COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Forum phishing and how to slow it down.

Surely everyone has seen those posts on the right side of the screen, you know, if like me, the first place you look when you enter the forums. Those ones pointing you to a non secure http ( not even smart enough to use https) site streaming something a large majority probably doesn't even enjoy. Are they safe? Id wager not personally. How do we slow them down? Stop them? Please for the love of my sanity implement a fee, donation, anti -phishing attempt, whatever you want to call it ( Aka pledge to the game or read only access to accounts). I know I know.. Don't click it if you don't want to read it. But in reality that isn't a solution to the problem. And.. if they want to keep posting that trash at least we earn 5-10 bucks a pop towards development! Win Win in my book!

1/21/2017 12:33:44 AM #1

They are working on upgrading the Website and Forums, we will be rid of them once that happens, at the moment they are focusing on completing that for release and developing the game.

1/21/2017 4:22:10 PM #2

Posted By Lunaus at 6:33 PM - Fri Jan 20 2017

They are working on upgrading the Website and Forums, we will be rid of them once that happens, at the moment they are focusing on completing that for release and developing the game.

Just a simple upgraded site will not stop it, if all it takes is a fake email address to create a new account that is limtless. If it requires paying for access that is a stop..

1/22/2017 12:59:07 AM #3

I have been reporting them via the Tech Support forums. If you find one of the spam posts you can add it here. It helps the administrators to have it kind of centralized and prevents the Tech Support forum from being filled up with removal requests.

"What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" -Paarthurnax

1/22/2017 1:42:55 AM #4

For the most part I can tell from the tittle of the thread and the name used if it's one of these posts. Basically, the tittle will usually be something obscure and hippy like. Sort of like "The Cosmic Way"for example. And the name will have a "Oriental" flavor to it. Just avoid opening those for now.