Our Estate is the cornerstone of the County, and only holds such a title through the Citizens who inhabit it, and we thank each and every one of our Citizens, Aristocrats, and Council members for their hard work and dedication towards the progression and growth of this County. The Estate of Payne-Whitetail is within the City of Nattehimmel, the epicenter of the County's most prestigious Universities and home to one of the largest Temples of Luna within the Kingdom.
The House of Payne-Whitetail consists of two families, one being Payne with Sterling being as the descendant carrying on the name, and there’s Whitetail, a surname that recently surfaced within the bloodline of House Cromwell. Though married they do not share names, their bloodlines are intertwined but they are not one. The County is an absorption of the singular Counties ran by either family then combined for the better good of both their people. Awenita (Lunaus) Whitetail is however the main figurehead handling almost all County affairs but Sterling Payne has just as much say in the development and maintenance of the (double) County, as well as the laws that oversee the safety of her people. However, his main duty within the County are with the Baronies and their forces.
House Head: Sterling Payne, Count
Family Motto: "Fealty to one"
Supporter: The Fox & Rabbit
House Head: Awenita Whitetail, Countess; Descent of House Cromwell & Nolet
Family Motto: "In her name, the Virgin Goddess Luna of the Hunt & Moon"
Supporter: The Elk/Deer & Owl
Staff of the State
- Priestess of Luna - Maintain the Temple of Luna... Details Here.
- Architects - Skilled artist to design custom buildings and structures.
- Guards/Soldiers - Town guardsman/soldiers.
- Town Crier - Someone who can relay public information about current events.
- Professors/Scholars - Those with the aptitude to teach others.
- Bankers/Bookkeepers - Someone who'll run the Counties bank and help keep tabs on incoming and outgoing funds or taxes.
Staff of the Estate
- Physician(s) - Knowledgeable in the arts of medicine (alchemy, herbalism, etc).
- Tailor/Clothier(s) - Design exclusive attire/patterns for the Noble Family.
- Stablehand(s) - In charge of caring for the Noble Families stable.
- Groundskeeper(s) - Prune and maintain the grounds of the Estate.
- Gravedigger(s) - Personally sees to the proper burial of the Noble Family.
- Scribe/Courier(s) - Personally delivers parcel for the Countship.
- Maid/Servant(s) - In charge of caring for the Noble Family and their home.
- Chef/Baker(s) - Preps every meal, snack, or treat requested by the Noble Family.
- Bard/Artist(s) - Personal entertainers for the Noble Family.
Please note some individuals described above may or may not be asked to follow the Count or Countess on expeditions, their skills will be needed to ensure the mission(s) is a success. If you are not interested in life on the road for long periods then we can accommodate by hiring multiples for a single role. All members of the Noble Families personal staff are offered these benefits and more:
- Discounted Ownership (or lowered taxes on pre-built structures [tbd])
- Room & Board (for those working within the Estate, if space is abundant)
- Free or Discounted Training (combat, crafting, etc)
The Governing body of the County. All Barons & Mayors are automatically on the board, making them able to sit in on meetings between the ruling family, Payne-Whitetail, and the appointed Advisory Council: Domestic, Foreign, Assistant in Military, Assistant in Technology, and Assistant in Emissary. The Advisory Council are nominated and voted in by the citizens then elected by the ruling family, if the citizens have an issue with the Advisor handling affairs involving them they have the right to bring this to the Ladies attention and cast their votes if more than one person is nominated. Much like the votes within the Settlements of Barons & Mayors the amount of land one possess will be the number of votes one can cast in favor or against a nominee. A nominee cannot nominate themselves but they can vote for themselves.
- Domestic Advisor (0/1) - Will be in charge of all citizen and noble relations, agriculture (alongside Tech Advisor), and business contracts/inspections within the County. Must have great diplomacy skills.
- Foreign Advisor (0/1) - Will be in charge of all relations, contracts, and other dealings outside the County, Duchy, and/or Kingdom. Must have great diplomacy skills.
- Assistant Military Advisor (0/1) - Will be the assistant of Count Sterling Payne for all Military related tasks.
- Assistant Technology Advisor (0/1) - Will be the assistant of Countess Awenita Whitetail for all Science & Technology advancements and research.
- Assistant Emissary (0/1) - Will be the assistant of Baron Caraway, and the advisors of Foreign and Domestic advisors in diplomacy.
- Representatives of the Vassals (0/10) - A small body of Elders to speak on behalf of their communities that do not meet the requirements to hold the title of Mayor or Baron.
These high ranking citizens won't be required to live within the capital, depending on their role they will always need to be in contact with the Barons and Mayors to ensure any tasks needing to be carried out are properly explained and assigned to those who best fit the qualifications to ensure it is completed without a hitch.
At the moment these roles aren't promised permanently in the sense that if the citizens do not agree with how the Advisor(s) carry out their duty they will have the opportunity to designate a minimum of two other citizens who could fulfill the job, the Count & Countess as well as their internal committee will then vote on their favored candidate to take on the role. There is no set timeline (at the moment) as to how long a citizen needs to be in office before being voted out.
Unlike the Convocation, the Court officials are chosen by the rulers of the County and the Duchy. The citizens however still have the power to let it be known they are unhappy with any of the officials on board but do not have the same power to vote them off their position, that power is purely left up to the County & Duchy to decide. Court officials are as follows:
- Magistrate(s) Mayors (or Barons) who have accumulated enough land and acquired a Courthouse to form a City who'll handle lesser offenses within the County.
- County Sheriff Investigators of the County; they are one of the first to be dispatched on the scene of crimes that are deemed severe enough to warrant escalation to the County Court.
- Court Guards Captains of the Guard who has been promoted to serve as officers of the Court.
- Executioner(s) In the rare case of a death penalty the Executioner will carry out the gruesome deed of ending the life of the guilty. A Gravedigger will also be available by proxy if a death results in permadeath without a next of kin to claim it for burial.
- Court Reporter(s) Someone who'll transcript the entirety of any trial held within the Noble Court (and possibly lesser courts).
- Orator(s) Lawyers who will work off the information provided to the Court by the Sheriff of the County. Depending on mechanics one will be appointed to the Accused and the other will represent the County.