COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA ORGANIZATIONS
Knight’s Armaments

Knight’s Armaments

Goals and Purpose

Knight’s Armaments (KA) is a N.A. West guild of craftsmen who have chosen to dedicate their efforts to creating instruments of war.

KA works to provide militaries and mercenaries alike with the tools of their trade. We produce everything that one might need for combat. Be it swords, shields, armor, arrows, poisons, or medicines you will be able to find any or all of these through KA. The reason we do this is to provide warriors with the ability to fulfill their calling and provide much needed gear to those who have the will to use it. We do not discriminate based on the lawfulness of the customer, business is business, so we will provide for anyone whose profession is combat. KA is ran by Count Aramil Foxherd and as such it will have land and raw materials at the start to aid these goals. Although the Grandmaster is a count, it is not required that members of KA be a citizen of any particular county, duchy, or even kingdom. KA’s goal is to provide the highest quality arms and armor to all throughout Elyria.

Chain of Command

The leadership of KA consist of a council of Masters and the Grandmaster. Masters in charge of craftsmen will delegate jobs or special orders to those under them, assign new apprentices to an expert or artisan for training, and decide when a member meets the requirements in order to become a higher rank. The Master in charge of merchants will oversee the movement and delivery of products or materials, the running of shops, and diplomacy between guilds.

Leadership-

Grandmaster: The position of Grandmaster is the highest in the guild. They are in charge of the guild and oversee all the activities in K.A. They hold the final decision in all matters if they see fit. Grandmaster: Count Aramil Foxherd

Masters: Master is the step below Leader. Each master is the head of a specific profession within the group. They help run a specific aspect of the guild. They hold a lot of weight in guild decisions. Master positions will be created and assigned as need.

A note on Masters: The number of Masters and the specificity of their roles will change as more members join, for example a Master Blacksmith might eventually be broken into a Master weapon smith and Master armor smith. In order to maintain a degree of stability, the original Master will become the Master of the new position that fits their profession.

Becoming a Master: To become a Master, one must first be nominated to the Grandmaster by a current Master, or a large number of guild members. This nomination should include the Master title for which the member should be considered. Once the nomination has been received, the Grandmaster will call a meeting of all Masters to discuss the nominee and decide if they are worthy of becoming a Master, this will need to be a two-thirds vote in favor.

Member Roles

Crafters:

Crafters are self-explanatory. They create the products that the guild sells. Within the position of crafter is sub-ranks based on skill. These ranks are from lowest to highest; apprentice, journeyman, and expert.

Apprentice – Title given to the newest members. They work under a master or expert until their mentor submits them to the Grandmaster to see if they are capable of working on their own as a journeyman.

Journeyman – Crafters who work individually as their respective Master sees fit. A journeyman can submit an example of his work to their Master to be judged to see if they are able to be considered an expert.

Expert - A position of privilege given to those with a high caliber of skills.

Merchants:

Merchants handle most, if not all, orders and customer interaction within shops. They manage the movement of resources and merchandise to and from the guild.

Guild Rules and Policies

1. The Grandmaster’s word is tantamount to law, his rulings stand for the whole guild.
  2. Services cannot be denied to a paying customer unless a Master or the Grandmaster says otherwise.
  3. Infighting will not be tolerated. We work together, we succeed together... we fail together.
  4. All members can be a part of any other guilds, organizations, or kingdom as long as these guilds do not obstruct or oppose Knight Armaments.

Affiliations and Diplomacy

KA will trade with any and all guilds but special deals and contracts may be discussed. Any kingdoms and towns wishing to host a KA branch or legal fences may talk to our leadership about opportunities.

How to Join

Joining is simple, just join our Discord channel and complete an interview. If you are a good fit you will be accepted with open arms. Members should be 18 years or older, but exceptions might be made on a case by case basis. Discord link

1/16/2017 10:26:07 PM #1

This is somewhat of a repost of a past forum post. The former Grandmaster Edgais has since obtained a kingdom. This new title has left him with less time to focus on the running of the guild and has since passed it on to me.

I therefore decided to make a new post so that I can edit as need be.

1/17/2017 10:42:22 AM #2

has your organization found anywhere to settle?

1/18/2017 10:17:00 AM #3

Indeed, I'm curious as to what kingdom you've settled in and are you interested in employing a shipping company to move product for you? I'm always seeking would be business clients for Thatcher Shipping in hopes to spread our trade network. If you build it, I'll buy it, ship it, and hold onto it for you. Trust in Thatcher shipping for all of your shipping and trade needs! I look forward to speaking with you as this seems like a fantastic idea.

Friend code: 2D42A1

1/26/2017 7:05:53 PM #4

We were originally founded by Queen Ieana Kallar, and have such have pledged ourselves to the kingdom of Aranor. However, branches can be established in any kingdom, compliments of the Rìoghail Tradeway.

3/10/2017 9:27:34 PM #5

Still looking for crafters!

3/11/2017 7:59:46 PM #6

Posted By RoderickThatcher at 04:17 AM - Wed Jan 18 2017

Indeed, I'm curious as to what kingdom you've settled in and are you interested in employing a shipping company to move product for you? I'm always seeking would be business clients for Thatcher Shipping in hopes to spread our trade network. If you build it, I'll buy it, ship it, and hold onto it for you. Trust in Thatcher shipping for all of your shipping and trade needs! I look forward to speaking with you as this seems like a fantastic idea.

I think we should talk Roderick, I hope to get in touch with you soon after land selection to discuss land trade and general networking

3/12/2017 4:10:39 AM #7

Seeing my old guild and first elyrian creation prosper brings me joy.

3/12/2017 7:58:19 PM #8

I don't really have much a need for weapons, but it looks cool, nonetheless.

3/13/2017 5:42:49 PM #9

Im not sure how many blacksmiths there will be, but it seems like a really popular trade. Hopefully the armaments will have a branch in Braenaroch on start, maybe we could make arrangements for that?

3/22/2017 1:53:27 AM #10

If your wares are good, I'll take 300 sets. Aranor must protect it's border somehow.

3/26/2017 7:53:37 PM #11

Hmm, maybe we can arrange for a branch in Braenaroch?

4/30/2017 11:02:54 PM #12

why does everyone want to be a swordsmith or armorer...

5/11/2017 5:01:30 PM #13

But will you be able to compete with Maulvornian smiths?

5/12/2017 9:58:42 AM #14

Posted By Maulvorn at 11:01 AM - Thu May 11 2017

But will you be able to compete with Maulvornian smiths?

Compete, and defeat!

5/27/2017 3:15:40 AM #15

Please move to the Angelica forum