon

7/2/2017 12:31:04 AM #2

KINGDOM ICONS

Below is a HQ icons that are currently in the mod for kingdoms that I am currently working on. As far as I am aware, these are all the kingdoms that have decided on a server to play on as of 20th June 2017 when I first made this image.

7/2/2017 12:31:10 AM #3

Reserved :D

7/2/2017 12:35:12 AM #4

Only things that I am aware of, that need updating with the current kingdoms is Dragor's and Adam's leader diplomatic responses. I've only just asked them for help with those so I'll add them whenever they have the time to do it :D

7/2/2017 12:44:06 AM #5

Feel free to add my Town of Maulvorn as a City State.

If you want help on what stance to make for it and mission, get in contact.

7/2/2017 12:46:17 AM #6

WOW! That's so cool! Great job Nagash :-)

7/2/2017 12:49:53 AM #7

Grand Idea!! I am glad you picked 'V' to mod for ;)

Imgur

7/2/2017 12:54:58 AM #8

lol, interesting.

I'm with Tyria if you want any info feel free to hit myself or King Archibold up in discord.

7/2/2017 12:57:45 AM #9

Looks Good Nagash, Can't wait for more Kingdoms to be added

KS Backer #44

7/2/2017 1:08:45 AM #10

Posted By Shrewdcrow at 01:54 AM - Sun Jul 02 2017

lol, interesting.

I'm with Tyria if you want any info feel free to hit myself or King Archibold up in discord.

Got some info about you guys that I'll likely include already :D but will do when I start to add it ingame :D

Main things I'm looking for from most people would be "Diplomatic Responses" from leaders (to make it more authentic), place names and images that represent the leader themselves.... but that i can make up like i did with Adam's image :D

7/2/2017 1:26:22 AM #11

Updated Reply #2 with the Kingdom icons I made for each Civ that will be in the game. Hopefully they are all a true representation of their respective kingdoms while looking like an actual Civ V icon.

7/2/2017 1:40:44 AM #12

This is awesome. Good job.

7/2/2017 2:07:10 AM #13

I don't know if you play Crusader Kings 2 or not, but something like this, on there, would be interesting!

7/2/2017 3:02:08 AM #14

Nagash, i just want you too know that i love you for this mod. Subscribed so fast its not even funny :) keep up the awesome work.

7/2/2017 3:21:44 AM #15

Really cool. Kudos.

archer, tamer, survivalist, monster hunter, protector of the weak || duchy of aravier, kingdom of alésia, « næ