COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Can I play now? after purchasing it

Hi! my question its if I purchase the "Elyrian" package, I would be able to play now? thanks :)

8/15/2018 8:17:17 PM #1

CoE Game development is pre-alpha right now. It's not ready to play. After a while (soon) we'll have Alpha, Beta, and then after Launch you will be able to play.

In the mean time, hang out with the awesome community on Discord. Read through all the dev journals if you haven't already.

To learn more about the community, you can read over their community posts to learn about them and get in touch with them on discord.

For the four servers:

NA-W

NA-E

EU

Oceania

8/16/2018 4:19:12 AM #2

Also, the Searing Plague is ongoing. You can play that even without a package. Read all about it before you decide to participate, because without a package you will be generating plague that helps to make Elyria a more miserable place.

8/17/2018 7:19:59 PM #3

In best cases (ie no delays and on schedule) the Elyrian package means you'll be able to play at launch, which according to the development timeline will be around late 2019/early 2020 at the earliest.

8/18/2018 5:52:15 AM #4

Yeah if you want to play before that,( late 2018/early 2019 hopefully we'll have alpha one) you'll need to buy a package $500+.

8/18/2018 6:30:32 AM #5

What Aestra says is not strictly true. The Bloodline package at $135 will allow you to play in the Exposition phase, which is intended to start 3 months before launch. There are several entry points, with the general rule being the earlier you want to play the more you will have to pay.

12/1/2018 4:35:34 PM #6

Posted By Poldano at 12:19 AM - Thu Aug 16 2018

Also, the Searing Plague is ongoing. You can play that even without a package. Read all about it before you decide to participate, because without a package you will be generating plague that helps to make Elyria a more miserable place.

I haven't had the chance to read all the information, but have seen something about the (Plague). Could you explain more on this please?

Be Well, And Safe On Your Journeys 2AF9B3?

12/1/2018 4:51:16 PM #7

Posted By Poldano at 08:30 AM - Sat Aug 18 2018

What Aestra says is not strictly true. The Bloodline package at $135 will allow you to play in the Exposition phase, which is intended to start 3 months before launch. There are several entry points, with the general rule being the earlier you want to play the more you will have to pay.

You can access the Exposition phase with just the Elyrian package at 45$.

Barony of Kern’s gate

12/1/2018 5:06:12 PM #8

Posted By Gaelan at 5:35 PM - Sat Dec 01 2018

I haven't had the chance to read all the information, but have seen something about the (Plague). Could you explain more on this please?

The searing plague was a community event that happened back in August, it's no longer in play.

Posted By Terham at 5:51 PM - Sat Dec 01 2018

You can access the Exposition phase with just the Elyrian package at 45$.

No, I believe that exposition being for Bloodline and up remains unchanged.

12/1/2018 5:14:11 PM #9

Then there is a mistake with the description of the Elyrian package, because you get this in the store : "Access to Prologue, Kingdoms of Elyria, and VoxElyria when released to the general public"

Barony of Kern’s gate

12/1/2018 6:27:14 PM #10

Posted By Terham at 09:14 AM - Sat Dec 01 2018

Then there is a mistake with the description of the Elyrian package, because you get this in the store : "Access to Prologue, Kingdoms of Elyria, and VoxElyria when released to the general public"

Prologue is a single player, standalone demo of sorts that they were going to release to all backers.

VoxElyria became Prelyria (which I am so excited for) and all backers will get axcess to it in waves as a pre-alpha testing phase. Alpha 1 backers get in first, beta 2 in last, and this all happens before actual alpha 1.

Kingdoms of Elyria is a pre launch thing as well, it is going to be used to test Kingdom and land Management more or less. This one probably needs some updated info as other prealpha stuff has changed, but it is not exposition either.

Exposition is the final prelaunch stage. It is not a testing stage, it is the world building stage for people that own land to go in and customize it during a 3 month span to exactly as they have it rattling around in their head (give or take some EP costs and technological restraints.) And since it is for customizing your lands and settlements only people with land and settlements will participate. Hence Bloodline+

12/1/2018 6:52:16 PM #11

Hum, ok. I though Exposition and Prologue were the same thing. Thanks for the precisions !

Barony of Kern’s gate

12/1/2018 7:21:13 PM #12

Just a quick touch up~

Prologue is a free solo player version that is a "trial" version of the game and does not require you to have backed the game at all or purchase anything.

They are/were thinking of doing a (purchasable) addon for it that would allow for like ~10 of you and your friends to be able to play locally.