COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA GENERAL
Questions about property owners

have a few questions about Properties in settlement:

• If I create housing/business for someone in my community and then want to make sure these structures get turned over to them will this require a contract of ownership?
  • Can you separate plot land and building on this contract, or do they need to remain together?
  • Now I am guessing if I do want a NPC to move in we would switch available on property and if/when one would take it?

thank you

6/4/2017 3:15:15 PM #1

I would assume any permanent improvement to land would go along with the sale of the land and vice versa. Unless we advance in our contract writing to the point of being able to subdivide land and allow for split ownership of the assets. But that system would need to play well with the adverse possession system. If you own the building but not the land, and the land owner doesn't show up for a while so the land is marked as abandoned, how would that work? Things like that.

6/5/2017 10:56:17 PM #2

I would assume land has to be subdivided at some level, 64x64 meter plots aren't that big a deal in the country but in a city that's a couple blocks worth of buildings, or enough for a whole market, there's got to be a way to allow rental of individual buildings or shops.

6/5/2017 11:07:26 PM #3

thanks for replies

6/5/2017 11:27:45 PM #4

Posted By Dekul at 5:56 PM - Mon Jun 05 2017

I would assume land has to be subdivided at some level, 64x64 meter plots aren't that big a deal in the country but in a city that's a couple blocks worth of buildings, or enough for a whole market, there's got to be a way to allow rental of individual buildings or shops.

Rental yes, that has been confirmed. But he seemed to be asking about sales or transfer of ownership of only a building or of a partial plot. I've not heard that that is possible.

7/11/2017 2:56:39 AM #5

You own the land, you own what's on it. Doubt there will be any way to individually 'sell' a building on your land for the exact reason Kay wrote in his first response, at the end. You gotta take care of everything on the land, contracts, resources, etc.

10/31/2017 11:15:16 AM #6

Posted By Iccubus at

have a few questions about Properties in settlement:

• If I create housing/business for someone in my community and then want to make sure these structures get turned over to them will this require a contract of ownership?
  • Can you separate plot land and building on this contract, or do they need to remain together?
  • Now I am guessing if I do want a NPC to move in we would switch available on property and if/when one would take it?

thank you

this all works through the contract system, and if you personally do not have the skills or requirnments to do it, you could always see your mayor or count or local magistrates to get it drafted and make the land or business available to NPC etc..

10/31/2017 4:17:52 PM #7

To my knowledge there haven't been any words saying you can split ownership of a parcel of land. The land owner can rent out plots on his parcel, but anything on the land either built by the owner or the renter would technically be owned by the land owner.

To me it seems most likely that the land owner will need to build on his parcel some buildings that renters could inhabit whether it be for housing or stores etc. and then the renter would pay the land owner for using that plot on his land. Or another example is a parcel owner renting out his land to a farmer to grow crops on and no buildings would be required.

That's my take on the system anyway.

10/31/2017 5:02:33 PM #8

Posted By Immortalis_Family at 11:17 AM - Tue Oct 31 2017

To my knowledge there haven't been any words saying you can split ownership of a parcel of land. The land owner can rent out plots on his parcel, but anything on the land either built by the owner or the renter would technically be owned by the land owner.

To me it seems most likely that the land owner will need to build on his parcel some buildings that renters could inhabit whether it be for housing or stores etc. and then the renter would pay the land owner for using that plot on his land. Or another example is a parcel owner renting out his land to a farmer to grow crops on and no buildings would be required.

That's my take on the system anyway.

I'm pretty sure caspian said you could rent\lease portions of parcels,

but you could only sell \ buy the entire parcel.

So to answer the original poster, no you could't give him just the small peace of land,

but you could make a contract that says he\she leases the section of the parcel for 1,000 years for the price of 1 rock pebble and that he\she pay any property\sales taxes for his leased land.

and effectively give it to them.

11/1/2017 2:35:14 PM #9

I'm not sure you lease a portion or the parcel itself, so much as leasing the use of a building on the parcel. It was described in one of the early Q&As that an inn renting rooms would actually be leasing their use. So we know it's granular down to individual rooms as well.

Seems like a pretty flexible system.