COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA ORGANIZATIONS
[NA-E] Happy Little Trees Animal Sanctuary

(originally posted by Nienie)

Here at Happy Little Trees we have one central mission; to improve the lives of the animals that live in our Kingdom. We believe that no creature in Elyria should have to live a life of being hunted to extinction and focus on trying to preserve animals in their natural habitats where possible. When this is not possible, we provide a safe home for these animals where they can feel safe and receive the medical care and attention that they need.

Elyria can be a tough place for the various wildlife that can inhabit it. Happy Little Trees expects there to be a significant drop in the population of animals within the first year of Elyria being inhabited. The goal of the rescue team will be locating those animals that are being threatened with extinction and bringing those animals to the sanctuary where they can be protected. The rescue team will be responsible for making sure that any animals are safe whilst in transit to and from the sanctuary.

The sanctuary will also provide rescue services for animals who are unwanted by their owners. Whilst the sanctuary does not condone abandoning animals, we feel that no creature should be forced to live in a place it is not wanted. Owners can bring their animals to the sanctuary in full confidence that their animal will have a safe new home.

Happy Little Trees will employ breeding programs to help improve the quantity of wildlife in Elyria. The sanctuary will focus on breeding at-risk species to ensure that these animals do not become extinct. The intensity of the breeding programs will vary depending on the assessed risk category of an animal. All breeding programs will be carried out as humanely, in a natural environment where possible. The intention of the breeding program is to eventually release these animals back into the wild and every effort will be made to do so.

For those animals who are unable to be released back into the wild for any reason, the sanctuary will house them in a large and natural environment. This ensures that these animals are able to enjoy a life where they can roam as they would in the wild. Happy Little Trees believes in the humane treatment of animals and will endeavour to provide a stress-free life for those creatures that live within the sanctuary.

Happy Little Trees believes in the ethical taming and breeding of animals and will offer a comprehensive animal adoption program. The sanctuary reserves the right to refuse to give an animal to any person who it deems to be an irresponsible owner, or who it suspects is intending to harm the animal. Happy Little Trees will have a modest adoption fee for those individuals who are interested in adopting an animal from the sanctuary. More information about how to adopt an animal will be available closer to the opening of the sanctuary.

Happy Little Trees is looking for anyone who wants to actively improve the lives of the animals in Elyria. Whilst our organisation is small, we hope to expand and be able to help the lives of more animals as time progresses.

We will be looking for people interested in the following roles:

Research - Involves tracking animals, observing animals in their natural habitats and making risk assessments to ascertain which animals are at-risk.

Breeders - Work directly with animals to encourage breeding. Facilitates breeding programs for at-risk animals. Breeds animals for commercial purposes.

Tamers - Work with wild animals to help tame them. Will be involved closely with animals that are not able to be put back into the wild. Will be part of the rescue team that work to bring animals safely to the sanctuary.

Volunteers - We welcome anyone who wishes to volunteer their time or animal expertise to our organisation. If you are interested in helping us out but can not commit to a full position then we are always looking for people to help take care of the animals, especially for unusual hours.

If you are interested in becoming part of our organisation then feel free to contact Nienie via the forums or post in this thread. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to respond to this post or use the contact information at the bottom of this post.

Happy Little Trees Sanctuary will be located close to the City of Delnoch. Delnoch is the capital city of the County of Delgora. Delgora is located in the Rhynelands and is part of the Kingdom of Vornair. Vornair is a NA-East Kingdom and as such we will only be able to recruit and provide service to individuals who are part of this server.

Discord links:

Delgora: Here

Learn more about the Kingdom of Vornair here: Link

Learn more about the County of Delgora here: Link

12/6/2016 1:25:53 PM #1

I love your idea of forming an animal sanctuary. Can we actually do all this in game? Tame and Breed the animals? I just recently heard about CoE, hence I am still a bit in the dark of what is all possible here.

I rescue animals in real life, so this would suite me just perfectly.

In July, I adopted a shelter dog and I also help out transporting rescue animals and I take in and care for stray cats (and make sure they get spayed/neutered).

So, yes I am interested in either volunteering or taking on a permanent position as either a field researcher (I like to play Ranger, but no worries, I will keep the arrows in my quiver lol) or as a Tamer.

I also like to craft, so that might be something I could help out with as well. Maybe use my crafting skills to get funding for the Sanctuary.

I'll make sure to check out your Discord.

12/6/2016 4:49:19 PM #2

Posted By Agrona at 07:25 AM - Tue Dec 06 2016

I love your idea of forming an animal sanctuary. Can we actually do all this in game? Tame and Breed the animals? I just recently heard about CoE, hence I am still a bit in the dark of what is all possible here.

I rescue animals in real life, so this would suite me just perfectly.

In July, I adopted a shelter dog and I also help out transporting rescue animals and I take in and care for stray cats (and make sure they get spayed/neutered).

So, yes I am interested in either volunteering or taking on a permanent position as either a field researcher (I like to play Ranger, but no worries, I will keep the arrows in my quiver lol) or as a Tamer.

I also like to craft, so that might be something I could help out with as well. Maybe use my crafting skills to get funding for the Sanctuary.

I'll make sure to check out your Discord.

Hello ! :)

Right now we do not really know much more than the fact that breeding and taming will be in the game. However we will be able to build and design on our land, so making the sanctuary itself should not be too much of a problem. I plan on training heavily into both breeding and taming myself as long as my countess duties do not take me away too much.

The sanctuary is still in its infancy right now but I'm going to need all the help I can get to help it grow. Also our county is the home of two guilds, for architecture and tinkering, and we are actively looking for people who want to craft so you would fit right in no matter what craft profession you want to pursue.

If you're interested, I recommend hanging out in the Delgora discord as you can meet the other people currently in our county there and get to know us all at the same time. Its also a little bit more lively than the sanctuary discord right now :)

12/31/2016 5:39:42 AM #3

Hi there! I've been skulking about the forums for a while now and have just happened across this little gem of a thread. I'll hop on discord as soon as I get over being ill (yay flu season!) and get to know you guys a little better but I am definitely more than interested in joining the Sanctuary.

I'm a wildlife rehabber and farmer in real life and-oddly enough-enjoy doing the same thing in games and RP so this is right up my ally. Perhaps, being a farmer, I could grow food for our notsoMann friends. Ahhh~ the possibilities!

Anyway, I look forward to contacting you guys and getting to know you all =] I'll be in touch for sure.

12/31/2016 6:04:16 AM #4

omg Nienie this is the cutest post I've seen in a long time

12/31/2016 6:22:30 AM #5

Now we just need the violent extremist version: angry little trees.

12/31/2016 11:16:41 PM #6

Posted By Vucar at 12:22 AM - Sat Dec 31 2016

Now we just need the violent extremist version: angry little trees.

Haha~ * begin narrative voice *

Angry Little Trees - A small group of assassins whose target is those who would poach and abuse the rights of the animals of Elyria. They are the darkness to equal the light for the good of Mann and the beasts they keep.

1/2/2017 7:31:35 AM #7

reminds me of when I let my daughter pick a show on netflix. Happy tree friends. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=165VjNKRNdw Yeah, she came running & crying, thx netflix.

1/2/2017 10:50:51 AM #8

Hello Im Sarah Mclachlan, will you be an angel for these helpless trison? Here at Happy little trees we save hundreds of endangered animals but for some help comes to late. You can help these poor hurting creatures with just a few payments of 10 gold a month. And in return we will send you a painting of one animal you helped save and a commerative goblet showing your support for these creatures.

1/2/2017 12:49:26 PM #9

Posted By Nohria at 11:39 PM - Fri Dec 30 2016

Hi there! I've been skulking about the forums for a while now and have just happened across this little gem of a thread. I'll hop on discord as soon as I get over being ill (yay flu season!) and get to know you guys a little better but I am definitely more than interested in joining the Sanctuary.

I'm a wildlife rehabber and farmer in real life and-oddly enough-enjoy doing the same thing in games and RP so this is right up my ally. Perhaps, being a farmer, I could grow food for our notsoMann friends. Ahhh~ the possibilities!

Anyway, I look forward to contacting you guys and getting to know you all =] I'll be in touch for sure.

Hey there :) We're always looking for more people and I'm glad you liked the post. Also farmers are always vital and we really need them in our county, so that would be very useful.

1/2/2017 8:16:51 PM #10

Posted By Drefan at 01:31 AM - Mon Jan 02 2017

reminds me of when I let my daughter pick a show on netflix. Happy tree friends. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=165VjNKRNdw Yeah, she came running & crying, thx netflix.

Great show ;)

5/27/2017 12:33:19 AM #11

Please move to Luna Organization

"Pledged to the betterment of the Studio and CoE through realistic, open, honest communication about what players can and will do with the mechanics you give them."

Come follow me on Twitch for CoE News and general hangout stuff n things! https://www.twitch.tv/adamrhyne