COMMUNITY - FORUMS - NEW PLAYER QUESTIONS
Current test phase?

Hi.

I am new to following this game but highly interested in playing and getting involved.

What is the current test phase? I want to jump in ASAP but don't know where to start.

With packages, can they be upgraded over time for cost difference or is it full price to upgrade later if you so wish?

Thanks for any info / help!

When death smiles, smile harder ;)

Friend code: 775D6F

12/9/2018 10:30:08 PM #1

Not currently in a test phase, we are in like a pre-pre-alpha phase. The first test phase we will be in where we can Participate will be Prelyria, but we do not have a timeline just yet.

We just finished Map Voting where each server was able to select their starting continent they will be playing on.

We are about to hit Domain and Settlement Selection here soon though, one of the prelaunch experiences where title holders (mayor and up) will get a chance to stake out and claim their land on an overview map.

And to answer your other question, yes. If you buy the Elyrian package today, you can upgrade it by paying the difference later. But! some of the packages are only around for a limited time, as you can see here so don't wait too long.

12/9/2018 10:32:40 PM #2

Currently the game is in the family and friends only testing phase, it has not yet started the public Alpha experiences.

Packages can be upgraded over time for the difference in cost, but be warned the Nobility packages are going away at the end of December and the Aristocracy packages are going away right before Domain Selection (when you get to pick which area your starting title rules), which is supposed to be "soon",

12/9/2018 10:47:14 PM #3

Well I took the plunge and bought a gentry package. I may upgrade but not likely! I don't like to be too elevated, just wanted a family crest name and a chance to be a landowner. I may change my mind next month once I'm finally free of the ex and I have more money than sense haha.

Now to decide what to do and where my loyalty lies...... =D

When death smiles, smile harder ;)

Friend code: 775D6F

12/9/2018 10:51:34 PM #4

First welcome to CoE!

Second, here are some links for you to check out to see all the different organizations and domains available. I suggest picking first a server that is close to you, and then checking out the domain link to see the Kingdoms forums pages and see what one might speak to you the most.

NA-W
Angelica Domains
Angelica Organizations
NA-E
Luna Domains
Luna Organizations
EU
Selene Domains
Selene Organizations
OCE
Oceanus Domains
Oceanus Organizations

Best way to get talking to people is usually through their discords, or if you don't want to set one up you can send them a message through the forums. Best of luck!

12/10/2018 12:05:57 AM #5

we are in pre alpha right now. But Alpha 1 might start as early as March or April next year. Maybe later. We are getting closer. With domainselection approaching, we are getting very close to the first playable build. If you want to participate in Alpha 1, you can buy an elyiran package and the alpha 1 access. this is the smallest solution possible, if you want to jump in quickly. but it will cost you about $200. It might be worth it.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR

12/10/2018 12:36:35 AM #6

@Galliad thats incorrect, about the price. There is no upgrade to Alpha 1 except to buy the Magistrate pack which cost 550$. Edit: The Aristocracy line, which got the alpha 1 access, will be gone at the end of december.

Friend Code: B08D3B

12/10/2018 12:42:48 AM #7

I see it is gone now. Maybe it was removed from the store because there are enough alpha 1 testers already. but in the store is a category "alpha and beta access".

It was in the store at least, when I bought it a year ago.

carnead Die Entdecker und Verteidiger Avagasts suchen DICH! Egal welcher Berufsstand in unserer Stadt ist für jeden platz! [Geselle dich zu uns!] https://discord.gg/Sc6TyGR