COMMUNITY - FORUMS - LUNA ORGANIZATIONS
(NA-E) S.T.E.A.M. Society for Tinkering, Engineering, Artifice, and Mechinization

S.T.E.A.M. is dedicated to the path of industrial progress. While other guilds focus on perfecting specific crafts, our goal is to push the boundaries of technology itself. We will be focused on expending our time and resources toward unlocking new fields of research. Gadgets, gizmos, upgrades, and innovations... the Society aims to squeeze every drop out of the tinkering skill line. Love steampunk? They say our tech can reach that era given our efforts. Let’s bring it into the world as quickly as possible, then ride around in our airships in triumph. Our labors will bring on a new age. You can be a part of it. Join us and lend your skills to making our dreams a reality.

Due to the hidden nature of the tech tree, we’ve determined that a more flexible approach to research will likely be more productive. With that in mind, we’ve designed a system to allow our work force to flow from one goal to the next with ease, and to be directed down multiple paths simultaneously without sacrificing productivity.

To complete each research goal, the initiative will have a dedicated team formed from the pool of available artisans, and an overseer appointed from the pool of available overseers. These teams will work together for the duration of the project, and then be disbanded upon it’s completion so their members can be refocused onto other goals. The size and composition of these teams will be determined by the task they are to perform, and the desired speed of it’s completion. Any artisan not currently on a project team can contribute to the research of any initiative at will, the teams are formed simply to insure enough focused effort to complete the research in a timely manner.

S.T.E.A.M. will work to build relationships with local guilds specialized in other crafts that would compliment the tinkering line, such as blacksmithing and woodworking, and businesses focused on the harvest and processing of raw materials like ores and wood. This is so that over time we can shift our focus from obtaining the raw materials onto using as close to 100% of our effort as possible on the research itself.

Guildmaster:

• Coordinates guild initiatives.
  • Plans out research goals and timeline.
  • Works out contracts with outside entities desiring research.
  • Handles performance evaluations for members and promotions.

Treasurer:

• Keeps track of guild funds and resources.
  • Works on fundraising and budgeting.
  • Handles payouts for contracts.

Initiate:

• Probationary member.
  • Will be promoted to artisan upon performance review after the successful completion of their first research initiative.

Artisan:

• General member of the guild.
  • Works on research projects.

Supplier:

• Works in the harvesting and transport of resources for guild projects.
  • Processes raw materials into usable items.
  • Purchase and transport materials from other sources.

Overseer

• Heads up the research team on a particular initiative.
  • Also takes part in the research.

S.T.E.A.M. will have it's main branch located in Delnoch city, the capital of the Grand Thanedom of Delgora, Duchy of the Rynelands, in the Kingdom of Vornair. For more information, shoot me a PM, or:

Join the S.T.E.A.M. discord

Join the Delgora discord

Learn more about the County of Delgora

Learn more about the kingdom of Vornair

11/21/2016 1:13:53 AM #1

Sounds awesome! Too bad you aren't West, I would have been interested in learning more. Good luck to your guild, def. sounds intriguing!

11/21/2016 1:23:32 AM #2

Love the concept! We should chat.

11/21/2016 5:37:05 AM #3

Posted By Ari at 7:13 PM - Sun Nov 20 2016

Sounds awesome! Too bad you aren't West, I would have been interested in learning more. Good luck to your guild, def. sounds intriguing!

Come on over to East ;)

Thanks though! I certainly hope to attract some like minded people to my county to get this rolling.

11/21/2016 5:37:42 AM #4

Posted By Rheika at 7:23 PM - Sun Nov 20 2016

Love the concept! We should chat.

Thanks! You can find me on the Vornair discord any time :)

11/21/2016 6:14:50 AM #5

This looks amazing! I look forward to seeing what you accomplish. Do you feel that you will have a technocratic guild leadership?

11/22/2016 10:26:39 PM #6

Posted By Pteroguin at 12:14 AM - Mon Nov 21 2016

This looks amazing! I look forward to seeing what you accomplish. Do you feel that you will have a technocratic guild leadership?

To a certain extent I would say yes. Ideally every member, from the newest initiate, to the guildmaster, will all actively be working on tinkering and related skills. The way the overseer position works also reinforces that, as most often people that get promoted to overseer will be those who have excelled as an artisan, so their skills will likely be higher than average. At the end of the day, personality will play some role, certainly. Can't have leadership that has no leaderships skills just because they have high crafting skills. That would certainly lead to a host of problems, but I think it will naturally evolve that all our leaders are of high skill.

Hopefully that answers your question :)

11/22/2016 10:41:53 PM #7

It does answer the question, in a logical way. Consider me impressed. Now to trick you to come to NA-W ;)

11/22/2016 10:41:53 PM #8

It does answer the question, in a logical way. Consider me impressed. Now to trick you to come to NA-W ;)

11/24/2016 12:57:51 AM #9

Posted By Pteroguin at 4:41 PM - Tue Nov 22 2016

I don't know man, maybe you need to migrate over to NA-E :P

5/27/2017 12:03:42 AM #10

Please Move to Luna Organizations

5/30/2017 10:55:44 PM #11

Well, I'll certainly be joining this.

5/31/2017 5:29:19 PM #12

Welcome aboard sir.

6/1/2017 1:44:11 AM #13

Certainly willing to support this guild in my town. If you or know someone that needs capital to start a guild, contact me.

Friend Code: FAE9AA

6/2/2017 12:56:41 PM #14

Posted By JackofShadows at 8:44 PM - Wed May 31 2017

Certainly willing to support this guild in my town. If you or know someone that needs capital to start a guild, contact me.

I'll certainly do that. Thanks for your interest :)

11/6/2017 3:09:16 AM #15

Very Interesting. I haven't decided on how want to play/ what profession I want to pursue yet but this is appealing. Do we know yet if there will be multiple professions? I could see some potential overlap and benefits to such,

Friend Code: EABB9D