COMMUNITY - FORUMS - THE TAVERN
Ashes of Creation(Other MMO's)

I was just wondering how y'all felt about this game? it seems as if it is very comparable to CoE and is reaching for the same sort of audience. I have become curious due to AoC coming out with a playable alpha pretty soon. I think it's this weekend for its backers. Do you feel as though these two properties as two different entities? Or, will one dominate while the other succeeds? I am also aware of other games like Camelot Unchained, Patheon: Rise of the Fallen, and Amazon's newest property, and I kinda of worry about where CoE fits in.

hello

10/20/2018 2:52:49 AM #1

i think Amazons MMO New world will be closer to direct competition to COE

10/20/2018 3:06:09 AM #2

AoC doesn't know what it wants to be, the game looks like an odd mix between Warframe and a F2P Battle Royale game. That's from all of the gameplay I've seen recently. I'm not interested in it anymore in the slightest, their "game changing" ideas are simply more tape to hold the failing structure of Western MMO's together.

10/20/2018 3:11:39 AM #3

Posted By Morne at 8:06 PM - Fri Oct 19 2018

AoC doesn't know what it wants to be, the game looks like an odd mix between Warframe and a F2P Battle Royale game. That's from all of the gameplay I've seen recently. I'm not interested in it anymore in the slightest, their "game changing" ideas are simply more tape to hold the failing structure of Western MMO's together.

This is literally the only thing I know about any of these other mmos. So the Battle Royale fighting that has been seen lately is not going to make it to the final version of the game. I know some people that backed it, and I guess they just implemented that to help test fighting mechanics during Alpha.

Not a bad idea to test stuff like fighting mechanics strictly for the sake of testing, cough SbS cough cough

Might be fun to see a CoE free for all tournament in one of the Alphas is all I'm sayin

10/20/2018 3:46:45 AM #4

Posted By Labbe at 11:11 PM - Fri Oct 19 2018

Not a bad idea to test stuff like fighting mechanics strictly for the sake of testing, cough SbS cough cough

I know what you mean. I think seeing something would be better than the concept videos in the Q&A videos.

hello

10/20/2018 3:50:08 AM #5

Posted By Pigsy at 8:46 PM - Fri Oct 19 2018

Posted By Labbe at 11:11 PM - Fri Oct 19 2018

I know what you mean. I think seeing something would be better than the concept videos in the Q&A videos.

Aha, misquoting me there. What I meant to say was that when we are good and ready for Alpha testing a fun way to approach it could very well be that we have a week of just fighting. You spawn in and all we are testing is how balanced it feels when you 1v1 someone, or have an all out brawl with 50 people.

10/20/2018 4:28:41 AM #6

sorry about that. That could be a fun way to do it, but depending on how people want to play (i.e. being a crafter) it may not be what people want. I think AoC maybe doing the battle royal thing to chip in on the trend to get some publicity.

hello

10/20/2018 6:25:06 AM #7

[Just my opinion]

I'm waiting for both of these games to come out. I think AoC has a better chance than CoE not because it has a better concept, but because the director want to copy an existing mmo with his own twist. The director was a huge Archeage fan but he hated the P2W aspect of it. Their team can build from experience and current systems more so than CoE. The AoC will come out first and has the potential to have less bugs.

Both AoC and CoE have directors who value RP but I think CoE wins when it comes to RP.

AoC will win over pvpers imo, Archeage was a very pvp heavy game and AoC director loved that about the game. You can already see different pvp modes created. The fact that magic is common will make some people turn to AoC vs CoE.

We haven't seen much of pve in either game to really give an opinion.

AoC is easier to swallow for casual players as it's closer to a tradition mmo. There are no survival mechanics in AoC as of right now and you don't have to explain the monetization system five times for someone to fully understand it.

Overall, CoE offers a more unique experience and has the potential to be groundbreaking but AoC is just a safer game to make and safety can some time mean higher numbers, which means profit, which can turn into prolonged success. Both directors claim it's not for the money. So, I guess will just see where this goes.

10/20/2018 7:59:02 AM #8

It is 2018, we have already seen hundreds of MMO´s as AoC the last 15 years but never anything as as CoE. So for me AoC have nothing i have not seen/done before.

10/20/2018 8:47:09 AM #9

Last time I looked at AoC, it was more themepark. Still having instances/raids. While it looks a bit open world. It still seems focused on following the WoW clone look. More so by having tanks/healers/dpsers. Not really anything like CoE.

If anything, AoC seemed scared to fully break away. While it no doubt has some cool ideas, one reason I did back it as well. Can't compare the two at all.

10/20/2018 9:12:55 AM #10

2 completely different beasts

10/20/2018 9:53:30 AM #11

I honestly haven't paid that much attention to AoC since first hearing about it around a year or so ago. I did just visit their home page to give it a fair shake. The honest impression that I got was "Hmm this reminds me of Wildstar". As in a new MMO that really is just taking all the things people used to love about other MMO's and putting them together in a new MMO. Then we are going to add 1 slightly different element and call this a whole new experience!

I'm sure the creators of AoC are working very hard on their game, and I really do wish them success, but I cannot say that they have enticed me. Out of the others that you have listed I will say that Pantheon has piqued my interest enough that I may check on their progress some time in future, but CoE still has my heart.

10/20/2018 10:07:49 AM #12

Just my personal opinion:

AoC 's world is not as dynamic as CoE, so more like traditional MMO.

It's combat system is quick and flashy, just like traditional system.

Their devs said "yes" to most of the players demand, which makes me doubt if they will deliver on everything.

Therefore, I am not interested in it at all. Why not just go find another MMO in the market if you wish for that gameplay. The node system is not impactful enough to attract me to try it out.

Never argue with an idiot, cuz he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Vice mayor of Lux Verloren

10/20/2018 10:39:03 AM #13

AoC has a bum load of money as the boss invested millions of his own money. That alone makes it more likely to come out but grin what I've seen CoE will be so much more unique.

10/20/2018 10:57:34 AM #14

Posted By Deftly at 11:25 PM - Fri Oct 19 2018

[Just my opinion] ... Overall, CoE offers a more unique experience and has the potential to be groundbreaking but AoC is just a safer game to make and safety can some time mean higher numbers, which means profit, which can turn into prolonged success. Both directors claim it's not for the money. So, I guess will just see where this goes.

I think this is a good summation. I for one have never been able to stick to a traditional mmo, and another slight variant is not what I was looking for when I stumbled upon CoE. Feel like I am backing the right horse.

Posted By Roarer at 03:07 AM - Sat Oct 20 2018

Just my personal opinion:

AoC 's world is not as dynamic as CoE, so more like traditional MMO.

It's combat system is quick and flashy, just like traditional system.

Their devs said "yes" to most of the players demand, which makes me doubt if they will deliver on everything.

Therefore, I am not interested in it at all. Why not just go find another MMO in the market if you wish for that gameplay. The node system is not impactful enough to attract me to try it out.

I think one of those comments is key. "The devs say yes to most player demands." With CoE, I feel the devs happily take our opinions and best interests, but not at the cost of changing their ideal game.

10/20/2018 12:06:43 PM #15

The game is not even out yet and they’re already selling hats and jackets, etc, etc. For some devs it’s all about the $$$$.

Not interested. And no, I don’t see AoC in the same light as COE. COE has heart and soul, AoC has bling and aura of skin micro transactions all over the place.