COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Upcoming Discord changes

Greetings Elyrians!

As you are probably aware, our current chat client Discord recently added the option categorize channels to better differentiate sections and conversations for users of the service.

We have been evaluating our Discord channels, and after much discussion and planning, we will be making the following changes later this evening.

Below, please find a list of the coming changes:

New categories added

(categories shown in bold italics – order shown is new configuration)

Beginners – start here!
.#welcome
.#newcomer-questions

Announcements
.#official-updates (renamed)
.#community-notice-board (renamed – new rules)

Elyria general
.#coe-common-room
.#offtopic-tavern
.#coe-memes (renamed – will be open to public posting)

Roleplaying
.#dance-of-dynasties

Library
.#soul-chamber
.#lore
.#media

Support
.#bug-reports

Change details

1. #official-updates: This channel’s purpose is the same as before but will now be better identified.
  2. #community-notice-board: The original purpose of this channel remains, yet the moderator team will be more lenient in the types of community announcements allowed to be posted here. Please be thoughtful when posting and try to make your post concise. Do not repeat content here more than once a week.
  3. #coe-memes: This channel is renamed, but also is now open to community members who want to post memes specific or related to Chronicles of Elyria. Memes that do not meet this criterion or are deemed inappropriate will be removed. Moderators are the final arbiters regarding a meme being removed.
  4. Voice channels added: Since the new category setup allows voice channels to be intermixed with text channels, we decided to try an experiment to foster more voice conversations. Historically, voice channels often go unused as they are rarely seen at the bottom of the channel listing. Initially, we are adding the following to the Elyria general category:
    • The Inn (topics the same as #coe-common-room)
    • The Tavern (topics the same as #offtopic-tavern)

Note: The voice channels mentioned above in #4 are governed by the same rules and guidelines of the Chronicles of Elyria Discord server. If you encounter a problem or violation of our guidelines, please contact a moderator, super moderator, or an admin.

We appreciate your support during this evolution of our Discord server!

If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to respond to this thread.

More to come…

"Stupid questions make more sense than stupid mistakes."

10/3/2017 1:34:08 AM #1

I look forward to this change as it would increase efficiency within the discord and bring some of the voice channels from the bottom. This allows people that are paying attention to common room to at least be able to see the voice channels on the same screen without scrolling down.

10/3/2017 2:43:29 AM #2

... confused.

10/3/2017 4:21:54 AM #3

Good redesign and cleanup, thanks Serp. I especially enjoyed the parts where it says "more lenient" and "open to community members" ;)

10/3/2017 9:11:54 AM #4

Would someone please provide the discord link so that I can join in on the chat and get more information from people please

10/3/2017 10:10:28 AM #5

Posted By Puffs at 11:11 AM - Tue Oct 03 2017

Would someone please provide the discord link so that I can join in on the chat and get more information from people please

Here you go: https://discord.gg/xkWeDm3

10/4/2017 6:54:58 PM #6

Love the new organization, Serpentius and team! :) Very streamlined and quick to access now!

Sha'harizi County - Capital City of Ah'wena - Countess Aria - Kitlandria!

10/6/2017 3:01:14 AM #7

Talking of Discord... just got more wheels for it!

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/121811432747565056/365693632801406977/2017-10-05.png?width=405&height=494

D'y'all got it?

10/7/2017 5:54:19 AM #8

Thank you!

10/7/2017 6:04:20 AM #9

Posted By Puffs at 01:54 AM - Sat Oct 07 2017

Thank you!

If you have any other questions like that feel free to ask on the forums or in the newcomer-questions channel on the Discords Puffs!

10/8/2017 8:32:58 AM #10

I'm glad that you guys are making changes to help better the community, you put a lot of time and effort and it means a lot to the community as a whole ^.^ I look forward to more changes that help make it a better community.

The categories are well organized and make the discord look cleaner so thank you for making that change, also even though they aren't used now its good that you guys added/moved around the voice channels because they have been being used quite a bit lately and I hope to see them used more in the future!