COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Building Restrictions

Will there be restrictions on building to help with realism? E.g. single column towers or walls and other types of building that can break immersion .

5/13/2016 3:12:19 AM #1

You'll have to be more specific. What's a single column tower that doesn't look realistic, for example? The first thing I thought of was the leaning Tower of Pisa. That's a single column tower and quite realistic to Pisa tourism. Or do you mean something else?

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

5/13/2016 3:15:01 AM #2

I would mean like a tall tower that goes into the sky, or floating (no falling physics), things like that.

5/13/2016 3:17:01 AM #3

From the screenshots we've had of the building design planner tool, it looks as though buildings will be "realistic", in that you need to have some sort of structural integrity in order to have them not just collapse into rubble.

Edit: You can also check out the architecture DJ here

5/13/2016 3:17:34 AM #4

The game will have Physics for it's buildings and if not on a good foundation, you might have to make the foundation to support the building. There may not be, if any, single column towers.

5/13/2016 3:18:06 AM #5

In one of the DJ (Dungeon making one) it states that building underground will need supports. So I presume so will buildings.

~BenevolentBull~

5/13/2016 4:25:13 AM #6

General chatter on Architecture here but in general it will be based on real physics. I believe generally as realistic as possible.