COMMUNITY - FORUMS - ANGELICA GENERAL
Play as To'resk

Since I am planning on playing as the To'resk on the West coast sever, I was wondering if anyone else here is also planning to go with this tribe. If so what profession are planning to go? I'm wavering on animal keeper, hatchery, ship builder, or merchant.

12/9/2017 4:03:49 AM #1

I plan to go To'resk on the West coast server also

I have enough EP to buy some parcels and plan to hire farmers and fishers to work my land.

As a hobby I plan to breed whatever wetland mounts will be available and maybe write in game poetry or fables.

Always nice to see people interested in to'resk, they deserve more love.

I would personally like Ashland to get the to'resk kingdom because I like that kingdoms aesthetics and such.

Maybe me and you could work together in game? Who knows.

12/10/2017 2:23:48 AM #2

Yeah, I was going to do the same thing buy up some parcels and try to tame some of those wetland animals. Beastmaster title would be pretty cool!

Would be cool if we cool if we work together but too bad its just a waiting game right now.

On the kingdom sticky, there are like 2 or 3 NPC kingdoms. Will they stay NPC?

12/10/2017 11:07:18 AM #3

Posted By WakaBam79 at 03:23 AM - Sun Dec 10 2017

On the kingdom sticky, there are like 2 or 3 NPC kingdoms. Will they stay NPC?

Perhaps you may have been looking at another servers list of kingdoms then? On our sticky all 6 kingdom slots have been claimed.

2/6/2018 7:12:58 PM #4

As far as Kingdoms looking for To'resk locations, there are only three kingdoms they show up within. The Janoa/To'resk split kingdom, the Dras/To'resk/Neran split kingdom, and the Weard/Neran/To'resk/Dras kingdom.

So you'll be limited to only those 3 kingdom options if you want to be To'resk.

I also believe only a few of the NA-W kingdoms actually want any of those (the majority desire the northern kingdoms which have 0 To'resk). While the 4 tribe kingdom is a good dependable middle ground, I know of only 1 kingdom that wants the Dras/To'resk kingdom (Blackheart) and ZERO kingdoms that want Janoa/To'resk specifically. Although I imagine some kingdoms would be fine or will get stuck with the Janoa kingdom only because their IP level will give them last pick and Janoa may as well be the last pick for NA-W.

I'd personally be cool with being To'resk...as much as they look like Ferengi their playstyle seems rather fun and their community traits have a lot of advantages (no gossip is a HUGE one and family specific hording of knowledge means if you are at the head of the track on a profession and the research into it you don't have to worry about that knowledge leaking out)

Also being the in-between between Janoa and Dras sounds like $$$.

Not a fan of the stilts...while cool in the early game...it's going to be a weakness for sure, unless they get some advantage into Venician style engineering...although if they do I'm going to be in love. haha

2/6/2018 8:04:59 PM #5

I'm aiming for To'resk mainly myself.

2/6/2018 11:48:41 PM #6

Posted By Magvad at 2:12 PM - Tue Feb 06 2018

As far as Kingdoms looking for To'resk locations, there are only three kingdoms they show up within. The Janoa/To'resk split kingdom, the Dras/To'resk/Neran split kingdom, and the Weard/Neran/To'resk/Dras kingdom.

So you'll be limited to only those 3 kingdom options if you want to be To'resk.

I also believe only a few of the NA-W kingdoms actually want any of those (the majority desire the northern kingdoms). While the 4 tribe kingdom is a good dependable middle ground, I know of only 1 kingdom that wants the Dras/To'resk kingdom (Blackheart) and ZERO kingdoms that want Janoa/To'resk specifically. Although I imagine some kingdoms would be fine or will get stuck with the Janoa kingdom only because their IP level will give them last pick and Janoa may as well be the last pick for NA-W.

I'd personally be cool with being To'resk...as much as they look like Ferengi their playstyle seems rather fun and their community traits have a lot of advantages (no gossip is a HUGE one and family specific hording of knowledge means if you are at the head of the track on a profession and the research into it you don't have to worry about that knowledge leaking out)

Also being the in-between between Janoa and Dras sounds like $$$.

Not a fan of the stilts...while cool in the early game...it's going to be a weakness for sure, unless they get some advantage into Venician style engineering...although if they do I'm going to be in love. haha

Not necessarily true. Remember there will be a number of maps everyone will be voting on. Who is to say that won't lead to different tribe make ups in the various kingdoms.

2/7/2018 1:30:43 AM #7

Posted By AlaskanRebel at 3:48 PM - Tue Feb 06 2018

Not necessarily true. Remember there will be a number of maps everyone will be voting on. Who is to say that won't lead to different tribe make ups in the various kingdoms.

That doesn't seem to be the objective of the devs, according to the information in the January 12 Design Journal, "A Year of Foundation". A tentative distribution of tribes to kingdoms was published, and that is what Magvad is going with. This distribution could change, but it most likely will be well-publicized if it does change. If current player affiliations are seriously affected by a change, I'm sure there will be some uproar from the nobility and aristocracy.

Whether it changes or not, it is likely that the tropical tribes will be in some of the same kingdoms as each other. This would tend to make To'resk/Dras and To'resk/Janoa collaboration within one of the wannabe kingdoms helpful to the kingdom's interest during map selection and domain selection.

2/7/2018 3:22:14 AM #8

Posted By Magvad at 06:12 AM - Wed Feb 07 2018

Although I imagine some kingdoms would be fine or will get stuck with the Janoa kingdom only because their IP level will give them last pick and Janoa may as well be the last pick for NA-W.

Well that's a first, people want a kingdom will part waerd in it more than Janoa/To'resk kingdom. Personally the Janoa look awesome, more so if you are focused more on pvp/conquest/all that good shit.

Here I would have thought, assuming it stays the same. The kingdom that had Neran/Kypiq/Waerd would be last pick. Two tribes people don't really like.

2/7/2018 3:24:05 AM #9

Certain pair ups are more likely that is true. However until we actually are given the the official maps to vote on will the kingdom compositions actually be fairly set in stone. The game is still in pre-alpha, very little is certain at this point.

2/8/2018 3:28:00 AM #10

Posted By AlaskanRebel at 2:24 PM - Wed Feb 07 2018

Certain pair ups are more likely that is true. However until we actually are given the the official maps to vote on will the kingdom compositions actually be fairly set in stone. The game is still in pre-alpha, very little is certain at this point.

I get the tribe make up could change in many different ways. But someone pointing out Kypiq/Waerd aren't the most dislike tribes and someone would take that kingdom make up over the Janoa/To'resk one just seems funny to me.

2/9/2018 6:26:23 PM #11

Posted By AlaskanRebel at 6:48 PM - Tue Feb 06 2018

Well the game will be procedurally generated, my assumption is that algorithm needs parameters...at amount of each race and where would be a crucial parameter. SO I think the developers will stick to that make-up. How much of each on a percentage base within each kingdom may vary a couple of points, but the algorithm is going to still try and deliver the Developer's intended world balance.

If we can't depend on the developers words and intentions, what can we base anything we say on?

yes, it's too early to tell, but as it stands this is the data we have.

Everyone could wait till last minute when all the data is in, but they don't need to and it's not harmful to quote the developers. If it changes, it changes and everyone will say what the devs said. My information wasn't incorrect though. There is just an assumption that the developers will change or aren't 100% explaining their position, that doesn't mean their word can't be used to at least show their intention and better inform us when it comes to decision making.

2/9/2018 6:30:49 PM #12

Posted By Gunnlang at 10:22 PM - Tue Feb 06 2018

Although I imagine some kingdoms would be fine or will get stuck with the Janoa kingdom only because their IP level will give them last pick and Janoa may as well be the last pick for NA-W.

Well that's a first, people want a kingdom will part waerd in it more than Janoa/To'resk kingdom. Personally the Janoa look awesome, more so if you are focused more on pvp/conquest/all that good shit.

Here I would have thought, assuming it stays the same. The kingdom that had Neran/Kypiq/Waerd would be last pick. Two tribes people don't really like.

I do think Waerd is on the bottom half only because their society is so extreme (sacrifice and such) but there is a substantial group of people who love hobbits and gnomes and elves and Kypiq checks all those boxes and are really the ONLY one in the game that does so.

If anything, the reason a group will pick that kingdom mix is FOR the kypiq.

2/9/2018 6:53:02 PM #13

The distribution of tribes to kingdoms is actually non-arbitrary; it's based on the biomes present in those kingdoms, which itself is based on the latitudes you will find those biomes within. That is to say: While redrawing the kingdom borders might allow for slightly different distributions of the tribes, those alternatives won't look much different than what Caspian has already described because the actual terrain itself is the primary driver of which tribes are where. This has the effect of meaning that some tribe/kingdom combinations are just not possible, I'm afraid.

• Snipehunter
2/10/2018 7:03:26 AM #14

Posted By Gunnlang at 7:22 PM - Tue Feb 06 2018

I'm finding on Discord that the people who like Kypiq are very passionate about it. The same might happen with Waerd once people get used to the idea of not owning lots of stuff of their very own. I can conceive of the Waerd as a kind of monastic fighting-crafting-spying order, with the difference being that they are a whole tribe, with the settlements taking the place of monasteries.

2/15/2018 11:06:44 PM #15

I agree, Kypiq satisfy a very basic function in fantasy (Halflings/Elves/Forest Gnomes). I find most don't even remember To'resk or the Waerd because they don't fit into a singular box within fantasy.

I personally think To'resk will have the funnest environment to live day to day in, which is a big sell for me. I just wonder if their similarity to Neran will be their undoing.

Neran is the true middle ground...but To'resk were modeled to be the middle-man of the southerners. The problem is that To'resk look...odd...and that combined with no real inherent advantages compared to other races means they may be rather...bad...at least on a small scale.

I still would pick them just because getting around on a boat as your primary vehicle instead of a horse and buggy sounds like a lot of fun. Something I haven't experienced before in other games. Will they be worth it for others? Not currently.

Of all the existing races, To'resk is probably bottom tier for a lot of players and they need a "buff" or nobody will pick them. They are too much Jack of All Trades when the Neran does that better.

It constantly has me worried (as a person who will likely end up To'resk) that I'll be playing alone. haha