COMMUNITY - FORUMS - GENERAL DISCUSSION
Choosing package

If character is supposed to travel a lot, does pledging the Bloodline (or any other higher) package have any sense? What profit can it give your character if he`s not going to stay long at one place?

8/10/2018 9:26:57 AM #1

Some of the stuff like wagons and mounts are useful to adventurers. The Exposition access from bloodline is always nice - as it allows you to mess with mechanics a few months early.

You are right however that most of the Gentry, Aristocracy and Nobility tiers of packages are designed for those who will lead more settled lifestyles (Gentry as business owners and citizens, Aristocracy as settlement management, and Nobility as county, duchy or kingdom management) which many people find as attractive as wondering about the countryside.

Coming Soon(tm)

8/10/2018 10:12:32 AM #2

If I was you, and I am not very smart in most cases, I would go for the Settler pledge. You don't have to settle at all but you still have the merchant items. I think especially the merchant scales are important if you want to make a profit of things you want to sell. in the old days scales were used to weigh coins the determine their actual worth in the material they are made off. Especially gold, silver and copper.

I personally advice people to not go below settler pledge because of the merchant scales. They are handy. Unless you're gonna be a hunter or some sort selling items with fixed prices.

You can always upgrade :)

8/10/2018 11:10:55 AM #3

Realistically @Ilyria neither you nor I should be giving advice to people on spending on this game as we're definitely overinvested. #Top100Club

However, if the merchant's scales are that important (which I doubt they are unless you want to be a purely mercantile character) it's probably better to just buy the merchant's pack for $10 in the merchandise store. This is ofc more for those pledging on a budget or who genuinely have no interest in the surnames, sparks (lives), exposition access and various other bonuses.

@Everliving what package is best for you depends on what you want to do in CoE - if you want the DnD style adventuring lifestyle you can do worse than grabbing a basic Elyrian package and adding on the extras you think you might need (like a horse and extra sparks) via the merchandise store, though the Founder package is probably better value for money.

Coming Soon(tm)

8/10/2018 11:24:59 AM #4

Guys, one more question: if you have Adventurer level of package, you don't belong to any distinct kingdom, do you?

8/10/2018 12:38:58 PM #5

No, not until you choose a Kingdom yourself

8/10/2018 2:03:53 PM #6

Posted By Everliving at 12:24 PM - Fri Aug 10 2018

Guys, one more question: if you have Adventurer level of package, you don't belong to any distinct kingdom, do you?

Posted By Eladriel Quinlesti at 1:38 PM - Fri Aug 10 2018

No, not until you choose a Kingdom yourself

You will start in a kingdom when you create your character for the first time. For all intents and purposes, this means you will be a subject of the ruler of that kingdom just as anyone who is born in England today would be a subject of the Crown.

At launch, you will have the ability to (based on some background questions) choose the family to which you belong and thus your starting settlement, the county, duchy and kingdom to which you belong will come from that. How loyal, disloyal or apathetic you want to be towards that feudal hierarchy is up to you but it will exist and will have an effect on you - even if you intend to be a wandering free-blade.

Coming Soon(tm)