COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Mayor vs EP vs magistrate

I was wondering what one of these will give most value for $$ in starting / running a town They are all approx the same price To me it seem like mayor gives the most with the EP close second Land value 100+ EP x9 land for mayor 900Ep+1000 for mayor Straight EP is 3000 but land may cost more? It's also more flexible Second mayor also gives friend or someone early access The magistrate seems to give some EP and manor.. kinda meh What everyone else think?

Friend Code: E0F29A Town Discord: https://discord.gg/YcSbSvD
Town looking for members, Join now for more influence and choice in the decisions of the town! We are going to be primary shipbuilding port with a few guilds Pledged to Kingdom of Ashland

5/22/2017 9:07:32 AM #1

I think magistrate is alpha 1 thats why I'm still thinking between upgrading to magistrate or buying 3k ep but I'm more towards ep

EU - Server >Friend Code: 72983B

5/22/2017 10:14:42 PM #2

Ya I got magistrate just for the alpha 1 access.

5/22/2017 10:44:09 PM #3

One cannot under estimate the power of the dark si...err.. EP!! Yes that's it.

I kickstartered at Astronomer and then bought EP in sheets. I'd never upgrade to magistrate for the house. You guys are in a predicament of the Alpha 1 access. I guess it's a matter of how much A1 means to you.

5/22/2017 11:02:52 PM #4

For myself it's not a matter of A1, although I am in that boat now, but it was rather, Can i build the town as I want it with Just the Tier Package?

I felt it wasn't the case, so I got Magistrate AND spent for EP as well. Governor seemed like it was more "Commitment/Scope" than I wanted to deal with initially?

I Easily could be higher Tier, but it's not what I was aiming for... So that is my answer?

What are you aiming for? and will you make it? To me that seems more like the logical choice to make.

5/23/2017 5:30:07 AM #5

I'm wanting to build the best town I can I can't afford both the EP and the next tier I was thinking about donating for my friend to give him beta access with mayor and have him give the the extra town slots It's that or EP I think

Friend Code: E0F29A Town Discord: https://discord.gg/YcSbSvD
Town looking for members, Join now for more influence and choice in the decisions of the town! We are going to be primary shipbuilding port with a few guilds Pledged to Kingdom of Ashland

5/23/2017 6:47:05 AM #6

Posted By Llewelyn_Disgyndwr at 12:02 AM - Tue May 23 2017

I felt it wasn't the case, so I got Magistrate AND spent for EP as well. Governor seemed like it was more "Commitment/Scope" than I wanted to deal with initially?

What's the additional commitment needed for Governor above Mayor/Magistrate? Are Magistrates & Governors still just mayors/barons of a single settlement, with the same level of management required?

I'm in a similar position to others here -- debating between mayor+lots of EP, magistrate + some EP, and governor + a little EP. Part of the issue is whether we can use EP to upgrade the magistrates villa to a manor during exposition.

I'm not bothered about A1, and want to avoid spending too much time on administration & land management. So if governor has additional overheads then I'll probably go for one of the lower ones and buy/upgrade a manor house during exposition.

5/23/2017 10:12:29 AM #7

hmm let me clear some things up Magistrate and Governor just have a little more EP, access to A1 and of-cause the villia or manor which u wont own. ops and i forgot the name a star thing...

the only reason they would get a better or larger town then a mayor is the IP difference.

that being said i went mayor package and bought 5.5k EP... so my IP is above that of Governor

so my view is ignore the fancy manor and the A1 access and just go mayor and buy lots of EP instead.

much more bang for your buck... hell u could buy a manor... and it actually be urs... but yes best off spending ur EP on lands and workshops

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

5/23/2017 11:59:40 AM #8

Posted By Xaar at 02:47 AM - Tue May 23 2017

Posted By Llewelyn_Disgyndwr at 12:02 AM - Tue May 23 2017

What's the additional commitment needed for Governor above Mayor/Magistrate? Are Magistrates & Governors still just mayors/barons of a single settlement, with the same level of management required?

I'm in a similar position to others here -- debating between mayor+lots of EP, magistrate + some EP, and governor + a little EP. Part of the issue is whether we can use EP to upgrade the magistrates villa to a manor during exposition.

I'm not bothered about A1, and want to avoid spending too much time on administration & land management. So if governor has additional overheads then I'll probably go for one of the lower ones and buy/upgrade a manor house during exposition.

My understanding is that each level adds more time requirements for maintenance, due to size, I.E. a Governor's "town" is more likely to be a city.

The perception I have from statements over time is that it will be the equivalent size to the Count's starting County Seat or the Duke's Capital, just not as deep in Scope to their duties overall.

But certainly more work than running a village as a Mayor. I have nothing to confirm this, and it is my own perception based upon what I have read so take it as you may.

To me everything so far has been logical and each tier granted greater scope in governance, so it just follows?

5/23/2017 2:13:15 PM #9

There arnt more duties for mistreated of governors per-say. Because of their ip though they will likely be selecting domain and land before regular mayors so I'm theory they will be able to have the chance to pick larger tier settlements if they want but they could also opt to choose a smaller town to be the head of.

5/23/2017 2:45:42 PM #10

Just to clarify being Mayor, Magistrate or Governor doesn´t change your settlement size. All of these Pledge Packages has the mayor/baron title that it´s what alow you to claim a settlement for your self. The diference between those packages is more about the perks you get, like Alpha I and the manor/villa. Settlement size will more do about your "luck" and IP to pick a good one in settlement selection. That being said, if you want to raise your settlement you buy EP and do so on Exposition. Myself have Governor package and a lot of EP :D

6/2/2017 2:13:14 PM #11

Posted By bdpcampos at 09:45 AM - Tue May 23 2017

Just to clarify being Mayor, Magistrate or Governor doesn´t change your settlement size. All of these Pledge Packages has the mayor/baron title that it´s what alow you to claim a settlement for your self. The diference between those packages is more about the perks you get, like Alpha I and the manor/villa. Settlement size will more do about your "luck" and IP to pick a good one in settlement selection. That being said, if you want to raise your settlement you buy EP and do so on Exposition. Myself have Governor package and a lot of EP :D

I too went with the Governor package based off the idea of perks. My intention being to build some RL family history in my settlement with the gravestone and historical location naming. From what I have read I agree. The settlement size you build will rely on biome, tribe, your count and the position you hold there. A mayor package with enough DO for the land and building for a city could build a city and live in a tiny home. So long as the infrastructure and political pieces are in place to support a city in your county.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

6/3/2017 5:33:56 AM #12

yes well i am a mayor with 6.5k ep so was planing to live in the inn actualy till they told us we get a town house.

that being said i will build my own house latter and rent out the town house. as i dont own it and not gonna live some place i could loose with the tittle.

but with that much ep i can build the farming town of my dreams.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X