COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Tavern / Innkeeper

Hello,

I've been trying to find the answer to this question, but have not had much luck yet. I'm wondering if you can own and run/manage a tavern or inn in this game?

Manage would including hiring staff, setting what food/drink you will sell, the look/layout of the tavern/inn, hiring a bard, etc....

Thanks in Advance.

4/30/2017 1:45:02 PM #1

You can, furthermore, a tavern is an essential building within a settlement.

You'll have to do what you said, and also manage the supplies. No one want the tavern to run out of foods and drinks.

4/30/2017 1:47:23 PM #2

I honestly haven't heard one way or another if you can manage a tavern. As for owning one, I don't see how anyone could stop you. You can build whatever you want and that should include a building that could serve as an inn/tavern. The only hang up I see is that starting out without land may limit what you can do as you would have to purchase a parcel of land close to where people will be traveling (a town/city or well traveled road) before you could build your business. You could always make a contract with someone that owns the land and pay a certain amount until the land and building are yours.

Click the banner to join duchy discord

4/30/2017 2:08:18 PM #3

(If i am fully right at least) yea it is a very important building and could make a good coin from it. Travelers that come to a town will often first go to a tavern to get some food and rest up. Note, being in a tavern already gives player a buff for resting. actually doing stuff like playing game or buying food or renting a room to rest will strongly increase this. Players that dont have a home in a town will most likely hang around the tavern to get their rest bonus and buy some food from you. So yea you can have a tavern and manage it, and you could make a nice profit.

4/30/2017 2:20:19 PM #4

Well, from what I have read I assume we will be hiring at least npcs and any willing players to help run the tavern.

I know the tavern needs to be supplied by nearby farms which I am pretty sure you need to make contracts with the farmers to supply them. And thats just so the tavern can do it's job of automatically feeding it's zone of control so people won't starve.

And I do believe that you can buy more supplies like wine or beer or mead to sell or make in your tavern to give bonus' to the people that eat them. Also, I read long ago that if you are a cook or brewer or hire a cook or brewer you can make your own meals and drink for even more types of bonus.'

It was mentioned you can have games in the taverns and bards and other entertainment as well to help give bonus' also. And the bigger the settlement the more taverns will be needed because I think each one can only support so many houses.

Any building can be modified by an architect and the materials used to make the building. I.E. a stone building built in the desert will look a lot different than a wooden one built in the forest. And a buildings purpose is defined by the items inside the building and I think even by whats in a room. So if you have more rooms with different types of equipment in them then the building will be multi purpose. What that means is you have a great choice of what the tavern could look like.

So a tavern should be quit a lively place.

4/30/2017 2:54:05 PM #5

This is fantastic information. Thank you, everyone!

4/30/2017 3:06:28 PM #6

check this out: Tavern