COMMUNITY - FORUMS - FAMILIES & NOBLE HOUSES
Ward with bloodline

What would happen if you have bloodline or above and chose to start as a ward would your ward have a custom surname and coat of arms or not?

4/9/2017 10:23:57 PM #16

Ward + Bloodlines Package is an acceptable combination.

You begin as a Ward, without any family ties, or any of the benefits that come from having a family, however you do so with a custom surname.

When you marry and have children, your spouse and/or children will be able to take on your surname as usual.

Remember, the Bloodline+ packages only apply during Exposition and before. So the only people who have the ability to create custom surnames are the early backers. Given that, there's no reason for us to prevent Bloodline+ Wards from leveraging their custom surnames, as they're effectively choosing to start a new family line, rather than assume an existing one. This is acceptable to us.

4/10/2017 6:04:53 AM #17

Posted By Caspian at 6:23 PM - Sun Apr 09 2017

You begin as a Ward, without any family ties, or any of the benefits that come from having a family, however you do so with a custom surname.

When you marry and have children, your spouse and/or children will be able to take on your surname as usual.

Remember, the Bloodline+ packages only apply during Exposition and before. So the only people who have the ability to create custom surnames are the early backers. Given that, there's no reason for us to prevent Bloodline+ Wards from leveraging their custom surnames, as they're effectively choosing to start a new family line, rather than assume an existing one. This is acceptable to us.

Great news

4/10/2017 2:21:29 PM #18

Posted By Caspian at 12:23 AM - Mon Apr 10 2017

Awesome! Will this also work for titled characters such as counts? When I begin exposition it would be awesome to start my own line with only myself at the beginning. That way I can lock my whole future family from being played by random players.

4/10/2017 6:54:44 PM #19

Posted By Wolffje at 10:21 AM - Mon Apr 10 2017

Awesome! Will this also work for titled characters such as counts? When I begin exposition it would be awesome to start my own line with only myself at the beginning. That way I can lock my whole future family from being played by random players.

I'm pretty curious about this bit, myself.

4/11/2017 8:29:14 PM #20

Posted By Wolffje at 07:21 AM - Mon Apr 10 2017

I believe titles require you to take over an existing family, so no.

~ Goody Odsbodikins, Count of the Highest State. ~
Friend Code: F41EFF

4/16/2017 5:42:44 AM #21

wait guy,i'm quite new to this project,so i would like an answer i could not find in the FAQ. throughout the course of the live of my character,may i create a family,have a child? and if yes,may i then play as my child when my character dies?

4/16/2017 6:12:28 AM #22

Posted By Rovert at 09:38 AM - Thu Apr 06 2017

If you had two souls and two sparks, could you not create the family with your first char, and make a ward as your 2nd char and then just marry him/her into the family?

So far as I'm aware, no. All the bonuses go to one character on the account. But like Malais, my info here is pretty old and possibly outdated.

To touch Divinity, one must be prepared to brave Reality.