COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA DOMAINS
[NA-West] The Duchy of Ravencrest

Kingdom:

NA

Duchy:

Ravencrest

Archduke:

Lief Von Corvus of house Von Corvus & Evalyn Von Corvus of house Miri.

Play style:

RP friendly, active, new player friendly. Focused on animal husbandry, cavalry based military, and crafting guilds/economy.

Summary:

The Crest of the Duchy represents the values of its' lands and the ideas of its people. On the crest is An Ebony Raven, expressing its' keen eye for Knowledge, Intelligence, Loyalty and Swift action. Within its' talons, It holds a Hammer, for the craft to build the foundation of our future. In the other a spear, to represent the reach of our military to defend our creations.

Recruitment:

Count: Open

Baron: Open

Governor: Open

Guilds: Open

Military: Open

Citizen: Open

Looking for active RP friendly players (RP not required but appreciated ), artisans, breeders, clergy, and Guilds. Also looking for interested military, commanders, or strategists willing to work together to defend the Kingdom and Duchy.

Ravencrest (Discord) / About / Lore / Art

12/20/2016 7:42:52 AM #1

Political overlook.

Ravencrest values loyalty to one another, and aims to provide wealth and prosperity for it's lands though trade and high quality craftsmanship. For protection and power, a highly mobile and specialized military to swiftly and effectively protect its people and provide no quarter for foes. For the soul of the people Ravencrest turns to its deeply steeped faith in the religion of the area (TBA) and the priesthood that guides the people.

Court based Governing style.

Ravencrest abides by the laws of the Kingdom but also governs itself with a monthly gathering of duel courts. The Court of Ravens has a set number of seats which contain equal parts aristocracy and Military influence. The Court of Crows also has a set number of chairs filled with the most established and renowned Guild representatives, Trade companies, and Schools. Seats in either court are awarded by merit, skill, or title and can be lost due to corruption, scandal, or abuse of power. Seats can be contested by rivals and will result in a contest of skill or political vote. The Court of Ravens come together to propose new Duchy laws, changes in policy, cases of high level corruption or general issues brought to court by any seat holding member. The Court of Crows provides a platform for seat holders to pass news, arrange alliances, voice grievances or worries, and trade amongst themselves. Counts are free to administer and enforce there own laws so long as they do not circumvent or break the laws of the Kingdom and Duchy.

Counts are free to administer and enforce there own laws so long as they do not circumvent or break the laws of the Kingdom and Duchy. Seat holders of the Court of Crows should bring up any proposed policy changes at court.

Military.

Special units with in the Duchy of Ravencrest fall into three highly trained categories.

The Black Haast: These hard to break juggernauts are trained to overwhelm with there intimidating heavily armored war beasts capable of breaking most front lines. These men and woman are highly skilled with Shield and spear, some favoring deadly poisons to make use of there extended reach. These Knights are capable both mounted and unmounted and only the most skilled and dedicated brave souls fill these ranks.

The Crimson Hawk: While the Hawks make up the bulk of the special units within Ravencrest they are not to be underestimated. These solders use a combination of long and short reach weapons, mounted on medium or light mounts. With versatility and mobility on there side these warriors can travel with ease, catch others off guard with speed, and counter a large range of threats. Trained to be both aggressive and swift these units can decimate back lines, harry larger numbers, or establish ambushes with ease.

The Ivory Kite: The Kites are the long ranged counterpart to the Talons, sharing the same love of light and medium armored mounts for the sake of whisking them into position and out again the moment the risk becomes too high. These skilled archers are most often deployed in tandem with a unit of (above), and many are also trained in the skill of first aid making them an invaluable utility unit to the Military as a whole.

Any law abiding Citizen may apply to become part of the Duchy Military and serve. All military members will be provided for by there Baron and Duchy. If special training is requested the enlisted citizen must apply to a special unit, once accepted training will be issued. Passing training will grant the newly fledged special forces with rank, weapon, armor, and mount.

NOTE: Any Barons or higher seeking to lead or train any branch of special forces should contact Duke Lief Corvus via direct message or Discord. Links provided on first page.

Education/Public Service

All education is valued. Trade guilds are encouraged to host apprentice programs to expand the skill and competence of membership providing a greater benefit to not only themselves but the Duchy as a whole. Ravencrest strives to be a robust source of knowledge and enrichment of all kinds, valuing all education equally from the astronomer, to the painter, to the smith's apprentice. Libraries are highly valued and seek to make knowledge available even to the most humble. Town squares are open for anyone wishing to educate on any topic to lecture freely. No knowledge is bad knowledge.

Ravencrest strives to ensure its people, culture, and environment are tended too. Many services are open freely to the general public to ensure these standards of living. Cultural events are valued and serve as both a holiday and a time to remember the history and culture of Ravencrest and the races who inhabit the land. Free services such as food giveaways and humble offerings are valued to help alleviate the stresses of the improvised. Most notably the environment is tended with care, helping to prevent deforestation, animal extinction, and wild plant life over-harvesting.

Perhaps the best example of Ravencrests dedication to Public service it its clergy.

Faith.

COMING SOON.

Foreign Relations/Trade.

No independent towns or guilds may live with in the boundaries of Ravencrest, all are required to register and abide by the laws of the land. Independents and foreigners are welcome to visit for purposes of trade and good relations but are required to adhere to local law during there stay. Immigration into the territory is possible but must be done though official channels in the cases of guilds or Aristocracy, all other Immigration is handled by land purchase or town registration. All land owning citizens are considered understanding of and upholding all forms of law, as laws of all levels can be found at the local court house for viewing. Fair and Peaceful trade is strongly stressed in Ravencrest territory. Ravencrest expects it's guilds and people to uphold the highest standards of grace having both pride and respect for it's home lands whether it be local or abroad. In return Ravencrest strives to protect and uplift its citizens regardless of title or position. **See Misc for trade partners.

Events.

COMING SOON

Misc Info.

Flower: TBA

Religion: TBA.

Foreign Trade Partners: TBA

12/20/2016 7:43:00 AM #2

WIP

The ancestral duty of the Corvus continues to flow through the blood of the current family. To guide our lands with the wisdom and direction of the Raven. For it will always lead us to our home.

12/20/2016 7:59:46 AM #3

Saved for Art

12/21/2016 2:15:11 AM #4

Thank you my Duchess for posting this! For the glory and future of Ravencrest!

If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

-Archduke Lief Corvus of Ravencrest

-Lief Von Corvus

12/21/2016 2:34:11 AM #5

Greetings, this may be something I'm interested in. I'll be at the baron level at the least, when is the best time to check discord?

12/21/2016 2:45:49 AM #6

Posted By Nkrumah at 11:34 AM - Wed Dec 21 2016

Greetings, this may be something I'm interested in. I'll be at the baron level at the least, when is the best time to check discord?

Anytime, Duchess Evalyn Corvus and myself are typically always around on Discord. Feel free to shoot us a message.

-Lief Von Corvus

12/27/2016 11:47:46 AM #7

A friend and I have been keeping up with Elyria for about half a year but we're lurkers. This is actually my first post I believe. I'm going to be a Count and am looking for a Role Play kingdom to take part in.

I'm sure there are a lot of details to hash out but there is one thing I want to bring up first to see if we can match up of if I need to keep looking. You're Duchy states that RolePlay (In the recruitment section) isn't required, and that's completely fine.

However, in my County it would be required. We don't want people going OOC and breaking the immersion for ourselves. Would this be an acceptable thing within the sphere of your Realm to have a county that requires the players to abide by Role Play rules or not?

12/27/2016 12:18:43 PM #8

REDACTED

-Lief Von Corvus

1/2/2017 12:50:33 AM #9

Hello everyone,

I would like to know more about your kingdom and rules. I just bought a mayor bundle and I could be interest in playing along with the type of gameplay you are looking for.

Have a nice day and happy new year :)

1/6/2017 7:45:50 AM #10

Posted By Zwiterrion at 09:50 AM - Mon Jan 02 2017

Hello everyone,

I would like to know more about your kingdom and rules. I just bought a mayor bundle and I could be interest in playing along with the type of gameplay you are looking for.

Have a nice day and happy new year :)

PMed you! I'm always open for questions and interests. Hope you had a wonderful Holiday as well!

-Lief Von Corvus

1/7/2017 3:46:14 PM #11

Nice post...I truly wish you guys, and the Kingdom of Blackheart, the best of luck in game.

2/12/2017 8:23:16 PM #12

Shopping around Kingdoms and stuff (just a merchant, but want to end up in the right place), and I noticed there are five duchies listed on Blackhearts website, but Ravencrest isn't one of them.
Might want to look into that, show that your all on the same page.

3/10/2018 3:48:30 AM #13

Updated!

-Lief Von Corvus

10/20/2018 2:52:15 AM #14

Nice! This is my first visit Leafy Pete :) Thanks for posting the link.

10/23/2018 1:04:19 AM #15

With recent events, I wish to clarify that Ravencrest is no longer with the Kingdom of Blackheart. Please contact me for more info.

-Lief Von Corvus