COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA DOMAINS
Delgora County, Vornair (NA-E)

Delgora county is run by the husband and wife team of Arisilde and Nienie Verdanis, along with our large rouster of excellent settlement leaders, working together to coordinate the success of our domain. Our lands are the merger of 6 counties into one large county, making us the largest county on the map, ruled from the capital city of Delnoch.

Our goals for the county are simple: to provide a relaxed and mature environment where people of diverse play styles can settle and build the game experience they are looking for, to be a pillar of the duchy and the kingdom as a whole, to build a community of like minded players who work together toward the success of the county, and to have a good time doing it. We value personality over perfection, because at the end of the day we’ll be spending a lot of time together, we need to enjoy each other’s company. If any of this sounds intriguing, come say hello. Maybe we’re the right place for you.

As a primarily Hrothi county, we aim to be more economics and industry focused, with an eye to defense rather than offense. We plan to capitalize on all the resources in the domain. Now that DSS is concluded we have a fairly robust roster of mayors and barons, but there are still a few settlements I would like to fill, as well as a myriad of smaller villages and hamlets that are open to enterprising souls. Below is a list of the settlements I am interested in pairing with a mayor. Please contact me if you have an interest in one of them.

Open Settlements

We are also greatly interested in any guilds or businesses that want to settle in our county to help build up the economy or fill vital functions. If you have an organization you are looking to find a home for, contact me and we can see if you are a good fit.

The goal is to create a well rounded society, where everyone has a role that not only benefits them, but the county as a whole as well. We will work with those of common interests in order to spread our work force in a way that will promote greater profits for all.

Currently Pledged Settlement Leaders:
Mayor Marovec V’Ralt: Royalhook
Baron Frederick Jahn III: Gartburnt Creek
Mayor Tiernan Colborn: Crossbow
Baron Effect: Montmount
Mayor Crouse: Pontamber Arch
Mayor Crucius Rheuschek: Gartpot Pass
Baron Hugh Bris: Darkbattle Vale
Baron Cedric De’Lance: Longcutter Head
Mayor Cloudstrike Truforna: Auchsage
Mayor Winterfield: Little Stoneal
Mayor Nienie: Coldania
Mayor Aerendyl Raloren:Whitelawn Den
Mayor Ava: Gartpole
Baron Uthar Stonehand: Gartburly
Mayor Moohasha: Arrowworth
Mayor Tyr Halvar: Aucharm
Mayor FG: Den Jaunderbreak
Mayor Majestyk: Blackpole Barrows
Mayor Avery Ravensong: Wrighthope (TBD)

Our location is a forested river valley on the edges of a large mountain range, divided between the transitional northern forests and the mountainous alpine tundra. The river will provide plenty of trade opportunities, as well as an excellent source of freshwater, fish, and other wildlife. It also serves as an extensive travel network, more closely tying together the various settlements throughout the county, making our huge county seem just a bit less sprawling. The hills and mountains supply bountiful ores and stone, the forests provide much needed wood that is relatively scarce in the biome. Our region has a very diverse selection of professions spread among it’s 37 settlements. Truly there is something for just about everyone.

A County Assembly will be formed from the mayors, barons, and councilors. This group will report directly to the Count and Countess, and represent the wants and needs of their town during legislative discussions. This Assembly will make decisions at the county level. Each mayor and baron will form their own City Council from the guild leaders, business owners, large landowners, and other outstanding citizens of their town. These councils will make decisions at the town level.
The Count will generally accede to the will of the council, but retains the final say, and the right to go against a decision of the Assembly given just cause. The end goal is to have a system where every citizen’s voice is heard, the decisions made are chosen by the people, and that they are the ones that best meet the needs of the county.

Draft list of job positions in the county

Our goal is to make the county as self sufficient as our local resources allow us to be. We want to attract enough diversity in players to cover each market available to us, and then focus on trade beyond the county’s borders to both fill in any gaps in our resources and to leverage our surplus into profits.

My personal goals are to make my architectural guild a success so we always remain on the cutting edge of structural design, and to fund and operate our engineering research guild, aimed at pushing the boundaries of technology on the server.

Nienie will be maintaining our great conservatory, collecting and breeding animals of every kind that we have access to. She’ll be working toward breeding mounts and pets for sale, the more exotic the better.

Beyond that, we are looking for other motivated people to come in and either form their own guilds and businesses, or bring in their already established group to join the community. We are very open to working with people for the betterment of themselves and the county as a whole.

We expect all citizens have at least basic proficiency in one weapon so that for small threats, or in a large emergency, the whole town can be mobilized in it’s own defense. This takes pressure off the army and county guard from having to respond to every little threat, and while they are naturally already quite busy during an emergency.

Our barons will recruit, house, and train troops for the kingdom’s army. These troops will not be expected to enforce the law of the land like a guard would, unless specifically called upon to support the guard. This frees them to constantly focus upon improving their own gear and skills, and making sure our borders are secure at all times. They are intended to focus primarily on threats from outside the county.

The guard will be tasked with maintaining the peace in our towns, and the lands surrounding them. They will police the towns, patrol the roads, and root out bandits that might try hiding out in the countryside. They are primarily focused on threats from within the county, but might be called upon to assist the army in times of crisis.

We (the count and countess) don’t roleplay personally, but we have a number of folks in the county who do, and will not stand in the way of anyone who chooses to. We’re all about people being allowed to play the way they want. That said, as an RPer, you will have to understand that even if you RP toward someone, they won’t be obliged to RP back. To each their own.

Like Vornair in general, Delgora does not have an official religion. Our citizens are free to follow whatever belief system they see fit as long as it breaks no laws, and does not otherwise disrupt the lives of other citizens.

That said, as a primarily Hrothi culture, the Virtori feature prominently in our region. In order to capitalize on mechanical benefits of this we'll likely push toward the Virtori at a governmental level, with individuals still able to follow whatever religion they so choose.

Watch our Vornair Q&A

Shoot me a PM for more information, or:

Join the Delgora discord

Learn more about the kingdom of Vornair

10/23/2016 12:39:14 AM #1
Some currently open settlements in the county.

If you are interested in any of these, or any of the other 11 free settlements not listed here, shoot me a message via discord (link in OP).

10/23/2016 12:39:21 AM #2

(reserved)

10/23/2016 12:39:26 AM #3

saved

10/23/2016 12:39:31 AM #4

saved

10/25/2016 1:07:22 PM #5

Seems like a cool place to settle down.

10/25/2016 2:44:00 PM #6

Thanks :) I sure hope to make it one. Just need to find some people to share the vision now!

11/2/2016 11:52:29 PM #7

the kingdom of vornair has a pretty open stance on letting players choose the role they want and play as they like.

my question to you is, will you at least try to ensure this same ideology?

11/3/2016 1:17:45 AM #8

I'm looking at getting the Merchant tier and starting a small town or Inn on a river or coast during exposition.

Is this something that could be done in your County?

The Township of Bris, County Delgora. Friend Code B2CF9C Friend Code B2CF9C

11/3/2016 1:42:35 AM #9

This is so cool! The story was well written and I love how the two of you are really getting into creating lore about yourselves. I'm going to have to get making my own. All I know so far is I want to be a blacksmith with a concentration in armor, I'm flirting with the idea of hand to hand, and I want to eventually be a well-known blacksmith or a valued player of some sort.

11/3/2016 1:50:40 AM #10

Posted By Hugh Bris at 8:17 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

I'm looking at getting the Merchant tier and starting a small town or Inn on a river or coast during exposition.

Hello :) We are looking for anyone who wants to help be part of an open community. We may not be next to the coast but hopefully will have river access, as that is something I want myself. Although I am off to bed, feel free to jump into the discord if you want to get to know us better and chat about plans.

11/3/2016 1:51:50 AM #11

Posted By Kysogos at 8:42 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

This is so cool! The story was well written and I love how the two of you are really getting into creating lore about yourselves. I'm going to have to get making my own. All I know so far is I want to be a blacksmith with a concentration in armor, I'm flirting with the idea of hand to hand, and I want to eventually be a well-known blacksmith or a valued player of some sort.

Glad you liked the stories. I think its important to at least setup the backstory for your character so that people can get a feel for the kind of environment you want to create.

11/3/2016 3:51:11 AM #12

Posted By Nienie at 9:51 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

Glad you liked the stories. I think its important to at least setup the backstory for your character so that people can get a feel for the kind of environment you want to create.

Yeah, it is definitely important. I just don't know where to begin finding people to play with, especially with how far out we are. You mentioned in a comment to someone else that you won't be near the coast. Is there a way to see a map of where things will be or are you just basing that on lore? I went to the big recruitment website but maybe I'm missing something. Thank you!

11/3/2016 12:30:54 PM #13

Posted By Kysogos at 10:51 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

Posted By Nienie at 9:51 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

Yeah, it is definitely important. I just don't know where to begin finding people to play with, especially with how far out we are. You mentioned in a comment to someone else that you won't be near the coast. Is there a way to see a map of where things will be or are you just basing that on lore? I went to the big recruitment website but maybe I'm missing something. Thank you!

There is no map as of yet. When she says that, it's based off the pans of the duchy we belong to. it doesn't mean 100% we will definitely not have coastline, but there are other duchies in our kingdom that are going to be naval/trade based that get first pick of the coastal regions. That's all :) So there's some chance we'll get coast, but I'd say a pretty good chance we'll at least have rivers. With 2 counties merged we'll have a good amount of land. It'd be hard to believe we wouldn't span a river somewhere in there!

11/3/2016 12:35:39 PM #14

Posted By Mzku at 6:52 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

the kingdom of vornair has a pretty open stance on letting players choose the role they want and play as they like.

my question to you is, will you at least try to ensure this same ideology?

That's basically my entire goal for the county. I want to give people the freedom to chose their lifestyle. To make everyone's role fit into, and help bolster the community. The only real thing I can't say I'll support is people who prey on others within the county. The griefer lifestyle. It makes no sense for me to foster that kind of playstyle, as it's counterproductive to the healthy advancement of the county. I do not have an inherent problem with PVP or deviant players, but some restrictions have to be in place just for common sense. Don't target others in the county. There are laws, we have to enforce them. Other than that, I'd say we're open to anything someone wants to do, and furthermore, I relish the idea of people bringing their own individuality to the county. The more diverse we are, the stronger we are.

11/3/2016 12:38:46 PM #15

Posted By Hugh Bris at 8:17 PM - Wed Nov 02 2016

That's definitely a possibility. We'll have plenty of room, what with having 2 counties worth of space. There will be lots of room for people to start their own hamlets, and I'm sure at the end of the day there will be a number of pregenerated starter towns for people to claim and build up. I also like the idea of having inns out there for travelers to have a safe place to get in out of the night. There's a lot of value in that, and certainly some coin to be made for the owner ;)