COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Upgraded Housing

For the kickstarterversary milestone, upgraded housing, assuming we make it that far, I'm assuming it will only apply to houses that come with the packages correct? So if one gives up their title, they lose their seat of power (and the house from which they oversee it) which would mean they would not be able to have that upgraded house.

Now from my understanding one can purchase a separate manor via EP not related to being a mayor at all yes? If that is the case, would one be able to also use EP to upgrade to a "grand villa" or will that stay an exclusive for mayors and above?

5/21/2018 10:35:16 PM #1

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to buy, and upgrade, a house with EP.

I'm pretty sure there was a list of EP items (from waaaay back) that had buildings on there.

Just to say... I also plan on NOT useing the free house as my player home. Why bother if I lose it if/when I'm not a mayor? xD

Plan is to use it for visiting folk/Community building

5/21/2018 10:47:42 PM #2

If you go the wiki and then architecture under Residential there is the list of houses. If you click on those under the picture of them on the right side there is an estimate of how much they will be, so far it only goes up to manor. I plan on buying one during expo.

5/21/2018 11:59:48 PM #3

What makes you think you lose the house though when you give up your title?

Brash

5/22/2018 12:21:12 AM #4

Posted By Terrantal at 4:59 PM - Mon May 21 2018

What makes you think you lose the house though when you give up your title?

If you give up your Title, you also give up the house that comes with the coinciding package. It remains as the seat for the new title holder. However, if you purchase a house outside of your package, then that house would remain yours.

I will see if I can find the source for this information but I can't really recall exactly where I seen/read it.

5/22/2018 3:03:18 AM #5

The "Upgraded Housing" rewards is for aristocracy packages and above, the buildings are intended to be used as an office for the Mayor of the settlement to manage their duties. Though it can be used as housing if one wanted to do so, the building is tied with the title, thus to the settlement. No one truly "owns" it. If it will be possible to purchase a villa, manor, grand villa with EP from the EP Store, it hasn't been confirmed yet, but it may be possible though the building will probably not be furnished.

Caspian in the CoE Discord, (05-11-18) (right-click for a bigger image):
alt text

5/22/2018 4:01:29 AM #6

The problem with buying a fully furnished house with limited customization is that you don't have one that is "awesomely your own". You'd save a bit of coin, but it'd be worth it to have a project on the side making your dream home. If you are confident of course, use your lords manner as your only home. Have fun, have projects you don't need to buy everything and be perfectly happy without more goals to have.

5/22/2018 4:10:55 AM #7

Posted By Bodular at 5:35 PM - Mon May 21 2018

I'm pretty sure there was a list of EP items (from waaaay back) that had buildings on there.

Are you referring to this or these?

5/22/2018 10:50:11 AM #8

Posted By Tiffany at 05:10 AM - Tue May 22 2018

Posted By Bodular at 5:35 PM - Mon May 21 2018

Are you referring to this or these?

I was referring to "these"!

Thankyouplease!

Edit: Did you make the imigure... ummm... stuff? xD Or is it something you found? I mean I'm greatfull anyho since I'm not cool enough to insert links like that or pics to posts xD