COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Pledge Deadline

Was just wondering what the pledge deadline was? I lost my job a few months ago and just recently acquired a new one so I will be making money again; I didn't want to miss my opportunity to pledge.

4/27/2017 10:41:45 PM #1

Land/server selection shouldn't be for at least a few months yet.

4/27/2017 11:02:52 PM #2

were laid off or fired? kairos, we need more information to form a educated opinion

You may have erased my signature, but you can't corner the dorner

4/28/2017 12:01:21 AM #3

Land selection is now confirmed to be in June, so... I'm assuming that's around the time when they'll close it.

4/28/2017 12:07:02 AM #4

Posted By Qaegan at

Was just wondering what the pledge deadline was? I lost my job a few months ago and just recently acquired a new one so I will be making money again; I didn't want to miss my opportunity to pledge.

If you want to be included in land selection you should pay the layoff next month according to caspian.

If you are nor say a Mayor and up you are probably okay to keep paying it off over the next few months

4/28/2017 12:15:07 AM #5

Oh! Good thread. Better get on it, then.

Congrats on your new gig, Qaegan!

DPBoD2.jpg

4/28/2017 12:23:42 AM #6

Ohh thanks for that Scuttle... that actually makes me feel a whole lot better about going for the Magistrate package then! Best news all day!

Runs off to go buy her Magistrate copy now...

4/28/2017 12:30:13 AM #7

Posted By *Atlas Forgiven * at 7:07 PM - Thu Apr 27 2017

If you want to be included in land selection you should pay the lat off next month according to caspian.

If you are nor say a Mayor and up you are probably okay to keep paying it off over the next few months

Can I pick your brains on this, Atlas? Say I have zero intention of playing anything other than adventurer at launch, but am pretty sure I wanted to play "Alpha I," anyway. I'm probably willing to shell out for a 'Magistrate' package to make that happen. Couldn't care less about my 'town,' but if I get to put a spot on the map in Expo--hey why not?

Am I reading you correctly that mayors and the like won't have anything to do with town placement in Pre-alpha? And in that case, I'm not yet pressed for time to buy that Magitrate package?

DPBoD2.jpg

4/28/2017 12:38:56 AM #8

Posted By Ecir_Edyah at 8:30 PM - Thu Apr 27 2017

If you want to be included in land selection you should pay the lat off next month according to caspian.

Can I pick your brains on this, Atlas? Say I have zero intention of playing anything other than adventurer at launch, but am pretty sure I wanted to play "Alpha I," anyway. I'm probably willing to shell out for a 'Magistrate' package to make that happen. Couldn't care less about my 'town,' but if I get to put a spot on the map in Expo--hey why not?

Am I reading you correctly that mayors and the like won't have anything to do with town placement in Pre-alpha? And in that case, I'm not yet pressed for time to buy that Magitrate package?

I'll clarify a bit, most towns that mayors pick will be pre-existing towns that they take over and manage. Yes it will be possible to build one from scratch but that will require a lot of resources as well as a variety of skilled laborers and then you have to find people to live in your town. Pre-existing towns will already have everything they need to survive as they will have been around in game for hundreds of years.

If you don't want a town you could just buy the package and give up the rights as mayor, or sell off all your property in game.

4/28/2017 12:40:10 AM #9

Posted By Jasta85 at 7:38 PM - Thu Apr 27 2017

I'll clarify a bit, most towns that mayors pick will be pre-existing towns that take take over and manage. Yes it will be possible to build one from scratch but that will require a lot of resources as well as a variety of skilled laborers and then you have to find people to live in your town. Pre-existing towns will already have everything they need to survive as they will have been around in game for hundreds of years.

Thank you, Jasta!

DPBoD2.jpg

4/28/2017 12:42:15 AM #10

Cheers for the info,

Time to get decide what one I want.

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then the HELL with you!

4/28/2017 12:52:50 AM #11

Posted By Ecir_Edyah at 7:30 PM - Thu Apr 27 2017

Mayors and up will have the ability to name and design locations that show up in expedition. So as long as you already have Mayor you will be allowed to name your city/barony and then help design and grow it to the point that it will show up in the actually game when its released.

No one regardless of pledge gets to "place a town" during land selection because the Developers will be providing pre chosen locations ( to make sure that the location of the settlement is viable ) for people to inhabit and claim as theirs.

However during exposition I believe that any one/group could potentially found a new city wherever they want and see it show up in the actual game.

So as paying for Magistrate I think it depends on what you are trying to get out of it. If you want to be able to participate in land selection and choose the location of your town plus its name you should pledge before the end of next week.

However if thats not of interest to you then you can wait a little bit and will still receive the ep and other benefits from that pledge. What I'm saying is I dont think the pledge store will close after next month, just that land selection will occur. At least that is my interpretation,

But perhaps some one with more knowledge could weigh in ?

P.s hope that helps

4/28/2017 1:11:08 AM #12

I think it did, Atlas! Thank you, sir!

...so, I can go "Magistrate" and have some early fun---would anyone want to buy a town off me? I can relinquish its control to the buyer whenever they're ready to take it over. (I get my early start and you get a brand new town on the cheap!)

Guess I'll have to pick a server, to find my market, huh?

Drat, I was so enjoying the procrastination....

DPBoD2.jpg

4/28/2017 1:12:44 AM #13

No worries. Sell it to me and I'll pay it using myself. Which means I'll follow you to whatever server you go to. The only down-side is that I'm probably joking.

Right now, I'm just a sloth. Just a motionless sloth. A sinful sloth. Please don't make me work. Can't you see how troublesome it would be to get up everyday and actually be productive? Just leave me be. Let me be a sloth.

4/28/2017 2:02:52 AM #14

Posted By Scuttle at 6:01 PM - Thu Apr 27 2017

Land selection is now confirmed to be in June, so... I'm assuming that's around the time when they'll close it.

I don't mean to question your intel, but do you have a source for the above-stated Confirmation? I don't recall hearing or seeing this anywhere, and I have a few friends with tiers on lay-a-way.

4/28/2017 2:06:40 AM #15

Posted By mystichaze at 9:02 PM - Thu Apr 27 2017

Posted By Scuttle at 6:01 PM - Thu Apr 27 2017

I don't mean to question your intel, but do you have a source for the above-stated Confirmation? I don't recall hearing or seeing this anywhere, and I have a few friends with tiers on lay-a-way.

I don't know if there are any other "primary sources" for June but today in the Q&A Caspian hinted/recommend everyone wrap up their lay ways by the end of way for land selection.

If a transcript becomes available soon I will link