COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Playing Style? [POLL]

Playing Style what style of play are you bring to Elyria?

7/25/2017 12:05:02 PM #1

I'll be focused mainly on crafting, adventuring and PVE. I have no intention of being a griefer.

7/25/2017 12:28:13 PM #2

My focus will be alchemy and exploration. Tho I will delve in politics quite a bit.

7/25/2017 1:21:25 PM #3

Adventurers have taken the lead in poll.

7/25/2017 1:59:06 PM #4

Atm I'm most interested in PvE adventuring/exploring, crafting especially armor and weapons and some deviant stuff aswell but I have no interested in griefing or combat PvP (maybe little tricksy social PvP they mentioned). It would be fun to try an steal from NPCs and trick them with the social mechanics, will have to see after testing in beta >;)

"Give it a try", whispered the heart. || Adventuring on EU

7/25/2017 2:07:43 PM #5

What would a 'miner' qualify as? It's not really crafting.

Sage willing to help with Purity (if you spot me on Discord and have some Plague on your account that could be nullified with a trade, drop me a message on Discord)

7/25/2017 2:13:56 PM #6

Posted By karat76 at 08:05 AM - Tue Jul 25 2017

I'll be focused mainly on crafting, adventuring and PVE. I have no intention of being a griefer.

Sounds like you are saying PvP = griefing, someone will be triggered by this..

7/25/2017 2:26:23 PM #7

Posted By Logain at 10:07 AM - Tue Jul 25 2017

What would a 'miner' qualify as? It's not really crafting.

Crafting/Dungeon maybe you are carving out tunnels to mine. Maybe I should of added gathering.

7/25/2017 2:33:35 PM #8

Tunneling/ architecture focus on the crafting systems. Maybe a bit of PVE but will have to wait to see how the interface operates before can say for certain.

7/25/2017 2:38:42 PM #9

Posted By Deftly at 10:13 AM - Tue Jul 25 2017

If you don't understand how pvp works in CoE you might fall victim to deviant acts. I plan on being prepared for all pvp/deviant actions and have a good understanding of the tactics. So you might not plan on doing them, but you might not have a choice. They will be part of the game and players need to be aware of how it can affect them.

7/25/2017 2:53:37 PM #10

Posted By Iccubus at 10:38 AM - Tue Jul 25 2017

If you don't understand how pvp works in CoE you might fall victim to deviant acts. I plan on being prepared for all pvp/deviant actions and have a good understanding of the tactics. So you might not plan on doing them, but you might not have a choice. They will be part of the game and players need to be aware of how it can affect them.

True but depending on punishments and the community this game still has the potential not to turn into a Darkfall or Shadowbane which were little more than virtual prison yards. Controls need to exist or the griefers will ruin this game for pvp and pve.

7/25/2017 3:12:10 PM #11

Posted By karat76 at 2:05 PM - Tue Jul 25 2017

if you think that pvp is griefing go play a single player game

7/25/2017 3:21:44 PM #12

Posted By karat76 at 10:53 AM - Tue Jul 25 2017

Posted By Iccubus at 10:38 AM - Tue Jul 25 2017

True but depending on punishments and the community this game still has the potential not to turn into a Darkfall or Shadowbane which were little more than virtual prison yards. Controls need to exist or the griefers will ruin this game for pvp and pve.

I agree with you, I think Caspian has said CoE will have controls in place. I understand the risk of going outside the laws. But it will be fun to push the envelope to see what you can get away with in game.

7/25/2017 4:39:18 PM #13

I think most people have no intention of griefing tbh, but it's to be expected that people will be sneaky and deviant. It is a survival game, you will need every advantage to survive, or at least that's how I will ultimately play.

I'm very interested in the political gameplay and how it will work with the survival aspects. Game of Elyria's Thrones :D

"Give it a try", whispered the heart. || Adventuring on EU

7/25/2017 4:57:40 PM #14

Highly skilled Pvper/Deviant players are the ones that don't get caught. Political games shall be interesting most will never know these things are even going on.

Don't plan on grieving anyone, but not trusting all the whispers of the 7 kingdoms either.

7/25/2017 6:42:17 PM #15

I'm not the biggest fan of pvp or raiding. The last time I enjoyed pvp was during my days on DAoC. I'm not the kind of person that will walk around killing people at random but I could see myself hunting down bandits or participating in wars.