COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE DOMAINS
[EU/Al-Khezam] Town of Three nights

SETTLEMENT OF THREE NIGHTS

Gojoshar traveler and well met.

The night is growing cold so come and sit by the campfire. Here. Help yourself to some of my rations - death by famine is not an honorable one. Are you traveling to Three nights like me? Oh, so you are lost? Then it must be fate that our paths cross. You are currently in the kingdom of Al-Khezam in the county of Sylesia situated in duchy of Skywind no more than a day from the town of Three nights. Indeed, that is where I am heading - Mayor Startaker is looking for all able-bodied men to help him rebuild the town. But why I am telling you this? Here read yourself - this is the letter from Mayor Startaker himself, the very letter that made me come.

LETTER FROM MAYOR

Dear reader, just by the very fact that this letter landed into your hands you should be one of those who still haven’t found their place in the grand design of things.

Firstly let me introduce myself. My name is Marelius of house Startaker, the mayor of Three nights, animal handler and farmer. I have been a drifter like you when younger but now I have a dream. Its name is Three nights. So for what reason has this writing seen the light of day?

HISTORY OF THE DREAM

To understand Three nights is to know its history. The history of reaching toward the stars.

The settlement of Three nights was founded by my grandfather Mern Stargazer. He spent most of his life gazing toward the skies. He was merely hunter and drifter who spent his whole life under the vast skies dreaming. One day as he was looking at starry skies a star he has never laid eyes upon before came to light up the that night’s darkness. A dreamer he was he took it to be a sign. With his horse he rode in the direction of the star. Three days straight without rest or comfort of campfire. That third night he found the star of his life.

My grandmother Mirtal was a minor aristocrat. Before being chased away from her family estate she witnessed her town be consumed by fire. The Deamon zealots burned it to ground when she refused to embrace Daemon worship. I hear that these zealots were hanged for their crimes by order of Nirathii king but it wasn’t until later. They chased her through the countryside and eventually caught up to her.

Mern said that on that night he saw the most beautiful woman in rags that used to be dress and covered in filth surrounded by a number of brutes. By the time he arrived both her legs were already broken by hammers. She could only crawl while in pain. Such pain, such humiliation. But the star shined brighter than ever before and Mern knew what to do. All the questions I later asked about that night were answered by silence. Only Mirtal’s tongue once slipped as she said that bodies of those men were never buried. Grandmother never regained use of her legs.

Together they later founded Three nights in memory of Mern’s chase toward his future. Father of our blessed king Usifan confirmed Mirtal’s title and house Startaker was formed. Startaker familial motto that I now carry proudly comes from the chronicles Mern left behind. „For blessed is not the one who gazes at stars. You must reach further.“

When I introduced myself I said I am many things. One of those I haven’t mentioned is unfillial son. My mother Tessa died in labour. And my father Tachad who raised me... wasn’t a great man – he was arrogant and close-minded but he did all he could to be a great mayor for Three nights. And I can’t deny that under his leadership Three nights prospered. I was barely of age when we had argument and I left the town never to return.

I shunned the name I carried and left house Startaker behind. Marelius the pilgrim I called myself. As I traveled far and wide across Al-Khezam kingdom I visited a lot of places never staying long in one place. I made friends with people in Order of Wisdom and Learning and stayed with them for a time.

Then a friend, Hades, came to me as bearer of bad news. Three nights were gone. Devoured by fire. My hometown was gone just like that. There has always been Startaker in Three nights but there was Three nights no more. The dream was dead. Then I met chronicler, Terecius was his name and he spoke of destruction he witnessed there. „...how many things will never be finished for the hand of crafter went limp and disappeared in oblivion? There is no need for it as there are no people to need its product. Three nights died and its people with it. The sign of rest will not be hanged, nor the tombstone erected with chastening words engraved in its face.“

I spent my days as if in daze. I became a pilgrim once more and one day my feet led me back home. Three nights were not gone. The town is in ruins. Asleep. There was Startaker in Three nights before and now... there was one again.

The town is being rebuilt again. I am not that young man who despised his father. Now I only hope to become half as great as him. I fly colors of house Startaker proudly and carry the dream.

Which brings me to you. The dream is alive but it is not mine. Live it with me. Come join me in the rebuilt Three nights fellow Elyrian.

JOIN THE DREAM – DIVERSITY IS KEY

As things stand right now town will have strong focus on agriculture and animal breeding. That is to make sure that citizens won't suffer hunger and always have beasts of burden to help in our endeavours. The crafters are backbone of any town and as such they will be treated. Should a crafter join Three nights crafting station for his profession will be provided. We are not only looking for blacksmiths, woodworkers and builders. Any crafter is welcome no matter how skilled or how rare his profession is. We also have close ties with O.W.L. - Order of Wisdom and Learning and we can help each other with further research and any academic pursuits you might have. During my travels I also met a number of herbalists and healers and as such I have utter respect for them as such my invitation is also extended to them. In honor of my grandfather I also welcome any explorer, hunter or drifter. My grandmother said that music and art is one of life’s great pleasures and so it is my hope that Three nights will be blessed by being home to musicians, painters and storytellers. While speaking of art I have one personal request to make – I am in search of sculptor, whom I would like to commission to create a sculpture of qin of solitude, Selene, for town square. Solitude many of us felt by being left by loved ones before coming to Three nights will be remembered and hopefully overcome. What town would it be without village idiot? The need extends even here. The last but not least are the dreamers – anyone with a dream or who will share mine is forever welcome to Three nights.

BIOME AND LANDS

Three nights is most likely somewhere between grasslands and lush green forests allowing lone traveler to rest in shade on way. The area is suitable for farming and keeping livestock. But do not be fooled by beautiful nature there might be danger lurking outside of town borders.

ECONOMY AND TRADE

In Three nights you have absolute freedom to follow your dreams, develop your trade, build up your business. House Startaker will try its utmost to support any worthwhile endeavor and will not restrict your trading be it within our kingdom or with our neighbors. We hope to become an important trade hub which provides all sort of opportunities. Also branches of guilds or schools are welcome addition to our community.

RELIGION

Three nights respects freedom of religion. You are free to follow whatever religion you wish as long as you do not try to force your beliefs on others and it does not require you to do any unlawful acts. That said the town mayor is a believer of Selene, qin of solitude. May we be protected by her and our community flourish. For the obvious reasons associated with founding of Three nights worship of Deamon is discouraged but not forbidden by any means.

MILITARY

As Three nights are being rebuilt we are focusing more on building infrastructure and trade. For know there is no plan for keeping permanent garrison. In time there might arise a need to create temporary volunteer militia. We might negotiate with nearby baronies to help keep our town safe.

KINGDOM

Rebuilding of Three nights was sanctified by his august majesty king Usifan of Al-Khezam and as such its citizens are his loyal subjects and subjects of any and all laws of Al-Khezam. May his majesty’s reign is long and prosperous.

THE DREAM ITSELF

So you now know everything there is to know about Three nights or house Startaker. All there is left is the dreaming itself. Will you dream with me?

If you would like to offer your help in rebuilding or have some questions send me a raven or visit Three nights yourself (here). Fare thee well.

Pledged to rebuilding of Three nights and well-being of its citizens. Signed Marelius of house Startaker, mayor of Three nights and faithful subject of his august majesty king Usifan of Al-Khezam.

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

Oh, so you are leaving Three nights? Want to travel more before settling down? I understand. If you want to it would be my pleasure to introduce you to some fine people out there.

Within Skywind duchy is situated a group of healers and herb gatherers. They sometimes call themeselves Servants of spiritual nature. They are sworn to protect the wounded and heal the sick. They are always looking for new ways to keep those around us alive. Do you share the goals of Shamans of Skywind?.

Order of Bylindu is still searching for every piece of lore concerning The Great Bylindu, father of all herbalists and alchemists as we believe. My friends would surely welcome more like-minded herbalists and alchemists.

O.W.L. - Order of Wisdom and Learning is an Academia. Gathering of researchers of any kind who share their knowledge and provide opportunities for each other and devote themselves for further continuation of their proud tradition. Any researcher, scribbler or teacher will be appreciated.

I wish you safe travels, my friend.

Disclaimer - things might be subject to change depending on actual game mechanics or land selection but I will try my utmost to stick to original idea

Proud Mayor of Three Nights settlement

4D2B03

6/5/2017 7:49:38 PM #1

reserved

4D2B03

6/5/2017 9:17:37 PM #2

Very nice post! Three Nights will surely make a wonderful addition to our Al-Khezam family!

6/5/2017 9:59:21 PM #3

Thoroughly enjoyed reading your story.

You will reach further son of Tachad son of Mern Stargazer, and the memory of Mirtal will always be written in the stars by the Qins i swear.

Duke Usifan Banner

6/7/2017 8:21:22 AM #4

Nice post!

May the legacy of the Startaker family live on forever!

6/9/2017 7:52:12 PM #5

Hear ye! Hear ye!

Mayor Marelius of house Startaker has just returned from his visit to Silverspire, ducal seat of Skywind duchy. The talks with his grace Julius Jardine, duke of Skywind have proved fruitful and as such we have a proclamation to make!

It is to be known that as of this day house Startaker and in its name town of Three nights renews the age old pledge of allegiance and unwavering loyalty to house Jardine.

The dream is stronger than ever before.

4D2B03

6/10/2017 12:17:50 AM #6

It is an honor to have you and the settlement of Three Nights join Skywind! I look forward to working together!

6/11/2017 9:06:22 PM #7

Beautifully written! Can't wait to visit the Three Nights on one of my many travels through Al-Khezam :)

"Traveling - it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller." - Ibn Battuta

6/12/2017 10:56:34 AM #8

Posted By Wisibe at 11:06 PM - Sun Jun 11 2017

Beautifully written! Can't wait to visit the Three Nights on one of my many travels through Al-Khezam :)

We would be happy to receive you as an honored guest any time!

6/12/2017 9:05:27 PM #9

Very well written :)

I'm impressed.

6/19/2017 6:06:32 PM #10

Path to Skywind

I have to put down the sack of grain to measure him critically. I don my shirt and turn to meet him.

"My name is Marelius of house Startaker, mayor of Three nights. What would you require of me?"

"I have message for your Duke so show me the way to ducal seat of Skywind and I will be on my way."

"Sure come with me to Misty night inn so you can refresh yourself while I show you the maps."

"There are many who come to Duchy of Skywind these days. Just travel down this path to reach Silverspire, its ducal seat. And take this letter - it will assure you are granted audience with our Duke, his grace Julius Jardine"

Dream of Skywind

House Startaker and in extension Town of Three nights sends heartfelt congratulations to his grace Julius Jardine, duke of Skywind for finishing his forum post!

4D2B03

6/19/2017 7:05:12 PM #11

I, Steward of Skywind and Leader for the Shamans of Skywind, would like to congratulate yourself in completing this forum and would like to say this was one interesting post!

I hope your legacy is a successful one!

6/19/2017 11:55:17 PM #12

Posted By Marelius at 8:06 PM - Mon Jun 19 2017

Path to Skywind

I have to put down the sack of grain to measure him critically. I don my shirt and turn to meet him.

"My name is Marelius of house Startaker, mayor of Three nights. What would you require of me?"

"I have message for your Duke so show me the way to ducal seat of Skywind and I will be on my way."

"Sure come with me to Misty night inn so you can refresh yourself while I show you the maps."

"There are many who come to Duchy of Skywind these days. Just travel down this path to reach Silverspire, its ducal seat. And take this letter - it will assure you are granted audience with our Duke, his grace Julius Jardine"

Dream of Skywind

House Startaker and in extension Town of Three nights sends heartfelt congratulations to his grace Julius Jardine, duke of Skywind for finishing his forum post!

Thank you for your heartfelt congratultations and well written lore! Loving it! :-)