COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
EP Scale

Hi all i been thinking on this for some time as to what should be peoples base goals for EP per title (bar king) and felt why we have a cheap ep sale i should post my results. Please be mindful these are suggested limits and are of my own opinion.

I will structure this so i can explain both the why and what for each level

Gentry:

Gentry are land holders of the day and why they may have some land they can inherit mostly they are left with “starting funds” AKA ep. These are the merchant class and the backbone of any settlement. Options for this class are endless and thus ep you could require could be small or large based on your goals

EP 1k

This would be a reasonable sum to setup most kinds of business you could buy a store front pack land use pack and have plenty spare for stock or upgrades.

This one is truly up in the air as it comes down to your personal goals ie if you want to setup a town from scratch u may be wanting to up that to 5k but if ur just looking for setting up a good blacksmith shop or a good trading company 1k should be a damm good starting point

Min suggested items to buy

1 x Land use kit 175 ep

1 x storefront kit 125 ep

1 x wagon 100 ep

For most basic trades this would get you up and running quite well with ep to spare thru expo to get things there are shortages for and such. IE no use bing a blacksmith with no access or iron ore. But if you got a stockpile u can wait for trade to come online and still be open why you wait.

Mayor/Baron:

Mayors and Barons are the first line of Management. They are responsible for their citizens growth and well being. It boons them to invest into there town to provide jobs and a better standard of living. In the case of the baron they also have to be concerned with local security of the county they have been set to protect for there duke.

EP 3k

This would allow you to get all the mayor packs and allow you to get extra land to solify your position as mayor. This also allows you to setup some regional projects like logging camps nearby mines and quarries to help supply your towns needs if thats the path u want to choose.

Barons could use it to setup better defenses and get much needed weapons and other starting supplies (horses?)

1x settlement kit 625 ep

1 x Land use kit 175 ep

1 x store front kit 125 ep

5 x wagon 500 ep

4 x parcels of land 400+ ep

200-500 ep of resources your town may need but there is a shortage of or lack of

As i said earlier as a mayor it is critical you shore up your votes asap before more people turn up to outvote you. So land is very big on your agenda to get but you also need wagons to transport taxes to your count and bring in resources you may need from other towns. I would also highly suggest stockpiling some resources that are rare in your area that your town needs.

Count:

Counts are the middle managers of Elyria having vast swaths of land to develop and maintain. A counts goals should be setting up the infrastructure projects to help his mayors and barons do there jobs easier. Roads, bridges, nature reserves and other projects all in this are all costly things that most mayors won't be able to afford to do themselves thus the count steps in.

EP 5-6k (per county)

This will allow for good infrastructure and investment into countywide projects like a horse breeding program, ship building and other focus you may have for your county. It will also allow for more focus to your county

1x info structure pack 1k ep

1x settlement kit 625 ep

10x wagons 1k ep

500-1k ep into resources your county lacks to stockpile till trade is online

Roads and transportation are a huge thing in the game so having well setup roads is a must and most people seem to forget that in the early expo days transporting goods is going to be the biggest roadblock to growth so i feel it responsible for each level of government should have wagons to help get things moving around the world.

Duke

The Duke is what we would call a Director in a company reporting to the Ceo(king) and directing his middle managers(counts) in how he wants things to be run. Why a king is a important figure without his dukes he could get nothing done.

So it is important that the dukes look to the management of there duchy very carefully and invest heavily in defenses and other vital duchy wide projects like Universities and religious buildings. They also need to invest in the AI Held counties and those less wealthy counts so they can perform better and are not left behind.

EP 35k (per duchy)

As i said before a duchy needs to concentrate on Defense more so than any other title holder even a king has less concern for defence then a duke so investment in this area could be vital to the duchies future. Also as i said one needs to look at investing in counties that are not so wealthy to have the ep and those held by the AI.

It is very important that a duke looks at the ep he spends not so much for himself but for those he protects and under his authority. This amount will allow for purchasing the packs he would need to do so and leave some for reserves for the future

1 x military pacl 10k ep

1 x Technology pack 5k ep

1 x culture pack 5k ep

1 x info structure pack 1k ep

1 x settlement kit 625 ep

20 x wagons 2k ep

5k ep into resources your Duchy lacks to stockpile till trade is online

3-5k ep on roads and infrastructure to cover county shortages around the duchy

As said a dukes concern for his borders and protection of his people should always come first but there are alot of other concerns a duke will have to run both his own county and the rest of the duchy. Again i stress most of the things the duke will need to get are not for himself but his people and the smooth running of his duchy. I would probably say may need more wagons but at this stage 20 should help get goods flowing around the duchy and also help with the work crews carrying construction mats to work projects around the duchy.

Disclaimer

Figures used to estermate these costs are from the EP Store Post Here which are a guide only at this stage prices may change once final store comes out thus ep amounts needed may change as well.

Again this is just my personal thoughts based on the concept of a well organized and run kingdom aiming for best possable expo experience and customization of their lands. It is by no means gold standard or using any knowledge not open to public view

also in no way Must you reach these targets they are again suggested levels

In Closing

I have not placed king in this list as i feel his ducal responsibilities pretty much cover his ep spend a king generally would not need much more unless he wanted to double down on being the most powerful duchy in his kingdom.

So i hope you all liked this and got some value from this post maybe even given you some things to think about that you may not have considered before.

Click Banner To Visit County. Join me on Discord: https://discord.gg/V6aCA2X

5/29/2018 3:37:00 PM #31

Awesome post Mandrake, best advice for everyone, Stock Ep.

5/29/2018 5:52:00 PM #32

I don't think I overspent on EP if I want to have a keep and a large town around it. I have just over 13k EP.

I figured the EP prices we know will be adjusted upward. I bought EP to be able to buy land if I am not able to pick up an established settlement. I'm outfitting a keep as well as a town with crafting stations and supplies. And I frankly figure there will be a metric ton of stuff in the EP store to buy when it rolls out.

5/30/2018 3:51:54 AM #33

Are we certain the EP price will go up? Is the current sale the best deal we will see? Or will it come back?

I’m reluctant to spend more, but at the same time I am tempted...

%5D(https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/19014/naw-drakemoore)

5/30/2018 3:58:01 AM #34

Posted By Klorinth at 5:51 PM - Tue May 29 2018

Are we certain the EP price will go up? Is the current sale the best deal we will see? Or will it come back?

I’m reluctant to spend more, but at the same time I am tempted...

No one knows for sure, sadly, if a better EP promotion will come along. One thing is for sure though, the current sale is already very good. I know many people, myself included, that took advantage of it.

Friend Code: CB1D33

5/30/2018 4:38:06 AM #35

Very informational post Count Drakus, Thank you for taking the time to write a well developed contribution to the community.

5/30/2018 5:42:46 AM #36

Posted By Klorinth at 1:51 PM - Wed May 30 2018

Is the current sale the best deal we will see? Or will it come back?

Caspian has said many times before, the EP sales won't get better than this. But the $200 for 3k or the new one, will probably come back before launch.

5/31/2018 9:00:04 AM #37

i agree other then last years 10% off sale where they first showcased the 3k pack and my love affair with it began there have not been any cheaper ep.

the 3k has come back to tempt us many times and she is such a shameless temptress!!!

but yes at 15 ep for every 1 USD not seen any better price.

i am sure the 3k pack and hopfuly the 2k pack will be back but it may not be till xmas or maybe as part of some event. one can only strike why it is out and hope for its speedy return!

11/22/2018 9:57:54 PM #38

since the 3k packs are back on sale i felt i should revive this thread for those who missed it the last time it was up.

another thing to consider also now is that we now know that we can buy NPC's to spawn into the world. we dont know the extent of how many are on offer but it is another important considerations for those facing labor shortages.

11/22/2018 11:05:01 PM #39

It’s hard to gauge how much you may actually need when there’s still so many unknown variables.

If I can easily build or gather the stuff I want, for example, spending the points seems like a waste. I’m more keen on getting blueprints over raw materials or stuff like crops (which you can presumably just find and plant).

We’ll see, I guess.

11/26/2018 6:03:46 AM #40

Honestly there shouldn't be any minimum EP to be whatever. Once we create our dudes, we replace existing dudes who already have stuff. We shouldn't be expected to pay X amount of RL money in addition to game price + sparks to start whatever we want to do.

How about thinking this other way around? What is the sensible maximum EP to have? How much is too much?

You may have gone crazy and bought Xk EP as a mayor. You are able to buy tons of additional stuff to your town which now becomes almost the size of capital now... How about upkeep? Can you keep everything running? Can you feed all all the people you bought with EP? What about dukes who spend bucket loads on military related items? Do they have to increase the taxes to keep their army in shape? What about counts? They spend their excess EP on roads for example. How much ingame $€£ upkeep roads need? Things might work if you can keep everything in balance, but there is a risk that you and many others near you cause a famine/overtaxing/whatever just because buying too much EP. I hope it won't happen, but there is a chance...

There is one more thing. What if people have tons of EP to spend and SBS decides that people have too much EP so they could ruin the world? They could increase/balance the EP cost of stuff so the world won't become too crowded or whatever. Most likely EP can have inflation.

So having more EP than you need may actually do harm to others, to you and to your citizens. I don't want to pay more ingame taxes just because my count/duke/king went nuts with EP discounts.

I'm all for supporting SBS to get this game out, but keep things under control. Too much is too much.

And now, all go to store and buy one more 3k EP pack! ;)

Backer #12. Friend code: 9B7EDE.

Kypiq mayor of Willowhaven - Crossstone - Whiteraven Rock - Tryggr

Join Whiteraven Rock Discord (https://discord.gg/ppTBAqs)

11/26/2018 7:08:43 AM #41

@Nahkahiiri,

Your post misleadingly suggests that "once we create our dudes, we replace existing dudes who already have stuff." This is not a given. Chances are, to be born into a family that has a lot of stuff, you would have to have started that family in the first place. So, the more EP you dispose of as an ancestor, the more stuff you are likely to get as an heir, all other things being equal.

Only Gentry and above can buy EP, and all of them have the ability to create a surname and coat-of-arms. Is this a coincidence? I don't think so. The obvious intention is to create tiers of players who are able to use EP to bestow stuff upon their player-character heirs. The more EP that is purchased, the more stuff is likely to be available to bestow.

11/29/2018 9:40:27 AM #42

sorry guys been sick so only just checked in.

@Nahkahiiri you raise a very interesting question which i have little double some will.

also to add to poldanos point a gentry starts the game as a well to do son or daughter of a land holder. but this land is not given you instead you are given ep 100 which is roughtly the cost of 1 parcel of land.

you have the option of trying to woo your family to put you as the heir to there holdings (not a given remember this is not rl but ELRYA inheritance must be earned) which then leaves you waiting for them to die or some rather distasteful deeds...

that all being done your end point could be well past expo completion. before you get that land to then work it.

now regarding max levels well i am one u can call in the insane catogry but then again i truly want the game to get off its feet so to do other then talk about it is a waste so i invested my money instead. not saying you must just saying some of us are looking beyond matral gain here.

now what was i planing to do with my ep? well build up my county for sure stabilise any shortages and create duchy bread basket to help support my duchys food needs.

but i was also looking to help do that world building thing so i was planing to spend roughly 6k ep out there in the world making spacial places where people could come along and go oh cool. u know things like donate a church, put down a statue maybe. i truly looking forward to seeing what ep store will have available for this misc type world building stuff.

i do wish they allowed you to spend some ep on your other chrs but it is limited to your main. it would be another way to world build at distance and allow ur alter life to have a comfortable living.

11/29/2018 1:27:32 PM #43

While this won't be a good scale for everyone, this is pretty good as a rough a benchmark for people.

11/29/2018 1:39:12 PM #44

I may have gone a little overboard for just 1 Duchy

11/29/2018 2:12:47 PM #45

You gone over board ha! :'(

Just a lonely peasant on the road looking towards a distance future with the sweat on my back and a tear of cloth in my hand a family crest it must be. A adventure will i have, I dream of dreams my destiny awakens me.

Friend Code: A48E0C