COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Cannibalism

It's exactly what the title says. Will this be ingame? Can it be used as a cooking ingredient? I want to have fine dining on human flesh to hark back to my days as a chef named People Eata on Mortal Online where every fresh player kill was turned into a delicious meat pie or dumplings that would be redistributed to new players in good need of a hearty meal. Would this be considered evil? Or just a fact of life?

2/15/2016 2:49:32 PM #1

2/15/2016 2:56:35 PM #2

Vampires will have to drink blood and stuff, right? so I assume it'll be implemented to some degree.

2/15/2016 3:01:25 PM #3

No, Vampires in Elyria feed on spirit, not on blood.

2/15/2016 3:05:53 PM #4

Baking people into pies is a must lol. So many memories. Killing someone then reverse pickpocketing their deep fried head on a stick into their pocket and running away was amazing.

2/15/2016 3:10:19 PM #5

This has been discussed here: (Cannibalism)[https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/General-Discussion/438-Cannibalism]

Btw, this post somehow broke the other post so going to the second page lands you here.

2/15/2016 3:11:59 PM #6

Ya i remember seeing this thread like ages ago. The issue is there is no way on this forum to necro old threads. Also had no idea there was a search function, and I doubt alot of other people did as most havent figured out how pms work. Can't wait for the new site. Also just noticed both our threads have the same intro lol.

2/15/2016 3:17:48 PM #7

There is no search function currently built into the forums. The main approach for now is to use google to search by typing 'site:chroniclesofelyria.com topic'.

On the second page of the thread Rhaegys mentions (which is indeed a little difficult to get to now) is this quote by Caspian:

"As I said over IRC - there's no recipe that requires human body parts... however rituals are something else entirely." - Source

So it doesn't look like we will be eating others... but that doesn't mean we will not be using body parts!

Author of the Elyria Echo the first, and least up-to-date, CoE fan site.

2/15/2016 3:21:33 PM #8

How much money must i throw to make this happen? Because it only adds to the gameplay and just adding some food items to a human corpse drop should be easy.

2/15/2016 3:31:56 PM #9

Personally I do not think it adds to gameplay. To me it seems like nothing more than a gimmick and adds nothing of substance. There are plenty of other food choices you can make and, while I joked about it in the IRC, I do not want sieges to turn into murderfests for food.

2/15/2016 3:33:43 PM #10

It isnt something hard to implement either.

2/15/2016 3:40:07 PM #11

Something being easy to implement doesn't mean it should be.

There are a lot of knock on effects that have to be considered.

2/15/2016 3:44:51 PM #12

Such as?

2/15/2016 3:45:11 PM #13

I've joked around about Tigari being a cannibal until he becomes a vampire, so I wouldn't mind it if it was actually in the game :D

2/15/2016 3:54:40 PM #14

Well, sieges turning into murderfests for food as I mentioned previously. That means that if you are caught in a siege it is not that you are just going to be starving it is that people are going to be trying to perma-kill you just to survive themselves. Interesting? Yes, could be a cool story. A good mechanic for someone playing? I really do not think so.

The other one that seems most pertinent is currently you have to think about how to dispose of a corpse and those choice might well impact on the story. If you can easily just turn that corpse into a pie why bother with the construction of mausoleums, catacombs, funeral pyres, all sorts of interesting things such as that. I do worry this 'easy' option might have a large impact on the world.

2/15/2016 3:57:59 PM #15

Make it an evil act then