COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Elyrian Package vs. Buying at Launch

What might be the difference (if any) between buying an Elyrian package and just waiting to buy the game at launch?

I'm very interested to see (and ideally play) CoE when/if the chance arrives. With as much as CoE is promising to deliver, I'm hesitant to pre-purchase the game.

1/20/2017 4:56:34 AM #1

Well as it says you would get the play the mini games that are, Access to Prologue, Kingdoms of Elyria, and ElyriaMUD. But if you don't care about those. Isn't much difference. If you want to play it earlier, you need to back a bit more to get into the expo.

1/20/2017 4:57:33 AM #2

RedHachi, you've summarised the decision process that any supporter of any crowd-funded project goes through. With regard to a project, you read up about it, decide if you like it, and if you particularly like it, you might be willing to help it become a reality. Think of it not so much as, "What will I get/not get..." but more along the lines of, "Do I want to see this happen?" This isn't a big studio with 10s of millions of dollars lying in each corner, allowing the game to be built without its audience participating to some degree. It really comes down to what you would like to see on the games market in the future and if CoE is one of those games, backing it now can only serve to help that to come true.

If you aren't quite there in the decision making process, that's fine too. Your support at launch will help in different ways. But if you back early, it shows support (and some faith) in the team, and also sends a message to the industry too, about the kind of games people are interested in. That's a by-product of the process that's not always remembered.

FWIW, I was KS Backer #21 and wanted nothing but the best for this game.

1/20/2017 5:00:05 AM #3

I have no idea if they stated if the package would change again before expo or not

I case they change you'd be loosing acess to the elyrian package

if they don't well nothing really

so it all depends on how far you feel confortable investing yourself in a game that isn't completed yet

all that aside would you pledge or not my advice is to find a comunity/settlement you'll want to be playing with comes play time my bet is that most people won't really mind if you have pledged yet or not if you plan to in the end

1/20/2017 6:42:19 AM #4

It is $15 cheaper.

1/24/2017 10:07:39 AM #5

arh

i refer to this in a info post i made on the tog forums (my 3rd post in http://www.theoldergamers.com/mmorpg-games-the-realms/647053-coe-game-within-game.html

But in a nut shell there are 2 things to consider.

1. If you wanting to take a mayor or higher title
  2. if you just want to play beta and expo

now if you want to have a Title like Mayor or above then u need to invest before land selection... i don't see those packages being open beyond end of land selection. so if u wait for release no chance in hell of being a mayor of town at start of game..

for the player wanting access to the game during aplhas and betas then you would need to have bught the package during or before tha time to make use of it after all.

but here is the most inportant part... the game store closes at end of expo.... so if u wait for release of this game u loose out on it all.....

so it comes down to do you want to wait till release and come in as a pesent in someone elses kd or do u want to get in early and take part in the making of that kd.

and yes the by product of all this is 2 fold

1. you make the game have a higher chance of coming out by investing in it earler.

2. you show those fatcats in the industry that we actualy do want more choices in a game then what they currently offer. and there is more then 1 way to make a MMO u dont need to aim to try and be the next WOW...

it is also important to note this companies profit model is not one that requries it to take on wow in order to continue to function and is not a game that will lose funding just because it did not beat wow...

its a sad fact these big studios are watching wow with envy and doing every thing they can to be as much like it to draw more wow players away from it.. its why they keep failing and dieing.

so the fact this company dose not have that aim says to me this game will be one that lasts beyond the normal 2 year life span of most games these days.

sure you will get alot of wowets droping in and i have no dout we will hear them screaming about how unwowlike this game will be and it should change to more wowish but as long as the dev team ingores them for the transitis they are we should be good.

i have seen it so many times where they wow crowd gets bored trys a game they demand changes to make it more wow like then the devs do it only to have them go back to wow any way hahaha.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

1/28/2017 4:48:59 AM #6

I've decided to put the Founder package on layaway.

1/28/2017 6:40:38 AM #7

Posted By RedHachi at 8:48 PM - Fri Jan 27 2017

I've decided to put the Founder package on layaway.

Welcome and we hope to cya in the game 🤗🤗🤗

Mayor of Funny Farms Inc.