COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Attitude adjustment

While reading the forums and viewing them over the years I noticed alot of people with very large ego's and unlikable attitude's, especially when it comes to ingame content or just average things. Most players who don't fork hundreds into this game and wait patiently for its retail release see this and it's not overall good for your recruitment efforts, also when it comes to debates, do just that debate, help one another understand your point of view instead of arguing and getting to hot and heated over it, and if you really are bothered by what someones saying then plot their demise, or hire an assassin for when the game comes out, make sure you have a list and your checkbook ready. This way we can actually enjoy the forums more.

"Whats normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”

5/13/2018 5:21:17 PM #1

Overall I haven't noticed what you've mentioned. By and large the CoE community is very friendly and for the most part gets along with each other.

5/13/2018 5:32:11 PM #2

Posted By Cedargore at 10:21 AM - Sun May 13 2018

Overall I haven't noticed what you've mentioned. By and large the CoE community is very friendly and for the most part gets along with each other.

I disagree, and you are a horrible person for saying so. Let's fight.

5/13/2018 5:37:34 PM #3

Posted By RobertOrr at

or hire an assassin for when the game comes out

The Sanguine Sisterhood has all your assassination needs covered... for a modest fee, of course.

5/13/2018 5:53:11 PM #4

I am Posted By RobertOrr at

While reading the forums ... enjoy the forums more.

I am sorry to say I haven't noticed anything of the sort either, RobertOrr. But it's not like I've read every forum or topic... Did you report the derailing topics to the DEVs? Seeing their posts deleted will probably make people reconsider what they're posting.

5/23/2018 7:11:04 PM #5

there will always be some unsavory characters in any game but for the most part i've noticed that people are rather nice and love to discuss and debate what will be in the game. for example i just recently took part in a discussion that wondered if ice harvesting will be a thing and if so would selling ice in the desert be profitable

Mighty gear for the Mighty Menn

5/23/2018 7:28:20 PM #6

Posted By Pieoflords at 9:11 PM - Wed May 23 2018

there will always be some unsavory characters in any game but for the most part i've noticed that people are rather nice and love to discuss and debate what will be in the game. for example i just recently took part in a discussion that wondered if ice harvesting will be a thing and if so would selling ice in the desert be profitable

If you can guarantee the quality, I'll buy it :)

5/23/2018 8:01:56 PM #7

I've tried mediating negotiations in Ark before, and players can really be a pain in the ass.

For example, there was someone's belief that minor property damage (the loss of the beginnings of a base on the "attacker's" doorstep) warranted total annihilation of everything the "aggressor" owned, and wouldn't accept being called anything short of the victim. A "victim" that had far more resources available to them that they could have used to defuse the situation rather than immediately attack.