COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE DOMAINS
[EU] Tryggr - County of Misthaven

Region Summary

• County Name: PENDING
  • County Seat: PENDING
  • Dominant Tribes: PENDING
  • Local Leader: The Oracle

The Hidden Past

PENDING, all but forgotten to the world for generations. Somehow countless wars and disasters had passed by, leaving it untouched, unheard of to all but the learned few. So it had remained for as long as anyone recalled. Fleeting, fanciful stories, passed down by travelling bards told of an ancient and powerful county obscured in the mists between the great plains and the Hrothi foothills. Some accounts placed the county deep within the earth itself. Each generation, hopeful explorers set out to discover the truth, yet no word of success had been heard in an age.

Legend told of those able to weave the mists and more. Such stories brought smiles to childrens faces as they slipped into dreams. Others were regaled with stories of the Mist Walkers, dark shadows that watched the world from afar and delivered their own hard justice to those who did not behave or go to bed when they were told. Such children might face being woken up deep in the night.

Regardless of the legends and myths, the county was proven to be real. Few answers are forthcoming from the people of the land. Rumors speak of Seers and prophecy yet to come, a purpose enough for it's people to stand alongside it's neighbors.

At the height of the great war, Vaizer's call spread throughout the lands and the tyrant Hazar's forces reacted in kind. A nearby garrison set forth to join Hazar's army. That night, a violent storm struck. Lightning jagged across the sky and the winds howled. Thick mists rolled down the mountains towards the camping army. In the storm, none of the local villages heard the fight, yet it's evidence was inescapable. Hazar's forces were slain and the dew laden, gleaming walls of Misthaven beckoned through the trees, glinting in the distant sunlight.

The Local Population

Once distanced from the world, the burgeoning population rapidly grew in the time of Vaizer, drawn in by strong infrastructure and trade skills. Other adventurous types were drawn in by legend and rumors of things long forgotten. The locals are primarily of Hrothi and Neran heritage, believers in the Virtori faith and the preservation of the virtues. Many peaceful miners and farmers are drawn to the region for it's riches are fertility. It's location makes it a natural hub for the flow of trade, ensuring a steady flow of wealth and creating a haven for craftspeople of all kinds. Despite the brief periods of tension between the Hrothi and Neran in the past, relations within the county seat have remained strong throughout the generations, perhaps increased by interbreeding.

The county is not on the kingdom borders, though is close enough to bolster the local forces and quickly quelled uprisings in the local area, likely initiated by remnants of Hazar's forces. Mercenaries enjoy operating from the local area. Stocked well in weaponry and armor, the county offers relative security within the kingdom's borders but easy enough access to unknown lands beyond for fortune hunter, adventurers and soldiers alike.

Entertainment and Architecture

A local hub for the surrounding region, the county attracts a number of travellers during festival times. It's local taverns are renowned for the travelling bards that frequent them. Many adventurers use the taverns as places to find companions, buying supplies and further adding to the wealth of the landlords.

Rumor has it that a small animal native to the area has gained in popularity significantly as a house pet.

Stories are popular in the region. Local children do seemingly enjoy tales of the mist walkers, friendly spirits watching over mann who inspire fear in the weak minded.

Architecture is varied and interesting. A recent local policy seemingly forbids bland buildings, encouraging creativity and beauty in design.

Further News Pending

1/25/2017 11:38:56 AM #1

First draft done. Not well polished yet, but think the content is sufficient?

1/25/2017 4:37:15 PM #2

Very good post especially for a first draft ;)

For those looking for a County @Oracle has shown immense dedication to CoE and many would do well to settle within his County...As such we are proud to name you among the Counts of Tryggr!

1/25/2017 4:39:56 PM #3

Posted By Darhk at 4:37 PM - Wed Jan 25 2017

Very good post especially for a first draft ;)

For those looking for a County @Oracle has shown immense dedication to CoE and many would do well to settle within his County...As such we are proud to name you among the Counts of Tryggr!

Thanks ;) Appreciated

1/25/2017 5:32:52 PM #4

Very Nice! If we weren't stuck like glue to Darhk, and you were not landlocked 😉

Good to see another post out! Looks good for a first draft 💪

1/25/2017 5:38:14 PM #5

looking good! Though I still can't get over your post number xD Damn, it's HUGE :D

1/25/2017 6:05:31 PM #6

Posted By Scylurus at 5:38 PM - Wed Jan 25 2017

looking good! Though I still can't get over your post number xD Damn, it's HUGE :D

I noticed that too it's why I said he's CoE dedication was immense lol....Having that many post shows huge involvement on his part...

1/27/2017 1:12:31 PM #7

Posted By eltaninsroses at 5:32 PM - Wed Jan 25 2017

Very Nice! If we weren't stuck like glue to Darhk, and you were not landlocked 😉

Good to see another post out! Looks good for a first draft 💪

Thanks ;) No guarantees of being landlocked. I do prefer coastal still (ie a bay). I'll have to see what options I get when the maps are out.

1/27/2017 1:13:01 PM #8

Posted By Darhk at 6:05 PM - Wed Jan 25 2017

I noticed that too it's why I said he's CoE dedication was immense lol....Having that many post shows huge involvement on his part...

Uhm yeah.. bit of a spammer me :)

1/28/2017 11:59:06 PM #9

Posted By Oracle at 1:13 PM - Fri Jan 27 2017

Posted By Darhk at 6:05 PM - Wed Jan 25 2017

Uhm yeah.. bit of a spammer me :)

With a view like that spam away ;)

1/30/2017 9:30:04 PM #10

This looks like a rather nice County. Give me a shout if you would like Utdannelse to open a faculty in Misthaven.

Alt text - can be left blank

1/30/2017 10:01:23 PM #11

Posted By lusafar at 9:30 PM - Mon Jan 30 2017

This looks like a rather nice County. Give me a shout if you would like Utdannelse to open a faculty in Misthaven.

That sounds like a very good plan ;)

I'll think of the locals as enlightened barbarians lol. Lets see what the options are when KoE comes along etc.

1/31/2017 12:51:40 PM #12

The pirate caption here, I'd love to discuss with you in a few issues. my discord username is also MrPoopAlot. I would be delighted if you contacted me :)

http://elyrian.directory/communities/the-jolly-pirates-%E2%98%A0/

2/3/2017 2:15:42 PM #13

Posted By MrPoopAlot at 12:51 PM - Tue Jan 31 2017

The pirate caption here, I'd love to discuss with you in a few issues. my discord username is also MrPoopAlot. I would be delighted if you contacted me :)

Dropped you a note ;)

2/6/2017 12:14:19 PM #14

Will keep an eye out for nice resources from your neck of the woods!

2/6/2017 12:49:48 PM #15

Cool ;) Hope to see you around :)