COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
Delgora County, Vornair (NA-E)
+16

Delgora county is run by the husband and wife team of Arisilde and Nienie Verdanis, working together to coordinate the success of our domain. Our lands will be the merger of 5 counties into one large county, ruled from the capital city of Delnoch. Though our personal interests are quite different, but our goals for the county are identical. To provide a relaxed and mature environment where people of diverse play styles can settle and build the game experience they are looking for. We value personality over perfection, because at the end of the day we’ll be spending a lot of time together, we need to enjoy each other’s company. Building a community of like minded players who work together toward the success of the county, and have a good time doing it.

We're taking a more flexible approach to our plans. in general, we aim to be a more economic focused county. A pillar of the duchy, and the kingdom as a whole. Much of the specifics are dependent on what tribe and biome we get, along with the interests of the citizens we attract. We currently have a fairly diverse group of mayors, with interest in a lot of different areas of trade and production, so whatever lands we get, we're sure to be able to capitalize on them. Keeping our plans flexible means we'll suffer less upheaval upon land selection, and allow for faster adaptation to our new lands.

Backstory of Count Arisilde Verdanis
Backstory of Countess Nienie Verdanis

Now that we have a fairly robust roster of mayors and barons, we can work toward laying out individual roles and focuses in order to formulate a comprehensive plan for exposition and onward. Beyond that, we are greatly interested in any guilds or businesses that want to settle in our county to help build up the economy. The goal is to create a well rounded society, where everyone has a role that not only benefits them, but the the county as a whole as well. We will prioritize individuals who can fill a role in which we are currently lacking, but we will work with those of common interests in order to spread our work force in a way that will promote greater profits for all.

Currently Pledged Backers:
Cloudstrike Truforna, Mayor - Township of Norrhaven
Crouse, Mayor - Township of Carver's Dell
Gilgilad Strife, Mayor - Township of Elysian Hold
Hugh Bris, Baron - Township of Bris
Tiernan Colborn, Mayor - Freeport
Crucius Rheuschek, Mayor - Township of Axtony
Tyr Halvar, Mayor - Ghallajorn
Moohasha, Mayor -
Finn, Mayor - Enclave
Effect, Baron -
Aerendyl Raloren, Mayor - Cesthei
Cedric De Lance, Baron - Launcel
Frederick Jahn III, Baron - Fort Pitt
Winterfield, Mayor -

Our ideal location is a forested river valley in the foothills of a large mountain range. The river will open up plenty trade opportunities, and be an excellent source of fish and other wildlife. The hills and mountains to supply ores, the plentiful stone we will need for construction, and the natural protection such a barrier would provide. Finally the forests, to provide the much needed wood for construction and the many other crafts that rely on it. Unless there is a compelling reason not to, I plan to plant trees on any unused land the county might have. Not only to provide more potential wood, but to encourage wildlife to flourish within the safety of the forests.

Ultimately, the biome we get will be dictated by our king. As members of his duchy, we'll end up with whatever he picks for himself. This choice will be made once we set eyes on our server's map, based on what lands offer the most tactical advantage to us as a kingdom, regardless of personal wishes. As a county, we're dedicated to making whatever biome we do end up with work in our favor, no matter which it is, we will thrive in it.

A County Assembly will be formed from the mayors, barons, and councilors. This group will report directly to the Count and Countess, and represent the wants and needs of their town during legislative discussions. This Assembly will make decisions at the county level. Each mayor and baron will form their own City Council from the guild leaders, business owners, large landowners, and other outstanding citizens of their town. These councils will make decisions at the town level.
The Count will generally accede to the will of the council, but retains the final say, and the right to go against a decision of the Assembly given just cause. The end goal is to have a system where every citizen’s voice is heard, the decisions made are chosen by the people, and that they are the ones that best meet the needs of the county.

List of job positions in the county

Our goal is to make the county as self sufficient as our local resources allow us to be. We want to attract enough diversity in players to cover each market available to us, and then focus on trade beyond the county’s borders to both fill in any gaps in our resources and to leverage our surplus into profits. My personal goals are to make my architectural guild a success so we always remain on the cutting edge of structural design, and to fund and operate our tinkering research guild aimed at pushing the boundaries of technology in our lands. Nienie will be maintaining our great conservatory, collecting and breeding animals of every kind that we have access to. She’ll be working toward breeding mounts and pets for sale, and possibly livestock if there’s a need for it. Beyond that, we are looking for other motivated people to come in and either form their own guilds and businesses, or bring in a group they already have. We are very open to working with people for the betterment of themselves and the county as a whole.

We would like to see all citizens have at least basic proficiency in at least one weapon so that with a small threat like a single bandit, or in a large emergency, the whole town can be mobilized in it’s own defense. This takes pressure off the army and the town guard from having to respond for every little threat, and while they are already quite busy during an emergency. Our barons will recruit, house, and train troops for the kingdom’s army. These troops will not be expected to enforce the law of the land like a guard would, unless specifically called upon to support the guard. This frees them to constantly focus upon improving their own gear and skills, and making sure our borders are secure at all times. They are intended to focus primarily on threats from outside the county. The guard will be tasked with maintaining the peace in our towns, and the lands surrounding them. They will police the towns, patrol the roads, and root out bandits that might try hiding out in the countryside. They are primarily focused on threats from within the county, but might be called upon to assist the army in times of crisis.

We don’t roleplay, but we will not stand in the way of anyone who choses to. We’re all about people being allowed to play the way they want. That said, as an RPer, you will have to understand that even if you RP toward someone, they won’t be obliged to RP back.

Like Vornair in general, Delgora does not have an official religion. Our citizens are free to follow whatever belief system they see fit as long as it breaks no laws, and does not otherwise disrupt the lives of other citizens.

That said, if in the future mechanics dictate that one religion or another is of more benefit to us, we'll likely push toward that at a governmental level, with individuals still able to follow whatever religion they so choose.

Watch our Vornair Q&A

Shoot me a PM for more information, or:

Join the Delgora discord

Learn more about the kingdom of Vornair

10/23/2016 12:39:14 AM #1
+2

Delnoch has always been a small region. It's people living simple lives, with the troubles of the world seeming very far away. The War of Many Banners changed all that. Delnoch was ill prepared for the armies that stormed across it's borders, taking what they would, and destroying what they could not carry off. The peasantry was ground beneath their boots. The land was thrown into turmoil.

These dark times finally eased with the end of the war, and the formation of the Vornair kingdom. The High King recognized Delnoch as a county in it's own right, and the land was able to begin it's healing. However, the mind of the count would prove far less resilient. He harbored a deep resentment for what had been done to his people, that slowly festered into rage. He became paranoid, xenophobic. His pathologic distrust of outsiders led him to close his borders, cutting his people off from the trade that sustained them, leading them even further into poverty. His children grew up in a household of fear, fed tales of the wickedness of the outside world. It was little surprise when his heir, Mateus, followed in his footsteps.

Under Mateus' rule, the county stagnated. Distrust of outsiders continued to starve trade. His severely conservative and traditional outlook stifled technology. The peasants trudged through their days in a miasma of bleak despair. The new count eventually married, but the union was one of expedience rather than love. His only concern was that of producing an heir. When his bride died in childbirth, his paranoia only grew, and he became convinced that even the gods were wicked and out to get him. Mateus resolved that his son would not be led astray by the devious influences he perceived all around him, so he kept him stiflingly close. Punishing him harshly for any imagined transgressions, with praise for good deeds next to non-existent. In his own misguided way, he thought he was protecting young Arisilde, but it only served to drive a wedge between them.

As Arisilde grew, so did his resentment of his father's domineering ways. This led him to ever increasing acts of rebellion. Pranks, shirking of duties, and insubordination grew into prolonged disappearances from the estate without a word. Naturally, the old count was furious. Attempting to take a more firm hand with Arisilde and break him of this behavior, the count grew into a tyrant. Arisilde's every move was watched. His every mistake pointed out and punished. It didn't take long for him to resolve to escape for good. He packed a small bag with supplies, and he left, vowing never to return. Traveling far a wide in his wandering, Arisilde marveled at the places he saw, and the people he found there. He was taken aback by the lives these people led, so rich with culture. Content and productive. So very different than back home. His love of exploration and discovery grew with each new adventure, leading him into the dark corners of far off lands.

One adventure too many found him where he had no business being, leading to disaster. Wounded and burning with fever, he barely escaped with his life. Arisilde found himself wandering, his fevered mind leading him without conscious thought. He finally collapsed deep within a wood, not far from the county of his birth. His subconscious mind had been leading him home, but his body simply could not manage the trip. The sound of a female's voice humming a quiet tune woke him. Opening his eyes, he discovered he was in a small cottage. Looking around the room grogily, he found the owner of the voice sitting besides the hearth, the sleek furred head of large beast in her lap. It's ears laid back as she stroked it's head. She turned her head at the sound of his movement, meeting his eyes with a bright grin.

Nienie nursed Arisilde back to health, and during their time together the two fell in love. Their opposing personalities somehow finding a compliment in each other. Once he was well enough to travel, Arisilde headed home to inform his father of his intent to marry. Upon arriving home, he discovered that his father had died, and that the manor's steward had been taking care of things for some time now. Arisilde took the reins of the county reluctantly, but he vowed to do everything in his power the be the opposite of his father in his rule. He would uplift the citizens. Make Delnoch a place worth living in once again. He married Nienie soon after, only then finding out that she was in fact a countess in her own right, and with their union her county of Isangora was merged to his. Delnoch and Isangora, became Delgora.

10/23/2016 12:39:21 AM #2
+2

My father was a member of the lower nobility. He was arranged to be wed to a young noble woman in an attempt to further the status of the family. My father did not love his wife, he grew to love another woman, a young seamstress who was not of noble blood. My father knew that he would not be able to marry a woman who was not noble but the temptation was too great and he lay with this woman in secret. My mother told my father that he was soon to have a daughter, but knowing that we would likely be killed for his indiscretion, he arranged for my mother to leave the city and stay in hiding.

My childhood was a happy one, I spent a lot of time in the woodland surrounding our little house. I would spend lots of time chasing after animals and playing in the streams and as I got older, I helped my mother gather herbs and other plants. My father would visit sometimes and I always loved his visits as I knew I would hear all about stories of grand adventures of the past. Once I was old enough, he taught me how to hold and shoot a bow and how to hunt animals if necessary. He taught me that nature was to be respected.

My mother died in my teenage years and after her death I remained in the forest/woods and took care of myself using the skills my father had taught me when I was younger. I did not hear much from my father in my teenage years and it was not until I turned 15 that I would hear about him again. I was approached by an adviser to my father who informed me that my father had died, and I was the only heir to the nobility. That the county of Isangora needed a countess and that meant me. At first I was unsure of whether it was appropriate for me to assume the position, and it would not be until later that I could accept my noble position with open arms.

My life changed forever when I met a young man in the woods. He was injured and clearly in need of assistance and I was always taught to take care of people in need. I took him back to my home and nursed him back to health. We talked of many things, about hunting and his adventuring. At some point during our time together we fell in love. I found out that Arisilde was of noble blood and that we would need to return to his kingdom to declare our marriage. After our marriage, I informed my husband of my heritage and that I was the sole heir to the county of Isangora. My husband’s talk of making a better and more progressive county, informed me that the right thing to do was to claim my place as the countess of Isangora. Thus we joined our counties together to form the great county of Delgora.

10/23/2016 12:39:26 AM #3
+0

saved

10/23/2016 12:39:31 AM #4
+0

saved

10/25/2016 1:07:22 PM #5
+1

Seems like a cool place to settle down.

10/25/2016 2:44:00 PM #6
+0

Thanks :) I sure hope to make it one. Just need to find some people to share the vision now!

11/2/2016 11:52:29 PM #7
+1

the kingdom of vornair has a pretty open stance on letting players choose the role they want and play as they like.

my question to you is, will you at least try to ensure this same ideology?

11/3/2016 1:17:45 AM #8

I'm looking at getting the Merchant tier and starting a small town or Inn on a river or coast during exposition.

Is this something that could be done in your County?

The Township of Bris, County Delgora. Friend Code B2CF9C Friend Code B2CF9C

11/3/2016 1:42:35 AM #9
+1

This is so cool! The story was well written and I love how the two of you are really getting into creating lore about yourselves. I'm going to have to get making my own. All I know so far is I want to be a blacksmith with a concentration in armor, I'm flirting with the idea of hand to hand, and I want to eventually be a well-known blacksmith or a valued player of some sort.

11/3/2016 1:50:40 AM #10
+1

Posted By Hugh Bris at 8:17 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

I'm looking at getting the Merchant tier and starting a small town or Inn on a river or coast during exposition.

Hello :) We are looking for anyone who wants to help be part of an open community. We may not be next to the coast but hopefully will have river access, as that is something I want myself. Although I am off to bed, feel free to jump into the discord if you want to get to know us better and chat about plans.

11/3/2016 1:51:50 AM #11
+0

Posted By Kysogos at 8:42 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

This is so cool! The story was well written and I love how the two of you are really getting into creating lore about yourselves. I'm going to have to get making my own. All I know so far is I want to be a blacksmith with a concentration in armor, I'm flirting with the idea of hand to hand, and I want to eventually be a well-known blacksmith or a valued player of some sort.

Glad you liked the stories. I think its important to at least setup the backstory for your character so that people can get a feel for the kind of environment you want to create.

11/3/2016 3:51:11 AM #12
+0

Posted By Nienie at 9:51 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

Glad you liked the stories. I think its important to at least setup the backstory for your character so that people can get a feel for the kind of environment you want to create.

Yeah, it is definitely important. I just don't know where to begin finding people to play with, especially with how far out we are. You mentioned in a comment to someone else that you won't be near the coast. Is there a way to see a map of where things will be or are you just basing that on lore? I went to the big recruitment website but maybe I'm missing something. Thank you!

11/3/2016 12:30:54 PM #13
+0

Posted By Kysogos at 10:51 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

Posted By Nienie at 9:51 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

Yeah, it is definitely important. I just don't know where to begin finding people to play with, especially with how far out we are. You mentioned in a comment to someone else that you won't be near the coast. Is there a way to see a map of where things will be or are you just basing that on lore? I went to the big recruitment website but maybe I'm missing something. Thank you!

There is no map as of yet. When she says that, it's based off the pans of the duchy we belong to. it doesn't mean 100% we will definitely not have coastline, but there are other duchies in our kingdom that are going to be naval/trade based that get first pick of the coastal regions. That's all :) So there's some chance we'll get coast, but I'd say a pretty good chance we'll at least have rivers. With 2 counties merged we'll have a good amount of land. It'd be hard to believe we wouldn't span a river somewhere in there!

11/3/2016 12:35:39 PM #14
+0

Posted By Mzku at 6:52 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

the kingdom of vornair has a pretty open stance on letting players choose the role they want and play as they like.

my question to you is, will you at least try to ensure this same ideology?

That's basically my entire goal for the county. I want to give people the freedom to chose their lifestyle. To make everyone's role fit into, and help bolster the community. The only real thing I can't say I'll support is people who prey on others within the county. The griefer lifestyle. It makes no sense for me to foster that kind of playstyle, as it's counterproductive to the healthy advancement of the county. I do not have an inherent problem with PVP or deviant players, but some restrictions have to be in place just for common sense. Don't target others in the county. There are laws, we have to enforce them. Other than that, I'd say we're open to anything someone wants to do, and furthermore, I relish the idea of people bringing their own individuality to the county. The more diverse we are, the stronger we are.

11/3/2016 12:38:46 PM #15
+1

Posted By Hugh Bris at 8:17 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

That's definitely a possibility. We'll have plenty of room, what with having 2 counties worth of space. There will be lots of room for people to start their own hamlets, and I'm sure at the end of the day there will be a number of pregenerated starter towns for people to claim and build up. I also like the idea of having inns out there for travelers to have a safe place to get in out of the night. There's a lot of value in that, and certainly some coin to be made for the owner ;)