COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Family Creation and State Wards

Two of my friends and I have been looking into getting a group together and playing this game come launch. However it seems families are restricted to one tribe (at least at launch) as far as I could tell from googling around. If we were to create three wards of the state coming from different tribes would we be able to create a family as a sort of "band of brothers" and thus creating a family that is cross-tribal or is this not possible? If anyone has info regarding this topic as of yet I would be very delighted, I also realise we might not know this yet due to the fact the game is still in development. Thank you for reading and kind regards, Ekiros

7/20/2017 1:34:42 PM #1

I suppose it would be possible to marry, if you wanted to go that route, but playing a ward is supposed to come at a loss– that being the family mechanic. Sure, it's possible to start your own family as a ward and build up your dynasty or marry into an existing family, but I don't believe simply joining together and creating a family is possible.

7/20/2017 1:38:01 PM #2

Thank you for the quick response! I assumed as much but decided to ask around for clarification.

7/20/2017 2:04:23 PM #3

"Band of Brothers" sounds more like a guild... Have you thought about that?

https://discord.gg/HhcgrgD

7/20/2017 2:27:22 PM #4

As far as I've read Guilds are mainly the old school type of Guilds for merchants and such, but I guess you could create a guild for whatever activity you want, I mostly looked for the family due to the bolstering system so we can stick together even if we don't play the same amount. Thank you for the input.

7/20/2017 3:20:32 PM #5

Posted By Ekiros at 07:27 AM - Thu Jul 20 2017

As far as I've read Guilds are mainly the old school type of Guilds for merchants and such, but I guess you could create a guild for whatever activity you want, I mostly looked for the family due to the bolstering system so we can stick together even if we don't play the same amount. Thank you for the input.

You're right "guild" in CoE is stripped back down to the words roots, it only has to do with crafters/merchants. Your best bet would be marrying into the same family, or marrying one another if what you're after is the mechanics families offer. This game strives off realism (to a certain degree) if you are family with someone, there has to be a root laid down to why you are, can a African, Swedish and Asian person all be family in real life? Yes but in order for that to happen there needs to be some past roots laid down that makes it so, not just because they wanted to be family.

Incase you guys dont really care about tribes aslong as you are all together

there are a few ways you all could become to be in the same family. Firstly for you to make your own family one of you will need to be in Exposition and that would require the bloodline(or above) package, If one of you decide to purchase that package you can simply have children and after exposition (3month early access) give them the children codes to be able to take over your npc children.

If all of you decide to get a bloodline(or above) package im pretty sure one of you will pick the family surname, and there will be way for the other 2 be apart of that family through KoE and MUD(pre-alpha history builder), however they will be discarding their custom surnames in the process to do so. still need more info on this

If the situation is that none of you are buying a bloodline(or above) package being in the same family is as simple as finding a family post exposition that has 3 npcs(preferably children) available.

Alt text - can be left blank

7/20/2017 8:57:38 PM #6

Ok, thank you for the detailed explanation!