COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA DOMAINS
NA-W Ostengrad, duchy of Drakeolme, Kingdom of Blackheart

Ostengrad

Horse hooves thudded as the merchant cart approached the border of Ostengrad. The merchant inhaled and looked to his guards "Keep yer wits about you boys. Strange tales be comin from within these borders." He took a moment to take in its dark beauty before leading his horse into the forest's embrace.

The forest was enormous, shadowy, and ancient. Its canopy was eclipsed by the tall reach of twisted oaks, their leaves and branches allowed for just enough light to pass down for a small sliver of hope that one would make it out. The bark of these ancient oaks seemed blackened and charred, almost as if fire and ash from a battle long ago had choked the very life from the forest. A variation of beastly noises, which were caused by small creatures, resonated through the air, and were strangely synchronized with the sounds of a fight over dominance between larger animals off in the distance. The journey to Ostengrad's capitol would be long, but what riches awaited at the end of the road.....

The County

Welcome to the County of Ostengrad! The county of Ostengrad Is a county with a strong focus on RP/PVE/PVP. We are located in the Duchy of Drakeolm within the kingdom of Blackheart. We evolved from a smaller religious order into a community that now spans almost 50 individuals with different likes and wants. To better facilitate our members we decided to upgrade our pledges with the belief that it would provide our members with enough space be to grow and thrive within our own domain. We are primarily seeking those that have an interest in a more dark and grim medieval theme but all are welcome! Our interests thrive heavily on a good economy, as well as producing elite Knights, In terms of County gameplay we will be focused primarily on defense rather than expansion.

Settlements//locations of interest

Gelvira

There are very few places that can compare to the capitol city of Ostengrad. Located within the deepest part of the forest this city serves as a faint beacon of light to those that find themselves facing the horrors that roam the wood. Its sprawling streets, ever burning lanterns, and vigilant guards provides the perfect place to rest and recoup before continuing your adventure. It also the County seat of power and home to Lord Vaeltharin Velarius as well as the Velarius family.
  • Mayor Zuljiin Raynoldus,

Wulfsfall

Nestled in the northern part of Ostengrad where the cold and snow sometimes drift from the mountains lay the small village of Wulfsfall. While someone strange in their ways these individuals are hardy and dont mind getting their hands dirty.
  • Mayor Hauser Velarius

Broken Horn Keep

-Not too far from Gulvira lies the forbidden fortress of the Order. It is considered sacred ground and those that travel in its direction should be wary, the Knights that keep its sanctity are not ones to be trifled with.
  • Grandmaster Gelathius Velarius
Hoelbrak - (WIP)

- Hoelbrak; Is a Major City that has establish a large military fort under the command of Viscount Riku. The City of Hoelbrak will mainly establish trades through sea (if available) and focus on husbandry.
  • Mayor John
Alchemist shop-(WIP)
  • Alchemist Mindfire
Godfather Trade Co.-(WIP)
  • Adam
Ebonbow Smithy-(WIP)
  • Garris Brokqual

Guilds of Ostengrad

The Order of the White Stag.

The Order of the White Stag is the primary religous Order within the county of Ostengrad. To become one of its members you must be chosen to be apart of its ranks. When called upon the mission of the Order is to hunt for religious artifacts as well as purge the forest of any evil that its members come across. It is said that many die during the trials to become a Knight of the White stag.
  • Grandmaster Gelathius Velarius

The Order of Ebonbow

The Order of Ebonbow is crafting guild that came to be through the wake of the Order of the White Stag. That being said the HQ of OoEB is in Gelvira, The county of Ostengrad's capital, while at the same time the guild has made agreements with different jarls/ thanes in the Clan Hammerbull Collective to build satellite branches in their towns. The main goal of the guild is to practice the crafts of the land while keeping the local troops well equipped by crafting/ repairing their equipment. The crafters of the guild are also allowed to improve their combat skills as a way to either support the local area through the frontlines or to find ways to improve the efficiency of the weapons/ armour.
  • Mayor Zuljiin Raynoldus

Skyhold Knights

The Skyhold Knights are a mercenary guild that have stood as some of the best hired swords around. They will protect you or your goods with their lives. Assuming you have the coin....
  • Warden

The Dread Legion...

The Dread Legion is the County's primary military force, and terms of service will last a mandatory 4 years Elyrian time. The bulk of the dread legion will be made up of mostly npc forces with player Commanders at the head of their forces. In addition, settlements that make their home within the borders of Ostengrad are highly encouraged to bring up and maintain their own militia forces to defend their settlements from those that would burn them down. If interested in being a commander within the Dread legion please don't hesitate to jump in our discord and ask!

Interested?

If you are interested in bringing your settlement into the county please feel free to hop in our Discord! there is usually someone around that will be able to help you out!

For Guilds

If you are a Guildmaster or a representative of your guild and wish to open an outpost or a branch within the county we currently have no rules against such an endeavor as it is good for trade and building relations so if interested or would like to know more please get into contact with either myself, Lord Riku or Zuljiin Raynoldus. Thank you!

9/13/2017 11:56:41 AM #1

Well done Vaeltharin!

9/13/2017 3:06:45 PM #2

A Mighty post indeed.

9/13/2017 9:03:37 PM #3

This post is still a WIP but will be updated regularly as time goes on! Until then please feel free to jump in to the discord!

9/27/2017 5:05:44 PM #4

Great Post. Long Live Ostengrad.

12/4/2018 1:30:39 AM #5

Hail Elyrians, the county of Ostengrad still has plenty of room!

4/20/2019 8:10:50 AM #6

Truly a great bunch of lads to get to know, cant wait to drink ale in their halls and share many an adventure together!!!!!

4/30/2019 3:04:49 PM #7

Thank the Two-Fold Queen that such fine m̶e̶a̶t̶s̶h̶i̶e̶l̶d̶s̶ and proper, well groomed gentlemen are here to keep the e̶n̶e̶m̶y̶ heathens at bay. For now I am afforded the opportunity to continue work on my O̶r̶b̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶D̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶R̶a̶y̶ totally ornamental and definitely not a launch platform for O̶r̶b̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶D̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶R̶a̶y̶s̶ things architectural masterpiece!

5/12/2019 5:30:35 AM #8

Posted By Trulhammaren at 08:04 AM - Tue Apr 30 2019

Thank the Two-Fold Queen that such fine m̶e̶a̶t̶s̶h̶i̶e̶l̶d̶s̶ and proper, well groomed gentlemen are here to keep the e̶n̶e̶m̶y̶ heathens at bay. For now I am afforded the opportunity to continue work on my O̶r̶b̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶D̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶R̶a̶y̶ totally ornamental and definitely not a launch platform for O̶r̶b̶i̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶D̶e̶a̶t̶h̶ ̶R̶a̶y̶s̶ things architectural masterpiece!

Almost as fun as the original post! :-P

5/13/2019 5:15:54 AM #9

Still interested? Feel free to hop in our discord!

5/14/2019 3:48:02 AM #10

Great artwork and write-up. I'm going to have to add some to mine. Really great to be a part of Blackheart. So many to learn from.

5/15/2019 2:16:33 AM #11

Posted By Jhereg at 10:48 PM - Mon May 13 2019

Great artwork and write-up. I'm going to have to add some to mine. Really great to be a part of Blackheart. So many to learn from.

Much appreciated, Drakeolm has treated us well since we migrated. Time flies!

5/19/2019 11:51:11 PM #12

Ostengrad is still open to citizen

6/2/2019 4:43:08 AM #13

GGGGGGAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR

The Tavern Tales Story Teller