COMMUNITY - FORUMS - SELENE GENERAL
World Wildlife Fund (WWF) A Zoo in Selene server.

The proposal to build a world-class exotic and native animal conservation and exhibition facility, in the heart of Western Arkadia, has been given the greenlight by King Raziel.

Set to become one of Elyria’s major family attractions, the Zafari Zoo will exhibit a wide range of iconic animal species. By using modern exhibit design and a safari-like experience for visitors.

The private investors behind this exciting opportunity are a collection of successful Dukes, Counts and private entrepreneurs and of course King Raziel himself with extensive experience developing animal conservation and exhibition facilities and tourism.

Managing Director General and owner Gaivs, said that “Arkadia Zafari Zoo embraces the new zoo paradigm. We place animal welfare above all considerations in our operations. We will display our animals in naturalistic settings and promote natural behaviours. This will promote awareness and an affinity with animals, improving our educational outcomes and increasing the willingness of people to value and protect them.”

Arkadia Zafari Zoo will position itself as Elyria’s most technologically advanced and innovative Zoo with best practice animal welfare techniques, new standards in exhibit design and interactive learning.

Arkadia Zafari Zoo will feature an integrated Elyrian heritage program, focusing on the local tropical people of Western Elyria. The program will present the ways in which the local people interacted with local flora and fauna allowing visitors to explore different Elyrian cultures and history in a completely unique way. The program will be developed in conjunction with Hroti, Janoa and Dras organisation.

“No other zoo in Arkadia, or even Elyria offers an embedded Tribal heritage program of this kind. This has also allowed Arkadia Zafari Zoo to set an ambitious Kypiq employment target of 10% which we are determined to reach,” said Director General Gaivs

Arkadia Zafari Zoo will be adjacent to the Capital of Rome It will be ideally located with excellent transport access and only minutes away from other key Western Arkadia towns and nature reserves, adding another jewel in the crown of Western Arkadia’s developing booming infrastructure.

Minister for Western Arkadia, Duke DarioZ said Western Arkadia was the ideal location for the zoo and that the entire Kingdom would benefit from the development.

“Over the last century, Arkadia’s centre of gravity has steadily moved west, driving the need for new and expanded social infrastructure for the Arkadia population. Arkadia Zafari Zoo is set to be one of Western Arkadia’s main tourism and recreation attractions and will be a source of pride for nobles and commoners alike.”

“Construction of Arkadia Zafari Zoo will mean a $61 million shot in the arm for the Kingdom’s economy and create several full-time jobs for new applications ,” Director General Gaivs said.

Rome Zafari Zoo will include the following features: • Song Bird Huge cage • Purebread horses • Educational Bothany . • Restaurant and Inns • Quarantine, breeding and Veterinary Facilities for Ursaphant and armored War Trison • Integrated local tribes and natural heritage program. Arkadia Zoo will begin construction immediately with a scheduled completion date before the winter of 2019.

Botany,Resort and the Bank of Seads.

The Zafari Zoo of Rome is happy to announce that will host The Botany Resort, this will help and safekeep many variety of plants from extinction. The Botany Resort will also provide all the necessary Seads to the Latium Bank of Seads. The Latium Bank of Seads will then label and give the Seads for a special price to all the new Farmers. In case of emergency The Bank of Seads will help for free all those Farmers in need.

https://www.wwf.org.uk/

12/8/2017 9:49:11 AM #1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't WWF all about keeping the animals in their natural habitats and not caging them into zoo's?

In any case, I'll probably come visit ^^

House Storm

12/8/2017 10:08:56 AM #2

Yeah that name is a bit misleading but collecting animals and/or creatures that wouldn't usually be found in that part of the world for public display sounds cool. I don't see that being a sustainable in-game business, don't see players paying more than a small fees at best for entry but since you got the funding as a member of the Nobility I say go ahead, would like to visit one day too :)

12/8/2017 10:28:45 AM #3

Posted By Thor at 09:49 AM - Fri Dec 08 2017

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't WWF all about keeping the animals in their natural habitats and not caging them into zoo's?

In any case, I'll probably come visit ^^

You right Thor, i couldn't find a title that could attract readers. What i want to do is safeguard animal species in CoE from extinction. As Duke with lots Ep i will try to creste a big area separated by fences hopefully in a baium where the animals will feed and reproduce. My Zoo will be an excellent ground for tamers from all over. I hope the game mechanics will allows to see it all happening.

12/8/2017 12:40:09 PM #4

Sounds like a great idea! I haven't read all the dev journals but from what I understand, something like this should definitely be doable. Considering that the kingdoms are going to be pretty huge (I read somewhere that one county is going to be about the size of Skyrim), I assume that flora & fauna is going to be diverse and differ from region to region. If that's the case it would be neat to have a zoo housing most, if not all of the animals that can be found in game.

I have no idea where I'm going to settle down yet, but if I end up living withing traveling distance from your zoo, I'd come visit for sure :)

My Discord tag is DiCe#0396.

12/8/2017 8:20:12 PM #5

Posted By caputmortem at 12:40 PM - Fri Dec 08 2017

Sounds like a great idea! I haven't read all the dev journals but from what I understand, something like this should definitely be doable. Considering that the kingdoms are going to be pretty huge (I read somewhere that one county is going to be about the size of Skyrim), I assume that flora & fauna is going to be diverse and differ from region to region. If that's the case it would be neat to have a zoo housing most, if not all of the animals that can be found in game.

I have no idea where I'm going to settle down yet, but if I end up living withing traveling distance from your zoo, I'd come visit for sure :)

Would be very nice indeed. I hope we can transport animals in wagons. That would help a lot. In UO you could scrinck animal and bottle them lol .

12/14/2017 7:24:26 PM #6

very interesting and beautiful Idea indeed :) I'll surely come visit to replenish my mind with the Nature Aroma.

1/22/2018 12:05:50 PM #7

The Zoo is recruiting Animal keepers.

1/22/2018 2:29:40 PM #8

Oooh, nice idea, I hope game mechanics will be able to support this enough to have a proper zoo, only issue so far I see is if you bring animals from cold or hot climate (based where you will be), they might not survive :( but good initiative nevertheless.

1/22/2018 2:38:15 PM #9

You can turn parts of it to a school for people to learn about the animals and increase their animal husbandry skill as well. Maybe even sell books about the animals themselves if people would like to carry an animal book if they are adventurer in an unknown area. I think the biggest issue you would run into besides getting the animals would be the tech to house animals outside of their habitat.

1/23/2018 7:50:44 PM #10

Posted By Deftly at 2:38 PM - Mon Jan 22 2018

You can turn parts of it to a school for people to learn about the animals and increase their animal husbandry skill as well. Maybe even sell books about the animals themselves if people would like to carry an animal if they are adventurer in an unknown area. I think the biggest issue you would run into besides getting the animals would be the tech to house animals outside of their habitat.

Books about the Zoo animals, marvellous idea. Tnx mate. The problem how to take the animals in the Zoo... Yes you right i was thinking about it... meaby in Wagons? Or once they are tamed they can follow you? Or in cages ? We will see soon i hope.

2/7/2018 9:50:14 AM #11

I just bought the birds cage for my Zoo in Rome. I hope i can build a very big cage to host many birds all togheter.
The Zoo accept any animal donations. ❤ I love you all.

Song Birds Send ❤

2/7/2018 10:03:49 AM #12

An admirable ambition.

2/7/2018 10:15:58 AM #13

I kinda feel "Safari" would have been a better word to use, because I know there are some players planning to make a Zoo, as in animal cages/enclosures. But nice to see someone actively trying to make one a reality instead of just having the idea to do it :D

Good luck, will defo be visiting at some point :D

2/7/2018 12:59:44 PM #14

Tnx Nagash.. i got some ideas how to protect the animals. At the moment i got the animals from the merge of 2 Mayor and 1 Duke Accounts. It is a start, at list the Zoo will not be empty at start. I would love to have the Zoo a neutral ground, where enemys could go to sign a peace or a place where any player from any Kingdom can go with no fear. A no pvp zone. Animals, Flowers, a nice Inn with food and music.

2/7/2018 9:44:34 PM #15

Latest news from The Arkadian National Zoo. We give you intel about what is going on in the Zoo in the City of Rome:

...............While fully acknowledging that the small rodents were in no danger of extinction whatsoever, the National Arkadian Zoo announced this Tuesday an ambitious breeding program to produce far more Canisrabbits than necessary. “Although there’s already a very healthy Arkadia Canisrabbit population, this initiative would help produce substantially more of them than the normal Kingdom requirements,” said Arkadia National Zoo General director Duke Gaivs, adding that the organization hoped to increase the Kingdom’s current canisrabbit population by at least 800% within a decade. “Right now, across Arkadia, there are places where you can literally walk 10 feet without seeing a Canisrabbit or where you won’t spot one the very second you look out your window. It is absolutely vital that every ecosystem (whether or not Canisrabbits are currently present) be absolutely teeming with Canisrabbits, because Canisrabbits should be everywhere at all times.” Duke Gaivs went on to say that the current population goals could, and would very likely be, amended to reflect the desire for even more Canisrabbits.............O.o